Celtic V Bodo/Glimt

Ach, we can redeem ourselves by going over there & playing OUR OWN GAME. As for plan B, adapt plan A with 2up front, 4-2-4 works with a high pressing game just means fullbacks & wide players need tae be 100% fit. Also it would make the others in the Conference Cup, sit up & take notice. Thank fuck I wasn't there because I was going Tonto watching it, on my final final final final warning, but canny help ir I've got Celtic induced tourettes 😂😂😂😂

It's Friday night Yasss 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃Slàinte

This is a bit late but better that than never. Family crisis today but settled down now. 🙏

Well I had one of the best nights ever tbh. there was a bunch of (die hard) fans left as soon as the third goal went in - to say they were upset is an understatement so saying these people don’t support the team is rubbish. We stayed right to the end.

When YNWA was sang I thought of all the fans who stood and watched the Celtic in years gone by and no longer with us and I had walked in their footsteps. all the people who had nothing but the love of Celtic in their hearts in particular Pat and Michael Duffy and it made me feel humble and privileged to be actually there. Loved it and will never forget the feeling it gave regardless of the result. 💚💚 Hail Hail

I wouldn't be too annoyed John. This team destroyed Roma. They seem to have a good manager. They were very well organised and at no stage panicked.
I would also rather to be taught lessons like this in Europe rather than the more important league.
I thought our weak link was greg taylor, but would scales have been any better? Juranovic wasn't great either. He was caught sleeping for their second goal. The third goal calmac was caught out and didn't pick up the spare man. The reality is that none of them covered themselves in glory and I'm sure they don't need us to tell them that.
The difference in this year and last year is, we were being taken apart by the lesser teams of the spfl. Major improvements have been made and as the bigman said last week, the team are nowhere near his expectations.
The world keeps turning. On to the next one.
Agreed, our fullbacks were nowhere last night, same for Abada and Jota
Maeda tried his best and took his goal well, but the service to him wasn't there
Everyone was off their game to be honest, and it's good we had that happen now, rather than in the league
Bodo are a quality side, no question, and played us at our own game, only with a much more composed, and better finishing
I still think we can turn this tie around if we get off to a quick start, and big Ange selects the right players
The league is the priority though, and Ange will have their heads screwed on again, come Sunday

Last edited:
This is a bit late but better that than never. Family crisis today but settled down now. 🙏

Well I had one of the best nights ever tbh. there was a bunch of (die hard) fans left as soon as the third goal went in - to say they were upset is an understatement so saying these people don’t support the team is rubbish. We stayed right to the end.

When YNWA was sang I thought of all the fans who stood and watched the Celtic in years gone by and no longer with us and I had walked in their footsteps. all the people who had nothing but the love of Celtic in their hearts in particular Pat and Michael Duffy and it made me feel humble and privileged to be actually there. Loved it and will never forget the feeling it gave regardless of the result. 💚💚 Hail Hail
Cyber hug on the way on behalf of the Noise, Pat and MD
YNWA Rose
HH

We didn't play as well as we could last night. Draw a line under it. We could play a blinder next week and redeem ourselves and go through, or not. I feel that at this stage if we win the league it will be an almighty achievement. This however is possibly do-able. Anything else is the unthinkable

I have never met you Rose, and I am unlikely ever to meet you. However, if our paths ever were to cross I'd buy you a drink. You have a beautiful soul and an expressive style of communicating. You really get what it means to live and to love something. Results are important, but it is the sense of belonging that you captured in your post that is paramount. Living far from Glasgow, I seldom see Celtic in the flesh. However, that sense of community that you conjured is all I need to feel rooted and connected. Thanks for taking the time to express something that so many others either take for granted or do not fully comprehend.
I am sure that we all 'get it', but it is seldom so powerfully explained.

I have never met you Rose, and I am unlikely ever to meet you. However, if our paths ever were to cross I'd buy you a drink. You have a beautiful soul and an expressive style of communicating. You really get what it means to live and to love something. Results are important, but it is the sense of belonging that you captured in your post that is paramount. Living far from Glasgow, I seldom see Celtic in the flesh. However, that sense of community that you conjured is all I need to feel rooted and connected. Thanks for taking the time to express something that so many others either take for granted or do not fully comprehend.
I am sure that we all 'get it', but it is seldom so powerfully explained.
Wonderful post P67.

On reflection, I think we we were needing that result, since the Huns game, we’ve been swanning about like billy big baws, thinking the league is done, we’re the best team…..nothing like a swift kick in the haw maws to bring you back down to earth…..there’s work to be done, better getting a slap in a nothing European consolidation cup than taking it in the league race 👍

Well put Bellshill, we weren’t good enough the other night and I like few on here knew it might be tough but still thought and expected a win.
Glad it’s happened now so we can regroup and get the best preparation for the retaking the league.
We have to be careful because we can say what we like about how rotten the ‘rotten mob’ are but need to concentrate on the work ahead and no be under any false illusions that it’s ours just on the basis we are top of the league atm.

Said it would be a tight game and there no mugs they did their homework on us a wake up call hopefully

No point going over what's already been said but i don't see us progressing ,leagues more important anyway
I'd rather we played league games on a Saturday anyway so let's get it won and stay in the CL until after xmas next season.

If we our going to lose a match I'd take this one all day long no club has a god given right to win every match. These players and ange have been fantastic everyone has an off daytime was one of ours so I reckon ange will have a few choice words in training over the next few days. I hope that's us out of the conference league I hope we don't land in it again bigger fish are being fried its the league and then the cup .Mon the hoops tomorrow.

We win then we play Sunday’s we lose its Seterdays better balance to the run in
Imo.
Love European nights but they’re even better in the CL we win this League they’re guaranteed. It’s a one off Season the League is the big one.
Who would have thought we had a chance at the start of the Season with the player turn over and an Unknown Manager to boot.
Luckily for us His name was Ange 💚
And a CEO who listens
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Back