Celtic V SC Wiener Viktoria Wed 6/7 @ 17:30 (Celtic Park Time)

Most of Kewells shouting was aimed at Ajeti to get the finger oot
Played with such a poor attitude as if playing with the younger players was beneath him.
Can accept any players having a bad day, but seeing that stinking attitude infuriates myself.
Not expecting any difference from ajeti at this stage now, so better to cut our losses and let him off now imo

Off topic but is anyone else having trouble buying legia tickets? When you click the link you get a message mindcast asks you to enrol the device but gives an error message when you input an email address.

Two of the best games I was at from last season were the two cup final wins for the Celtic FC Women's team. Once the crowds start to increase going to the women's games will be something else. Folk should give it a chance. That Scottish Cup win at Tynecastle was a perfect way to end the season.

Plenty to be happy about that training exercise, the downside is how are we going to offload ajeti?
Taking up wages that can be used in far better term's, think the club should actually think about just buying out his contract now imo
I disagree John, I think we should defo hang on to Ajeti.
Due to staffing issues the No7 Restaurant is looking for a chief cook and bottle washer. 😆

Fishal report..
Pre-season friendly
July 6, 2022
Bad Erlach, Austria
CELTIC… 7
(Kenny 9 & 25; Hatate 12; Johnston 17; Jullien 42; Forrest 43; Vata 76)
WIENER VIKTORIA… 0
Ange Postecoglou’s side enjoyed a comfortable 7-0 victory over Austrian side, Wiener Viktoria, in their first pre-season match of the summer.
Celtic started the game on the front foot, pressing their Austrian opponents deep in their half, and it wasn’t long before the team, wearing the new green and white Hoops kit, opened the scoring.
Mikey Johnston was the provider, driving into the box and sliding a low pass across the six-yard box for Johnny Kenny to finish from close range.
Three minutes later, it was 2-0 and the goal was a superb finish from Reo Hatate. He knocked the ball out wide to James Forrest and continued his run towards the edge of the box, side-footing the return pass from Forrest into the net with his left foot.
Johnston, who looked lively down the left flank and combining well with Alexandro Bernabei, made it 3-0 on 17 minutes, latching on to a ball that had been deflected into his path. He shrugged off a challenge and fired the ball home beyond the keeper with his left foot.
Celtic’s passing and pressing was played at a tempo that Wiener Viktoria couldn’t handle, and Johnny Kenny scored his second and Celtic’s fourth of the game on 25 minutes with a cool finish from eight yards out.
And a quickfire double just before half-time made it 6-0 at the break. First of all, Chris Jullien started the move with a crossfield pass to Johnston, and then was on hand to head home from six yards out after Kenny’s header came back off the post.
Then, just 60 seconds later, Johnston was again the provider, sliding the ball into the path of James Forrest to steer the ball home with his left foot.
After the break there were fewer chances for the Hoops, though Liam Shaw, one of a number of substitutes for Celtic, was unlucky when his shot from a Rocco Vata cross came back off the post. Ajeti followed up but his shot hit the side-netting.
However, goal number seven came in the 76th minute when Shaw played a ball over the top for Vata to run on to. And the Celtic winger produced a good finish to complete the scoring.
It was a good start to pre-season for the Hoops, who will now face Rapid Vienna on Saturday.
CELTIC: Hart (Siegrist 46), Urhoghide, Jullien (Dede 60), Lawal, Bernabei (Anderson 46), McCarthy (Shaw 60), Ideguchi, Hatate (Summers 46), Forrest (Vata 46), Kenny (Ajeti 46), Johnston (Moffat 67).
Subs: Oluwayemi

Plenty to be happy about that training exercise, the downside is how are we going to offload ajeti?
Taking up wages that can be used in far better term's, think the club should actually think about just buying out his contract now imo
Think the club will look at that as Boli and Ajeti have been a waste of cash and we've little chance of moving them on

I disagree John, I think we should defo hang on to Ajeti.
Due to staffing issues the No7 Restaurant is looking for a chief cook and bottle washer. 😆
I suppose he could be used positively as a role model for the younger players, as how not to behave as a professional footballer. He has all the necessary qualities and experience to excel in the role.

Last edited:
Good run out for the squad and a lot of players have done themselves a favour, However it was against very inferior opposition. Rapid will be a different story. Still, good to get a barrel of goals for confidence.
Still a very worth while exercise I would say brim.
With the quality within the squad now, highlighted by just how easy hatate and Guchi made the game look.
Alex the new LB showed enough to say he will slot very nicely into Ange style of play imo.
For the younger players it's all about seizing the opportunity when available to put yourself into the manager's thinking and lawel and Jules managed that, yet urgo and Shaw didn't seem to have made any improvement upon last season imo.
Ajeti now way behind Kenny now by the looks of things and Kenny is nowhere near the finished article either but still offers far more than ajeti could still imo.
The interesting one to see how it might develop is between Mikey and Moffat?
Both could be pushing as 3rd choice in the LW position for next season, and great to see MJ play with a good bit of confidence, still think imo that Moffat also showed enough to fit into Ange's play and think Moffat may well win that battle for that role next season imo.
Great for the youngsters to actually see how far they need to go to make the 1st team squad still, but at least they know that them opportunities will arise for them also, and plenty of promising talent on show yesterday.
From now on you would expect more of the main players to start returning now for pre season, and think lawel was the biggest winner yesterday as certainly deserves the opportunity against a much higher standard of opposition imo.

Back