Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

Was talkin about lockdowns effect on players the other day the foreigners especially after training or a game it's just back to ur flat/gaff on ur jack jones u canny even associate way ur fellow team mates who are in ur bubble🤷‍♂️ it must be having an effect mentally thats a year now man
It will be difficult for new foreign players to settle in and integrate so maybe us fans should give them a bit more leeway. The mental side is such an important part of managing people and I am not convinced we have paid enough attention to this (I don't have any evidence for this but just looking at our players I think this is a problem).

Was talkin about lockdowns effect on players the other day the foreigners especially after training or a game it's just back to ur flat/gaff on ur jack jones u canny even associate way ur fellow team mates who are in ur bubble🤷‍♂️ it must be having an effect mentally thats a year now man
i think that could be the case, if your living on your own like some of our foreign boys were, it'd have been very unsettling. but then they're going to other 'foreign' clubs
they perhaps saw the football £ bubble bursting, clubs tightening their belts, uncertainty and though time to get out of dodge while the markets not completely fucked

Your allowed your opinion pal and you get 99% of it right IMO
Granted, terrible season without a doubt for him and team
I just think its unfair to trash his managerial career in the heat of the moment
Nobody gives titles away, althugh they are thrown away like us this year,
Trophies are won fair and square (in theory) and he got the first 5 trophies possible with us
Fair game to criticise this season but to write off his and players achievements to date is too far
Frustration comrade 👍🍀 at least we all still care

FFS we saw the nick of lennon when he came back :)

it's very east to say that BB, you may be correct but we're speculating on that. Many of the players turned up in tip top condition and they are adults after all.

Imagine we had cashed in and spent more money in summer FFS, we'd be in a mess judging by the recruitment record.

i've always had a sneaking feeling that there's much more to this than the baffling management. sometimes i wonder whether some of the baffling decisions are against the backdrop of this clusterfuck.

The ten is a Celtic born and bred thing which we placed in that status. For the foreigners, they don't think 10, they think 10 times the money, 4 times a season, pish pitches, half finished stadiums and shite weather. And possibly shite coaching/management.

Even homegrown, christie, train at home, puts a placard up, not 10IAR, Euro 2020

like they did many moons ago, we've just went from the unbeatables to the unrecognisables
Yes, you are right. And most of our players were responsible adults and acted like highly paid athletes, but the fact that we clearly were not properly monitoring them is preposterous. We have invested a lot of money in them and weren't even doing the basics when it came to checking on them.

It will be difficult for new foreign players to settle in and integrate so maybe us fans should give them a bit more leeway. The mental side is such an important part of managing people and I am not convinced we have paid enough attention to this (I don't have any evidence for this but just looking at our players I think this is a problem).
two examples

tony cascarino wasn't even foreign (debateable) scored goals for fun before and after,
but is easily ahead of wayne biggins for worst signings. Some people ust don't settle somewhere.

stan petrov - unsettled as left to own devices then with a bit of proper management by a proper man manager excelled

Frustration comrade 👍🍀 at least we all still care
we all feel it and we all see different things, your opinion isnt wrong and mines isn't right,
its somewhere in between
thats what makes this site what it is
i'm just a supporter like you, and people on here make sense and adjust my thinking

keep on giving your opinion as you see it,
you and i will be best pals once you realise its my opinion thats correct :)

Last edited:
i think that could be the case, if your living on your own like some of our foreign boys were, it'd have been very unsettling. but then they're going to other 'foreign' clubs
they perhaps saw the football £ bubble bursting, clubs tightening their belts, uncertainty and though time to get out of dodge while the markets not completely fucked
Aye along with the realisation that this teams cycle was over and the club telling them one more year the foreign bhoys dont/cant understand the full extent of the 10 fay they're point of view theyve had good couple of years winning trophies happy days time to move on even though likes of eddie agreed to stay to end of season as soon as it was plain to see we were toiling and along with everything else going on they lost the heart for the fight cause it didnae mean much in the first place

The real culprits are Peter Lawell and the Board.

With the appointment, even on an interim basis, of any half decent manager to replace Lennon, when the first cracks began to show, we would be seriously hunting them down by now. Looking forward to the run in.

By sticking with Lennon's ineptitude, they totally blew it.

If players wanted to go, they should have been let go. Irrespective of who it was. The question should have been immediately addressed as to why they wanted to leave
I believe the answer to that, leads to Lennon's door. It is then, that action should have been taken on Lennon. Lennon himself is long enough in the game, to realise as a manager, that when you lose key players' commitment, then either they go or you go.

When they didn't, he should have faced facts, had balls, and went. He would have been respected for that decision. Seen as putting the club ahead of his own financial gain.

Instead, he chose to cling on, excuse after pathetic excuse, like an ostrich. He is an embarrassment. Everybody else can see it, but in his ostrich posture, he cannot.

I believe ostrich meat is very tasty, never tried it myself.

Last edited:
Aye along with the realisation that this teams cycle was over and the club telling them one more year the foreign bhoys dont/cant understand the full extent of the 10 fay they're point of view theyve had good couple of years winning trophies happy days time to move on even though likes of eddie agreed to stay to end of season as soon as it was plain to see we were toiling and along with everything else going on they lost the heart for the fight cause it didnae mean much in the first place
The only problem i have with that is how do you know when a team thats just won 11 trophies in a row is done. We didnt end the season last year toiling, we were flying. Like everyone, with the additions in summer, i thought we'd run riot. To me this was to be the easiest of them all. I;m sure players/staff thought same.
Eddie to me is prime example, not kicked his own arse, had he been to last seasons form, we'd still be in the mix. He's slowly getting it together but thats so he can get best move for him in summer

Yes, you are right. And most of our players were responsible adults and acted like highly paid athletes, but the fact that we clearly were not properly monitoring them is preposterous. We have invested a lot of money in them and weren't even doing the basics when it came to checking on them.
IMO the only one that was out of shape was LG, the manager called him out and punished him
I don't think he was victimsed as an example, i think he was the only one

With the appointment, even on interim basis, of any half decent manager to replace Lennon, when the first cracks began to show, we would be seriously hunting them down by now. Looking forward to the run in.

If players wanted to go, they should have been let go. Irrespective of who it was. The question should have been immediately addressed as to why they wanted to leave
I believe the answer to that, leads to Lennon's door. It is then, that action should have been taken on Lennon. Lennon himself is long enough in the game, to realise as a manager, that when you lose key players' commitment, then either they go or you go.

When they didn't, he should have faced facts, had balls, and went. He would have been respected for that decision. Seen as putting the club ahead of his own financial gain.

Instead, he chose to cling on, excuse after pathetic excuse, like an ostrich. He is an embarrassment. Everybody else can see it, but in his ostrich posture, he cannot.

Ostrich meats not that great to be honest, chewwy, when you think about eating, it hides under the veg

With the appointment, even on an interim basis, of any half decent manager to replace Lennon, when the first cracks began to show, we would be seriously hunting them down by now. Looking forward to the run in.

But to take your point, they are more culpable than they think.
Lenny did the job asked, finished the league and cup
They weren't wrong considering the success of his first full season

IMO the lenny that came back bought into the PL way of operating too easily, thankful to get the chance. Recipe for disaster recruitment wise since then. 35 million in the pisser.

IMO he is getting a fairer crack of the whip from them because they kow the backdrop of why its went wrong. They've told him to finish the season and with their backing he went from a guy in fear of his job, to a different guy from his first post Dubai interview.

Theyve given him renewed belief in himself by giving hi that vote of confidence

I think the point I am trying to make is that if we properly manage the players (and managers!) then it doesn't get to the point where so many of them want to leave - especially when they should have been so pumped up to make history.

10IAR wouldn't have meant too much to the foreigners but it should have been drummed into them what it would mean to the fans.

Members online

Latest posts

Back