Celtic v Blackburn Rovers - Saturday 16 July, kick-off 12.30pm

From a verygood first half to a really poor second half..Just on judging solely todays game Forrest,Johnston,Lawal,Bernie played terrible..Big reason the second half was so different from the first..I have no idea how that wall was lined up either but he seemed to pass it into the net..We need to buy a CH badly and DM..Personally would love a decent winger if Abada or Jota get injured also..Seemed to be a massive drop off in performance when all the subs were on second half..

I understand we made 12 changes in total but from completely overwhelming Blackburn we disappeared in the 2nd half which was disappointing as we really shouldve been out of sight.
25 minutes into the 2nd half before we got going again but I'd still say Blackburn were better 2nd half.
Jules 1st contribution was to give away a needless free kick in a dangerous position that we conceded from, I've stood up for him but not today , he was disinterested and lethargic.
Can take comfort from knowing our best XI is far far superior to Blackburn's.
If ever there was any doubt we require a few new faces still then today surely dispelled that notion.
A good work out , some superb play first half , 2nd half miles off it.
Vata looked ok , lawal out of his depth and not ready for the step up on that showing.
Still undefeated but that game was ours for the taking so a twinge of disappointment though clearly Blackburn couldnt live with our first XI.
Anyone have news on wheres GG today?
COYBIG HH 🍀

A good workout - our starting eleven looked good. We dominated an overly physical team until the changes.

It is clear to me that we need another CB in. I would like a DM too. And if we punt Ajeti then a striker too.

I would prefer us to push the ball forward much quicker with less tippy tappy pish at the back as this leads to too many goals when we lose the ball to high pressing teams.

I'm not too worried about the scoreline but I'd have liked the win we deserved. Bear in mind too that we were denied several goal scoring chances when our players were dragged down after getting past the Blackburn defenders.

From a verygood first half to a really poor second half..Just on judging solely todays game Forrest,Johnston,Lawal,Bernie played terrible..Big reason the second half was so different from the first..I have no idea how that wall was lined up either but he seemed to pass it into the net..We need to buy a CH badly and DM..Personally would love a decent winger if Abada or Jota get injured also..Seemed to be a massive drop off in performance when all the subs were on second half..
McCarthey was mince as well. Get him tae.... That goes for Julia as well. He's trying to survive til January to sign a pre season deal so more money for him and nothing to Celtic. French mercinary.

No disrespect to any of our players but I now get a bit of a sinking feeling when I see Mikey Johnson coming on at anytime in the game. He simply isn't up to the standard required.
Jullien is selfishly a busted flush and needs to shape up or ship out.
I was slightly concerned with Jura today and seeing another goal coming from his side of defence early doors.
Biggest disappointment of the day is seeing Raldo coming off Injured.
Reality check in terms of quality of depth in squad.
First picks look good but we are gonna need more in quality to support them if we are to progress this year.
No panic domestically but I'm not convinced we have the capability to compete across all fronts and is still a big concern for me.

Game of 2halfs to me Celtic were well on top even with thier early goal,from then until the end of the half we looked really good Blackburn had only one answer push kick but it done them no good the passing looked crisp defending was strong and if this is our starting 11 can’t see many teams living with them,second half was just a training exercise and our defence looked iffy

Terrible second half. Fringe players not up to the standard that Celtic demands from their players. More clear outs needed.First half good once we picked it up and got going. Ref could've sent off a couple of rovers players especially when Kyogo gets pulled back off the ball. Great to hear from oor Sean again welcome home m8

I think that was the perfect game for Ange in helping with the planning process for the season ahead.
What I take from today's game in a huge manner is just how short we can still be with players in key positions still.
With missing 3 key members of the squad today, still showed plenty enough against a team I would still class as a better end SPFL team imo.
The concern still remains that any long term injuries to key players leaves us potentially still fairly thin on the ground in cover and with real potential problems if we should suffer 2 injuries in the same position still.
Sure Ange will address this glaring problem still especially in the CB positions as could be very costly to us if not addressed very quickly.
Some big decisions still needs to be made upon a number of players still with ajeti already played his last game for the club imo, and could be a few more yet after today also.

First half tempo was good and we dominated, with the obvious exception the tempo second half was mince with poor decision making thrown in, a few of they bhoys wont see the light of day next season in game time imho, and I honestly thought we had seen the last of cunts not wanting to try with the hoops on, remember Ange if they dont want to be here then fine dont play them.

Jota looked fekin class today, Big Ben kept us in it with a few saves and first half Matt was brilliant. But I thought Abada looked to have found his touch again especially first 45 I perhaps just shaded Jota for Motm.

O and well done to the DJ for drowning out the away fans pre match when they started their shite, class mate thank you.

Still this time last season we were getting pumped by the "Ammers" so we must be improving. 😂 😂 😂

Just cannot see what Mikie Johnstone is going to bring to us. For me it's time to bite the bullet regarding him.
Not really a Ange type player imo POD, no longer good enough on the ball and even worse off it now, not that he was ever any good at trying to win a ball back in the 1st place.
Still could do with another potential 1st choice wide man as Forrest would only be a 3rd choice for me in either of the wide positions imo

First half tempo was good and we dominated, with the obvious exception the tempo second half was mince with poor decision making thrown in, a few of they bhoys wont see the light of day next season in game time imho, and I honestly thought we had seen the last of cunts not wanting to try with the hoops on, remember Ange if they dont want to be here then fine dont play them.

Jota looked fekin class today, Big Ben kept us in it with a few saves and first half Matt was brilliant. But I thought Abada looked to have found his touch again especially first 45 I perhaps just shaded Jota for Motm.

O and well done to the DJ for drowning out the away fans pre match when they started their shite, class mate thank you.

Still this time last season we were getting pumped by the "Ammers" so we must be improving. 😂 😂 😂
WHU finished 7th in the EPL and Blackburn 8th in the Championship so I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison.
Attack wise I think we have improved greatly. Defensively?? Hmm..

WHU finished 7th in the EPL and Blackburn 8th in the Championship so I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison.
Attack wise I think we have improved greatly. Defensively?? Hmm..
Nice to see you on again BFB, my comment re whu was slightly tongue in cheek and comes from my always look on the bright side of life. But we have came on leaps and bounds since the WHU game I'm sure you'll agree.

H.H

Just cannot see what Mikie Johnstone is going to bring to us. For me it's time to bite the bullet regarding him.
We will see what Ange thinks of him in the next game. If he gives him a start it's defo his last chance to make an impact. If he brings him on after an hour the writing is on the wall for him I'm afraid. He's had plenty of chances I just don't get it. At our club you have to grasp your chance when it comes, like Raldo last year.
On another note Jamsie looks off the pace and has lost that burst of speed he used to have. It was especially noticable when he swapped sides today.

Nice to see you on again BFB, my comment re whu was slightly tongue in cheek and comes from my always look on the bright side of life. But we have came on leaps and bounds since the WHU game I'm sure you'll agree.

H.H
Agreed 50 we are much better than this time last year. I just wish we would cut out some of the unnecessary fannying about at the back and playing ourselves into trouble. There’s a time for slick playing out and a time for just clearing the lines. Joe is probably the worst for this..my heart is in my mouth watching him at times.
If Ange expects the players to do this then they are only following instructions. But my gripe would then be with Ange. As i have commented before you can’t ask players to do what is not within their ability. Because you like how Barca play(ed) you cant just tell any player to go out and play like them tactically or skillwise.

Back