Celtic v AZ Alkmaar.

As great as the performances were against Dundee, Diet Huns and Jablonec I think tonight will be a much better measure of where we're currently at as a team right now. AZ are a step up from anybody we've faced so far, they finished 3rd in the Eredivisie last season just a point behind 2nd placed PSV, so this should be a really good test for us.

Former Motherwell and Dundee United goalkeeper Sieb Dijkstra, who recently left his coaching role at Eredivise club Fortuna Sittard, says Celtic can cash in on the upheaval.

"AZ are a club in transition," the Dutchman told BBC Scotland. "A lot of key players left this summer - you saw on Sunday how badly they were missed - and the only significant signing is striker Vangelis Pavlidis from Willem II.

"Celtic have a really good chance to win this tie because AZ are not the team they were last season.

"The main dangers for Celtic will be Pavlidis, who was prolific for Willem II, Koopmeiners - if he starts - and Dani de Wit, a talented midfielder who can score goals. AZ are fired up for this tie, but I make Celtic favourites."

Former Motherwell and Dundee United goalkeeper Sieb Dijkstra, who recently left his coaching role at Eredivise club Fortuna Sittard, says Celtic can cash in on the upheaval.

"AZ are a club in transition," the Dutchman told BBC Scotland. "A lot of key players left this summer - you saw on Sunday how badly they were missed - and the only significant signing is striker Vangelis Pavlidis from Willem II.

"Celtic have a really good chance to win this tie because AZ are not the team they were last season.

"The main dangers for Celtic will be Pavlidis, who was prolific for Willem II, Koopmeiners - if he starts - and Dani de Wit, a talented midfielder who can score goals. AZ are fired up for this tie, but I make Celtic favourites."

They're only 1 game intae their season mate, which they did lose to be fair, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to what this geezer is saying. They may have lost a couple of players but I'd imagine given where they finished in their league last year they're still a competent enough outfit to do us some damage so we'll need to be on it I reckon.

Just got this from ma Bhoy he’s at the game thi nite asked him to send it as I left ma phone in the car last week (tit) that I am
Was good to see oor MD
Hope he’s watchin the nite.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Attachments

• C7B27AF0-883E-4630-99D7-A29636503132.jpeg
    C7B27AF0-883E-4630-99D7-A29636503132.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 9
My brother in law has lived in Holland for many a year and phoned me today to let me know his thoughts on the game tonight. Everyone on here is pretty positive about our chances and rightly so but a bit of caution as their young players that will play tonight are at a good standard and they will be a fast counter team with still a fair bit of experience included despite the guys they have sold. He sees it as a 50/50 tie over the two legs. I will take any victory by the odd goal tonight and finish it over there in what won't be a capacity stadium with covid restrictions still in place.

My brother in law has lived in Holland for many a year and phoned me today to let me know his thoughts on the game tonight. Everyone on here is pretty positive about our chances and rightly so but a bit of caution as their young players that will play tonight are at a good standard and they will be a fast counter team with still a fair bit of experience included despite the guys they have sold. He sees it as a 50/50 tie over the two legs. I will take any victory by the odd goal tonight and finish it over there in what won't be a capacity stadium with covid restrictions still in place.
Exactly M 7,this is one f our biggest games in the last few years,a lot of people are expecting a lot from this team tonight,this will be a tough game any win will be good..

HH

As great as the performances were against Dundee, Diet Huns and Jablonec I think tonight will be a much better measure of where we're currently at as a team right now. AZ are a step up from anybody we've faced so far, they finished 3rd in the Eredivisie last season just a point behind 2nd placed PSV, so this should be a really good test for us.
Don’t know if my nerves can take a really good test. May have to resort to the Glen Livet for assistance.
🥴

Members online

Latest posts

Back