Celtic v Kilmarnock, 3pm Celtic Park Saturday 17 February 2024

I know we’ve had injuries but Rodgers has stuck to the same squad/ team every week, no matter how bad they play. There are players who are just not given a chance.
He bought badly in the summer window, which limited his chances to redeem. He actually bought badly again in the winter window, in Kuhn, who is wank btw.

Unfortunately dungloe we're in the middle of a tight title race, no room for youngsters at this moment in time.
If they're good enough, they're old enough, it's a face saving thing imho, they pay 3 million for a player and they don't want to admit they made a mistake by sitting him on the bench, Frame, Montgomery and a few others, Vata for example have shown they are up for the battle when they've been given the chance, so the 'youngsters' argument doesn't hold water with me

In the 1st half yesterday not sure if it was Taylor or McGregor that got past their press and was bearing down on goal to play it out to Palma instead of going on and having a shot summed up our game players looking to give it to someone else rather than take control, seen plenty of it yesterday and in the last 4 or 5 games it's so frustrating and this playing it across our box just invited the other team in on top of you, too many players static instead of making space by dragging Kilmarnock players out of position. To be honest you could go on all day about what isn't going wrong only big highlight from yesterday was that cross from Ralston for Kyogo to score from.

In the 1st half yesterday not sure if it was Taylor or McGregor that got past their press and was bearing down on goal to play it out to Palma instead of going on and having a shot summed up our game players looking to give it to someone else rather than take control, seen plenty of it yesterday and in the last 4 or 5 games it's so frustrating and this playing it across our box just invited the other team in on top of you, too many players static instead of making space by dragging Kilmarnock players out of position. To be honest you could go on all day about what isn't going wrong only big highlight from yesterday was that cross from Ralston for Kyogo to score from.
Your right it was Callum McGregor mate wide open for him to slot it home…too many buck passers yesterday..

Heard Sutton said he'd have loved to play against this Celtic backline.Canny blame him they are miles off what we need.

Heard Sutton said he'd have loved to play against this Celtic backline.Canny blame him they are miles off what we need.
I think that back 4 is quite good. As backup squad players who we can call on 1 or 2 at a time to step up when we have injuries. Yes, we are missing CCV & AJ, but we never bought a dominating CB in the summer we needed and were totally amateurish in dealing with the LB situation in 2 windows.

I'd fancy my chances at rumbling up that defensive line.

Big problems as I currently see things is we don’t have any player breaking the opposition defensive lines as we go forward.

No driving at them. No getting to the bye lines. No overlapping full backs. No cute one twos from a switched on Hatate which breaks the defensive structure. Not enough movement or showing for the ball. And next to no fckn shooting when it’s on.

Chuck in no tactical tweaking of things when needed and you get what we’re currently witnessing…

I think that back 4 is quite good. As backup squad players who we can call on 1 or 2 at a time to step up when we have injuries. Yes, we are missing CCV & AJ, but we never bought a dominating CB in the summer we needed and were totally amateurish in dealing with the LB situation in 2 windows.

I'd fancy my chances at rumbling up that defensive line.

Aye!

And you’ve only got 1 leg…

Left-back Greg Taylor has revealed Celtic players held crisis talks after the 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock.

That's when you know we are fecked. They have lost trust in the manager and coaches and are now trying to do it themselves. Never ends well!

Left-back Greg Taylor has revealed Celtic players held crisis talks after the 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock.

That's when you know we are fecked. They have lost trust in the manager and coaches and are now trying to do it themselves. Never ends well!
Dont get my hopes up Gary 👍

A 45 second clip that sums up the Rodgers style of play. 14 passes and we couldn't get out of our own third. Kyogo wide open but the side to side passing between centre halves continues.

That's us in a nutshell. We did that over and over all through the game but moreso in the 2nd half. Joe ending up hoofing it out of play, he may as well go route one from the start. It's embarrassing and infuriating.
Is this what they're told to do?
No wonder some fans who pay hard earned money booed them at the end.

A 45 second clip that sums up the Rodgers style of play. 14 passes and we couldn't get out of our own third. Kyogo wide open but the side to side passing between centre halves continues.

Fkn ridiculous. Even junior teams are told to move out and get the ball up the park. None of those players picked out a forward pass and in fact didn't even lift their heads to look. Heaven forfend they would run with the ball beyond the opposition. 🙄

Last season, Maeda would have taken the (bad) pass, and motored straight past the full-back. That has been "coached" out of him - no wonder that he can't raise a smile!
I'm angry just watching that again, absolutely no bravery whatsoever, players who should be able to beat a man, turning back towards their own goal and the passes to Joe Hart and the sclaff that he did, out to the right hand side that was almost intercepted, heart failure doesn't cover it, as I said, I'm raging, and I'd be grabbing team mates in the dressing room, give your fucking heads a shake FFS...and if I see one more player walking, rather tha up on his toes during a game, I will lose my shit...we are Glasgow Celtic and they're playing like a Sunday league team...boils me piss HH

Back