Celtic v Motherwell - Sunday 30 August, Celtic Park - kick-off 3pm, all comments here

Happy to get back to winning ways :) ..Taylor,Brown,Klimala should be nowhere near the first team though..Still dont know Chams best position..Pingpong was brill as was Forrest on left wing..Moi isnt doing it..Think our issue is too many players have been off form at the wrong time..I think we all want two strikers up front going by the name of Frenchy and Griff..Bottom line is win our two games in hand and we will be top as per usual :) ....ps need a new lb,cb and winger..Sinclair in his first season was the perfect winger/striker so someone like him would be ideal :)

I think Polish Paddy will come good the boys confidence has probably taken a knock but he'll get there
Lenny pointing out the obvious that the second half was good but all he did today was push himself further into a corner
Obvious to anyone the game changed with the strikers on
If you've strikers on firing balls into the box become dangerous.
Firing them into nobody becomes a ball to be kicked away

I don't. Because if it is then that means we have dropped points and we are risking winning 10IAR, or else he is being adversely affected by things happening in his private life, which I would hate to happen to a man who has given so much to the Celtic cause over the last 2 decades.

As I said, I'll support him but I wish the stubborn bugger wasn't so bloody-minded (mind you, it is these attributes of his that has given us so many good memories too).
👍🍀

Think Klimala did well when he came made some good runs and opened up space for others the guys confidence hasn't took much of a knock but i think this guy is gonna come good and start firing in with the goals

......if jamsie will pass it and lenny starts to play strikers again

I totally agree with the finance issue.
I still think a major problem with our football is the coaches are mostly still stuck in the old days like the SFA football has changed since the 70's and 80's but we still look to the same style of player, the big physical brute who can kick you and punt it out.

I'd love to see Scottish football be competitive again but until it is shaken from its cores it won't.

Also a striker actually scored 😳 who would believe it
Agree, but it comes down to a lot more complex issues such as government not investing in the grass roots guts of the game. Outwith Celtic, there is no real decent set-up in this country for young talent. Why? We play in a league that still allows plastic pitches in empty stadiums fit for condemnation.
Living down South, its tough to justify. Very bad.

Last edited:
Lennon screwed it up again.

We managed to get out of it this time thankfully but we should never have been in this position in the first place!

Brown needs dropped and should only be used sparingly from now on.

I want CalMac in his position and would love to see Turnbull in front of him.

I thought Klimala held the ball up pretty well when he came on. He had zero chance from the deflected cross from Taylor but at least he would've got it had it not been for Carson's foot. He missed a one on one but loads of strikers have done that.

Ajeti looked sharp considering Lennon said he's not fit.

Christie was a bit wasteful again today considering the amount of ball he gets.

A clean sheet!!!

Really want to get a look at Soro in a competitive game sometime soon!

Hopefully, this showed Lennon how fantastically stupid his tactics (no laughing at the back!) were the other night.

It's just so exasperating when we were ripping things up playing two upfront after the winter break, then he goes rogue with no one leading the line and we get pumped out of Europe by a team we should've crucified.

It's going to be a long, loong, looong season I reckon.

HH

I dont think we realise how little Neil Lennon has to do about bringing in new faces.
Lenny can only tell them who he would like to see at Parkhead.
Lawwell and Hammond decide who actually walks through the door as a new face.
I personally have no time for Lawwell,I cannot find it in my heart to forgive him for not paying the extra £250000 which would have seen John McGinn at Parkhead,that day told me this guy knew absolutely nothing about the skill side of this game.
I can moan about him every day of the week but in the end if DD is the man who pays his wages what chance have I got..
If Shane Duffy does eventually come to Parkhead I would credit Lenny with the signing because of their friendship not because of Lawwell or Hammond.
I dont believe Lenny had a say in the signings of Soro or Klymala,that poor bugger Soro is not getting any chance whatsoever to prove what he can do or maybe prove Lenny right for keeping him out.
If the latter is the case why is Hammond still at Parkhead,Bayo,Bolingoli,Soro, roughly a waste of £7m and no fault of Soro or Bayo they were not given reasonable chances and in Soro,s case no bloody chance.

HH.

I dont think we realise how little Neil Lennon has to do about bringing in new faces.
Lenny can only tell them who he would like to see at Parkhead.
Lawwell and Hammond decide who actually walks through the door as a new face.
I personally have no time for Lawwell,I cannot find it in my heart to forgive him for not paying the extra £250000 which would have seen John McGinn at Parkhead,that day told me this guy knew absolutely nothing about the skill side of this game.
I can moan about him every day of the week but in the end if DD is the man who pays his wages what chance have I got..
If Shane Duffy does eventually come to Parkhead I would credit Lenny with the signing because of their friendship not because of Lawwell or Hammond.
I dont believe Lenny had a say in the signings of Soro or Klymala,that poor bugger Soro is not getting any chance whatsoever to prove what he can do or maybe prove Lenny right for keeping him out.
If the latter is the case why is Hammond still at Parkhead,Bayo,Bolingoli,Soro, roughly a waste of £7m and no fault of Soro or Bayo they were not given reasonable chances and in Soro,s case no bloody chance.

HH.
it seems to be the case we buy these players and because we need to win every game the manager sticks with the proven players only

but with 5 subs allowed and very few used in games when the games already won is getting annoying

I like the look of paddy if Eddie's out he shud start but the big yin ajeti is he an number 10 meant to be or is he an out n out forward I reckon him paddy christie Jamesy running amok upfront interchanging noticed paddy didn't stay central all the time he can link up down the channels I wisnae sure about ajeti still but iffy tbh but that's 2 goals in a trot if hes as good as some have said then after eddie goes we have the players already there n turnbull becoming a starter for brown wid be great aswell the boy can defend but burst forward way real purpose teams know hes got quality dig on him I'm always up for adding more goals to our team it disnae matter who suffers(broony who I fuckin luv by the way hes been superb for us)its awe about the league win in the end innit really we canny he sentemental was good win today pity the breaks coming up we've no played much fitbaw canny wait till we r in a good rhythm n flying agian🤞 HAIL HAIL TO ONE AND ALL😜

Doubt it Stevie,Celtic too close to his heart for that shite.If he wanted to go i think he d be straight up about it.Good to get back to winning ways!
Has to learn its alright not to be right all the time, he knows the club, he knows the passion the fans have for their team and he knows we are the first to wish him well and we want thesame success he wants, if you get it wrong put it right, thats the logical thing to do and its logical and makes sense to put out the guys you know will cut it, not the ones you think will, so give them their chance and the cream will rise to the top and your winners will shine. HH

Has to learn its alright not to be right all the time, he knows the club, he knows the passion the fans have for their team and he knows we are the first to wish him well and we want thesame success he wants, if you get it wrong put it right, thats the logical thing to do and its logical and makes sense to put out the guys you know will cut it, not the ones you think will, so give them their chance and the cream will rise to the top and your winners will shine. HH
Perfect summary boab. We all make mistakes but he has to learn from them. Hopefully he has and we move onto the next challenge.

I know many of us have been banging the drum about giving him support with a strong right hand man. Someone he respects enough when they tell him "no", that he has got it wrong.

Knowing our club yes. So why take us into two games without strikers starting? After all, it's not "the Celtic Way ". We won today but the question rolls on and I'm not convinced yet.

Members online

Latest posts

Back