Celtic v Hamilton - all comments here

Think Burke showed how good a player he is yesterday. When he came on changed the game and made it exciting to watch . My two friends left early as they were driving and missed the best bits of the match . Hope we can sign him class player .

A lot of comments on here re music, this type of traditional music played in the pubs of Ireland and Scotland ,is part of that heritage, ok this fiddle music as I prefer to call it was how they entertained themselves years ago,nowt wrong with it,many years ago I played guitar/mandalin and I mean way back in the seventies,folk/ country and western,no time for some of this crap they have portraying as’music’ the folk music tells a story of toil, strife, and a fight for justice / freedom,in ireland and Scotland,used to sing them all ,including rebel,music is all about people and their way of life,long may it continue,hh

No I love music from all over the place, different genres and times. From Woody Guthrie, to ela Fitzgerald, Johny Cash, in fact too much to mention.[/QUOTE

Morning TV1, more great choices there, If you thought I had a wee bit of a bee in my bonnet with your terminology you would be right. The phrase you used to describe Irish music sticks in my mind and has done for years because the clown that is Bill Leckie used it in a derogatory way to describe music we were listening to at Celtic Park, it was a hunnish, insulting attack on us from a gutter rag journalist that riled me up, thankfully I stopped reading them years ago to stop me blowing a gasket.

Aye, I had a wee laugh when I heard that line, I'll put the album on my long list of things to do today, to quote Ghost poet, I have a hangover that was spawned in hell by the devil himself.
? Just did a quick 10 miles on the bike as a straightener and now for a fry up. Whit ah wid day for some real square slice and a proper roll though.

? Just did a quick 10 miles on the bike as a straightener and now for a fry up. Whit ah wid day for some real square slice and a proper roll though.

Spooky, when I get my finger oot this morning that's the first thing in the pan mate.

Morning and I hear ye. I too despise Leckie, but, the term was about long before that cunt. I know that’s where it all started and everything, well, not all, because there’re plenty old old songs that don’t sound that way. There is so much brilliant stuff I wonder why people purposely set about doing songs today like that. With that song that was posted as a classic example of this.

Members online

Latest posts

Back