Celtic v Kilmarnock, 3pm Celtic Park Saturday 17 February 2024

On the subject of Abada, we don't really know the position he's in regarding his family back home. Whether or not we are on the side of the Palestinians isn't really the issue. First and foremost he'll be afraid for his loved ones and that's a perfectly valid reason for not having his head focused on the football.

Totally agree. Yang should be on instead of Maeda. Other than his goal he wasted countless opportunities to get in crosses from wide. His touch is abysmall on a good day.

Maeda is a ball of absolute, unhinged, Japanese chaos. We never know what we are going to get from moment to moment. One minute, he is scoring a big goal for us...the next he is blootering the ball so high into the air, some would say he is trying to dislodge Kenny Miller from orbit.....but as much as we have no clue what he's going to do, neither does our opponents. He doesn't give them a moments piece. He is the anomaly to BRs style of tippy tappy pish.
Look at the results when he plays to when he doesn't. If Maeda is on the park....we win. I fucking love the guy and would have him in the team every week.
As for Yang. He is a young guy that is so confident in his own ability that no matter how many times he runs the ball out the park...he keeps coming back for more. He's got pace, he's got skill and, at the moment, he has confidence. What he doesn't need is BR dropping him every other game....or Celtic fans writing him off after 6 months. He is the sort of direct player we are screaming out for at the moment....so give him a chance (Ally 😁)

On the subject of Abada, we don't really know the position he's in regarding his family back home. Whether or not we are on the side of the Palestinians isn't really the issue. First and foremost he'll be afraid for his loved ones and that's a perfectly valid reason for not having his head focused on the football.
I’m not having a go at Abada shammy far from it ,,a think there is manipulation going on tho??…

Maeda is a ball of absolute, unhinged, Japanese chaos. We never know what we are going to get from moment to moment. One minute, he is scoring a big goal for us...the next he is blootering the ball so high into the air, some would say he is trying to dislodge Kenny Miller from orbit.....but as much as we have no clue what he's going to do, neither does our opponents. He doesn't give them a moments piece. He is the anomaly to BRs style of tippy tappy pish.
Look at the results when he plays to when he doesn't. If Maeda is on the park....we win. I fucking love the guy and would have him in the team every week.
As for Yang. He is a young guy that is so confident in his own ability that no matter how many times he runs the ball out the park...he keeps coming back for more. He's got pace, he's got skill and, at the moment, he has confidence. What he doesn't need is BR dropping him every other game....or Celtic fans writing him off after 6 months. He is the sort of direct player we are screaming out for at the moment....so give him a chance (Ally 😁)
Spot on Lubos ...Daizen gives the team his all and as you say the opposition have no clue what he is going to do next.
His workrate is off the scale.....I don't know how many times I've seen a defender looking comfortable on the ball with plenty of time to play a pass only to he thwarted by the samurai warrior careering in from no where to make the tackle.
Yes his touch is bonkers at times but his overall contribution to the team is worthy of his starting place.
As for Yang he is an ideal player to come on and make an impact from the bench for me adds good depth to the squad and hopefully develops to become a bigger player in time which he should get .

Think the only change BR may consider is the return of Taylor for Bernabei. Bernabei has been ok in his personal version of chaosball in the last two games but Killie's danger man is Armstrong who gave Bernabei a torrid time at Hampden last season. Armstrong also like a dive and Bernabei likes to dive in so trying to minimise the number of set pieces they get will massively reduce their chances of scoring. I'd play Nawrocki for his passing forward against a deep lying defence as he is much better than any of our other centre halves at passing but BR will stick with Welsh/Scales

Hart
Ralston Welsh Scales Taylor
Maeda O'Riley McGregor Palma
Idah Kyogo
Subs Bain Nawrocki Bernabei Bernardo Iwata Kuhn Oh Yang Vata

Given 2 defeats and a hard fought 3-1 win v Killie this season logic says another tight hard fought game. Another 3-1 win, although a reaction to us losing our advantage at the top could fire them up for a comfortable 4 or 5 goal win.
Just noticed you've got Iwata on the bench Gaz ...is he fit again ? Good news if so .

As most posters have said, Abada has received full supporr by the Celtic fanbase. I'd say the overwhelming majority of us can understand that being an Israeli Jew is not the same as being responsible for the IDF's humanitarian atrocities in Palestine.

It looks to me like most of the pressure being piled on him is coming from the Israeli side. We know their footballing association, politicians and media are publicly pressurising him to leave Celtic. But maybe his family are too. Remember that they will mostly be being force-fed very skewed Israeli propoganda, so are maybe not able to weigh up different viewpoints.

He is a young lad, in a foreign country, who is struggling mentally. It probably would not have been so difficult for him if he wasn't out injured for so long as he could have focused on playing instead. But that was not the case and he/we must deal with the situation he is in at this moment in time.

Last edited:
As most posters have said, Abada has received full supporr by the Celtic fanbase. I'd say the overwhelming majority of us can understand that being an Israeli Jew is not the same as being responsible for the IDF's humanitarianatrocities in Palestine.

It looks to me like most of the pressure being piled on him is coming from the Israeli side. We know their footballing association, politicians and media are publicly pressurising him to leave Celtic. But maybe his family are too. Remember that they will mostly be being force-fed very skewed Israeli propoganda, so are maybe not able to weigh up different viewpoints.

He is a young lad, in a foreign country, who is struggling mentally. It probably would not have been so difficult for him if he wasn't out injured for so long as he could have focused on playing instead. But that was not the case and he/we must deal with the situation he is in at this moment in time.
A would let him have a couple of weeks off to go back home and sort his situation out!!come back for the run in??or don’t?

I would prefer we got rid of green brigade than get rid of Abada
You’d be in a massive minority they and the Celtic Bhoys get the stadium rocking
We all saw the situation when they were banned.
Don’t want to lose Abada but think he’s already going due to the outside influences
Especially his country’s manager who hates our club.
And again like most on this we’re only guessing.
He stays fine he goes again sad but fine
The Fans are the only constant they stay through thick and thin and I’m the thin one

HH🍀

I see no point in keeping Abada, if he is not happy to be with us. And the quicker it is resolved the better. No point pussy footing around it. It is not good for us as a club. Loan him out if possible, and then sell in the Summer. Best for everybody involved in my opinion.

Good luck to the lad whatever happens at a difficult time for him.
Not an easy situation for the club either.
I think we can count him out for the foreseeable.
Our focus has to be on the team without any other distractions ...best for all to allow him a leave of absence.
Not sure what those conditions look like as we pay his wages.
But having him in the camp at the moment is not doing anyone any favours.
Needs to be dealt with park it and let the team get on with the business of being fully focused on the football.

A couple of other things - if he is unable to play for us despite being fit and he is genuinely telling us he wants to leave then freeze his wages. And advise his agent tht they will pay for any shortfall in his sell on fee we should be getting for a player of his ability. If he is truly that unhappy then buy out the remainder of his contract. We have just paid him an enhanced salary since HE agreed to an improved contract extension while we have supported him for 6 months in his rehabilitation from injury.

I think it’s been obvious for some time that Abada will be off. The political pressure on him will be immense imo.

There’s a lesson to be learned here though I believe.

Protest by all means if it’s warranted, but more thought has to be given to how that protest is made. The protest by the Green Brigade could have been made so much better in my view with the same impact, if they had boxed a wee bit more clever…

I think it’s been obvious for some time that Abada will be off. The political pressure on him will be immense imo.

There’s a lesson to be learned here though I believe.

Protest by all means if it’s warranted, but more thought has to be given to how that protest is made. The protest by the Green Brigade could have been made so much better in my view with the same impact, if they had boxed a wee bit more clever…
Agree way that mate,think there protest was a bit rushed🤷‍♂️it only was one small quickly made up banner to be fair,,but a suppose that’s all that’s needed for the constantly offended??think a might have a scour around other teams in Europe who has fans that agree with ours and have guys of the Jewish faith playing for them,if they’re also being knobbled ??surley we don’t have the only Jewish player??

Agree way that mate,think there protest was a bit rushed🤷‍♂️it only was one small quickly made up banner to be fair,,but a suppose that’s all that’s needed for the constantly offended??think a might have a scour around other teams in Europe who has fans that agree with ours and have guys of the Jewish faith playing for them,if they’re also being knobbled ??surley we don’t have the only Jewish player??
I think our fans have been the most visual and vocal in bringing attention to what is going on in Gazza where politicians worldwide have been giving it a wide berth apart from surprisingly South Africa who went all in with their condemnation, Abada may be getting pressure from his community but that only shows them up as the bullies they are.

Back