Celtic v Kilmarnock, 3pm Celtic Park Saturday 17 February 2024

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
We are level on points with them, having now played the same number of games. We go first against Kilmarnock Saturday afternoon before they are away to St Johnstone on Sunday lunchtime. We need the support to get into the right frame of mind here on in and roar the team on - ie we need more Celtic Noise inside Paradise and we need to see Brendan making sure that the team are at if for the entire 90 minutes plus stoppages looking for goals, Even if we are comfortably ahead and the game is won, we need to be pushing for more. Two strikers please.

COYBIG and obviously the Saints too...

We are level on points with them, having now played the same number of games. We go first against Kilmarnock Saturday afternoon before they are away to St Johnstone on Sunday lunchtime. We need the support to get into the right frame of mind here on in and roar the team on - ie we need more Celtic Noise inside Paradise and we need to see Brendan making sure that the team are at if for the entire 90 minutes plus stoppages looking for goals, Even if we are comfortably ahead and the game is won, we need to be pushing for more. Two strikers please.

COYBIG and obviously the Saints too...
We need to give these a doing. 4 or more really puts the pressure on thehuns to equal or better our score. Let's do this.HH

Think the only change BR may consider is the return of Taylor for Bernabei. Bernabei has been ok in his personal version of chaosball in the last two games but Killie's danger man is Armstrong who gave Bernabei a torrid time at Hampden last season. Armstrong also like a dive and Bernabei likes to dive in so trying to minimise the number of set pieces they get will massively reduce their chances of scoring. I'd play Nawrocki for his passing forward against a deep lying defence as he is much better than any of our other centre halves at passing but BR will stick with Welsh/Scales

Hart
Ralston Welsh Scales Taylor
Maeda O'Riley McGregor Palma
Idah Kyogo
Subs Bain Nawrocki Bernabei Bernardo Iwata Kuhn Oh Yang Vata

Given 2 defeats and a hard fought 3-1 win v Killie this season logic says another tight hard fought game. Another 3-1 win, although a reaction to us losing our advantage at the top could fire them up for a comfortable 4 or 5 goal win.

Think Celtic need to play every game as a Cup Final to make sure we win every game hopefully with a good score the new lads are beginning to find thier feet Tony and young Welsh are holding the line and making a good job of it no matter the rubbish the pundits and media are slateing Celtic are a better team than them and against Killie should win and with a good score, from now until the finish we need every point

Last edited:
I'd start Yang. He looked good when he came on last match. He's willing to take people on and he has pace to burn. I know he's a bit raw but I think he offers more of attacking threat than Palma. And I'm not hating on Palma, I just think we need as much pace in the team as possible. Badger face has figured out how to set up against our tippy tappy shite so we need to be a lot more direct, IMO. Don't do what he expects us to, and that DOB will be chomping at the bit to assist his favourite Glasgow club.

Hart.

Tiger, Rocky (direct passing) scales, Taylor

Maeda, McGregor, O'Riley, Yang

Kyogo

Celticdah.

5-0 the good guys 🍀

I'd start Yang. He looked good when he came on last match. He's willing to take people on and he has pace to burn. I know he's a bit raw but I think he offers more of attacking threat than Palma. And I'm not hating on Palma, I just think we need as much pace in the team as possible. Badger face has figured out how to set up against our tippy tappy shite so we need to be a lot more direct, IMO. Don't do what he expects us to, and that DOB will be chomping at the bit to assist his favourite Glasgow club.

Hart.

Tiger, Rocky (direct passing) scales, Taylor

Maeda, McGregor, O'Riley, Yang

Kyogo

Celticdah.

5-0 the good guys 🍀
Yang not for me young Lubo.😱 Don't see him making it at Celtic . Might do for Stalybridge Celtic🤣🤣

Every game now is massive regardless the venue regardless the opposition......whilst i appreciate there is a focus on goal difference the 1st priority has to be 3 points ....as I always say any which way we can particularly now on this business side of the run in.

Killie press conferences show both the manager and the players are coming to win...never heard this confidence before so we can see the agenda that is being set by the SMSM.

I have no doubts this is still gonna be a tough 90mins + no matter the bluster .....We saw some improvement last week ....we need to see much more this week . Everybody needs to perform. Taylor the only change from last week for me.

Back