Celtic v Motherwell - Sunday 30 August, Celtic Park - kick-off 3pm, all comments here

Not only should the no strikers formation never be seen again, but the Broony/Ntcham/CalMac central midfield doesn't ever work either - 3 very good players that seem to get in the way of each other.

Neil - I'm not sure how you expect players to get their match fitness if you refuse to use the substitutions available (again only 3 out if 5 used) - and I don't mean the usual 86th minute run out. I'm delighted with the result, but it doesn't vindicate your tactics for the 1st half & Wednesday - in fact, successfully changing it to a more sensible use of your players shows you maybe made an error.

Ajeti looks impressive - can't wait to see him get up to match fitness. Klimala should have scored twice, but I think he'll come good when he gets up to speed.

Frimpong is fantastic higher up the pitch, as we've all been saying for months.

It looks like most of the teams in the league are not interested in trying to play football. It is just going to be park the bus, 10 man defence anti-football! Wonderful entertainment.

3 points! Woo hoo!

It must be frightening when you see wee Frimpy coming at you at pace,,,
You have a lot to worry about Tav,I think wee Frimpong could retire that clown.

HH.

Frimpong would line up offensively against Barasic if he plays against the zombies. He's their best player, to be fair.

Defensively, the wee man had that snake-looking weirdo Kent in his pocket when he last played against them.

Lenny gambled and won today.....I didn’t see enough from Ntcham or Moi.....they seem to be 2 players that play well when we are dominating things.....not so much when it’s tight.....we look so much better when we play 2 up front.....I thought with Broonie being booked it was an opportunity to bring on Turnbull.....that’s what I would have done.....a good win in the end...

Feeling much better now. I can come down from the tree I have been up since Wednesday. Good to have that over and back to winning ways. A good international break, refocus, hopefully Duffy signed, Eddie back, Neil Lennon off the Deludamol and move on one match at a time. Meanwhile a 🍺 to 🍻
He better let us know the next time he's on the deludamol so I can stock up on antidepressants

Not only should the no strikers formation never be seen again, but the Broony/Ntcham/CalMac central midfield doesn't ever work either - 3 very good players that seem to get in the way of each other.

Neil - I'm not sure how you expect players to get their match fitness if you refuse to use the substitutions available (again only 3 out if 5 used) - and I don't mean the usual 86th minute run out. I'm delighted with the result, but it doesn't vindicate your tactics for the 1st half & Wednesday - in fact, successfully changing it to a more sensible use of your players shows you maybe made an error.

Ajeti looks impressive - can't wait to see him get up to match fitness. Klimala should have scored twice, but I think he'll come good when he gets up to speed.

Frimpong is fantastic higher up the pitch, as we've all been saying for months.

It looks like most of the teams in the league are not interested in trying to play football. It is just going to be park the bus, 10 man defence anti-football! Wonderful entertainment.

3 points! Woo hoo!
Agree completely with you. Look how CMG took the game by the scruff when Ntcham went off. Still think we need a Broonie, mopping up things further back. I just cant see how Ntcham gels with the rest of the team, and his sideways and back passes bring nothing.

Lenny gambled and won today.....I didn’t see enough from Ntcham or Moi.....they seem to be 2 players that play well when we are dominating things.....not so much when it’s tight.....we look so much better when we play 2 up front.....I thought with Broonie being booked it was an opportunity to bring on Turnbull.....that’s what I would have done.....a good win in the end...

Think it would have been hard for Turnbull to play against his former pals and colleagues so soon and I think it was the right decision not to play him...yes he's a professional, our player now but he grew up with a lot of those lads who were his teamates 2 days ago

The first half was uninspiring stuff apart from the goal brought Klimala on to start the 2nd half and the Motherwell defence had someone running between the and there was more space for the midfield players who in the 1st half were getting in each other's way, Klimala should have scored not helping his case missing a couple as the game went on we got better Ajeti in acres of space that wasn't there in the 1st half tucked his chance away and the Jullienne added another when Motherwell were caught in the break a tactic they usually employ. Job done 3points accepted still a lot to be worked on and improved

Let midfielders be midfielders and let strikers do what they do best either score goals or pull the opppsition all over the place . Third goal Paddy leaves the defender to gamble go with the run and leave Julien he choose to stay with his eyes on Paddy and boom third goal, this is why we need strikers they go into pockets were they expect chances to come and open space for others.

Agree completely with you. Look how CMG took the game by the scruff when Ntcham went off. Still think we need a Broonie, mopping up things further back. I just cant see how Ntcham gels with the rest of the team, and his sideways and back passes bring nothing.
I love Ntcham, but too often he struggles to fit in our team. It is such a shame as he has a lot of skill. I think he will be away this window so good luck to him and reinvest the money in someone more suitable.

Broony will still play a large part in our season, but we need to have other options. I'm not sure we need 4 defenders and 2 holding midfielders for these domestic games where we are playing against a double decker plonked across the opposition goal line!

First half was turgid with only the CalMac run and pass and Forrest's finish lighting it up. The second half was so much better. Bring on a striker, then another, and change to 352 and we were back looking close to our dominant best again. We need to keep that formation, and Frimpong should start at RWB in the majority of games.

Latest posts

Back