Celtic v St Johnstone, Saturday 16th Mar, Celtic Park 3pm kick off

Tangent pre sportshun Celtic highlights.
Refereeing at the killie v St Mirren game was pathetic , that's a foul all day for killies first goal when they're behind on the hr mark at 2-0.
Completely wipes out saints defender and they score , not saying killie not worth the win but that then a dodgy penalty a minute later fairly helps.
Shocking how can var not see that , pretend to not see it I should say.

Really liked the play between maeda khun and kyogo , looked almost telepathic at times. That's an exciting trio on their game.
Looking at the 5 mins highlights though I watched the game we were excellent today at times, under pressure at ko to do well and go top .
Disappointed with kyogo coming off when he did as we were so far in ascendancy just felt those subs weren't necessary at that time.
The subs were ok, Forrest delighted for him still scoring goals like that is superb.
Another day it 6or7 , more.
Saints were terrible going forward but parked the bus , keeper played well the usual levine game.
That it is yet another new starting xi for us at this stage says a lot for us as a group considering that groups evolution throughout this season.
We suddenly have the look of a Celtic side enroute to the title it's in defence and mibberry our problems lie, CCV back helps us there but he needs help.
Impressive stuff yesterday despite mibs, more of that will do it for us .
Also just seen Motherwell v Aberdeen highlights Gollum pathetic , how long can they pretend we have a dozen or so officials terrible refereeing all round.
Also delighted to see the diets taken down by Ross County, not so easy without the mibs help.

Last edited:
Watching sportscene a thot the league trophy had the previous winners colours on it til
Someone else wins it!!??also the fuckin dimwit commentator on the hearts game bleating about poor hearts no catching a break???ffs…think they used awe there breaks against us the shower a shite….
Shankland caught cheating = "hearts canny catch a break" geis piece ffs 🤣

Comfortable win, probably should have been a lot more than 3. Kyogo & Kuhn the best performers but also good performances from Iwata, AJ and Welsh. CCV makes a massive difference when he plays, everyone seems to be more free to attack knowing he's there behind them.
Referee was a disgrace. He continually blocked off Celtic players passing options by standing in the centre of the field and hardly moving. He was there best player. Levein would get football stopped with his boring, negative tactics, hope they end up in the bottom 2 and get relegated.
VAR is killing the game, or at least the length of time it takes to check even the most obvious decision. They showed Kyogo was well offside on the screens in the stadium yet it takes another couple of minutes to confirm.
An interesting stat on CTV was CCV has missed 17 games for us this season. Wonder where the huns would be if Tavpen had missed 17 games?
Agree about the Refs positioning, he actually blocked a pass at one stage. Its something ive been noticing for a while now and am beginning to think its deliberate. I watched the Citeh newcastle game later on and the refs down here seem a lot fitter and more mobile, must have something to do with doing some proper training and aerobic exercise rather than just goat shagging.

The View fae 403...

Mostly a decent show yesterday although we were slow in starting...

Merit badges go to CCV Welsh Kyogo Kuhn and Iwata with Iwata just Motm for me, He bossed the middle and was a brilliant link between the defence and the attack, and if you dont believe me look what happened when Brendan moved him to CB for 10 mins 🤔.

AJ and especially wee Greg never produced much,but if AJ stops treating the baw like a hockey Puck when crossing it then we will be much better off.

The Twins both had a decent game and done well to only hit that idiot ref once with the ball, it looked to me as though he was trying to mark O'Riely at one point rather than ref the game..

Upfront our special K's of Kyogo and Kuhn caused the not so Merry Plough boys (I had to get that in this weekend 😂) all sorts of trouble, and Maeda was his usual all pace and press but not much in the finishing dept..

I owe big Joe an apology I thought he was at fault with the save when they scored, but having seen it again he wasn't and was unlucky it fell a farmer...

Brendan.... I understand the taking off of CCV... But moving Iwata to fit in Odin is up there with the decision to play Kyogo as a 10... Ie... Stupid stupid stupid... But at least you corrected it...

VAR... Jesus wept... How was that not a penalty, c'mon Celtic ask the questions..

Ref.. Clueless idiot, although did produce the laugh of the day when he told a Celtic player in the second half to hurry a throw in, after completely ignoring their keepers time wasting and all round slow play when the ball was out of play.

Jamsie and young Kelly done well as did Odin and surprisingly enough Lagerbhoy was fine...

Up next and hopefully the last time for a while the limp Livvy...

The View fae 403...

Mostly a decent show yesterday although we were slow in starting...

Merit badges go to CCV Welsh Kyogo Kuhn and Iwata with Iwata just Motm for me, He bossed the middle and was a brilliant link between the defence and the attack, and if you dont believe me look what happened when Brendan moved him to CB for 10 mins 🤔.

AJ and especially wee Greg never produced much,but if AJ stops treating the baw like a hockey Puck when crossing it then we will be much better off.

The Twins both had a decent game and done well to only hit that idiot ref once with the ball, it looked to me as though he was trying to mark O'Riely at one point rather than ref the game..

Upfront our special K's of Kyogo and Kuhn caused the not so Merry Plough boys (I had to get that in this weekend 😂) all sorts of trouble, and Maeda was his usual all pace and press but not much in the finishing dept..

I owe big Joe an apology I thought he was at fault with the save when they scored, but having seen it again he wasn't and was unlucky it fell a farmer...

Brendan.... I understand the taking off of CCV... But moving Iwata to fit in Odin is up there with the decision to play Kyogo as a 10... Ie... Stupid stupid stupid... But at least you corrected it...

VAR... Jesus wept... How was that not a penalty, c'mon Celtic ask the questions..

Ref.. Clueless idiot, although did produce the laugh of the day when he told a Celtic player in the second half to hurry a throw in, after completely ignoring their keepers time wasting and all round slow play when the ball was out of play.

Jamsie and young Kelly done well as did Odin and surprisingly enough Lagerbhoy was fine...

Up next and hopefully the last time for a while the limp Livvy...
Good post 50. I thought Lagerbielke was fine. What was so obvious was that when he passed the ball it was almost always forward. Big difference in the other CBs.

I must admit that I am struggling to see why Lagerbielke has been snubbed do badly. Aye, he is slow at running but his reading of the game more than compensates for this. And as he matures then this will only get better.

I think I heard that we had not conceded a goal when he has been on the pitch for us??? Apologies if that is wrong, and admittedly it is a very small number of minutes playing time, but he seems to do well on the few occasions he is grudgingly given a chance.

He is robust, good in the air, fairly calm, much more positive than most of our CBs and poses a goal threat. Could he even play in front of the CBs in the Neil Lennon role where his lack of speed is not so exposed but it emphasises his reading of the game and positivity on the bsll?

Apart from his lack of speed I assume he either has shown a shite attitude in training or else offended our coaching staff? Maybe he mocked a Gucci belt, or used Brendan’s teeth whitener to clean his car, or used BR's fake tan to creosote his fence?

I think we may regret pushing him out the door too quickly without giving him a fair chance.

I must admit that I am struggling to see why Lagerbielke has been snubbed do badly. Aye, he is slow at running but his reading of the game more than compensates for this. And as he matures then this will only get better.

I think I heard that we had not conceded a goal when he has been on the pitch for us??? Apologies if that is wrong, and admittedly it is a very small number of minutes playing time, but he seems to do well on the few occasions he is grudgingly given a chance.

He is robust, good in the air, fairly calm, much more positive than most of our CBs and poses a goal threat. Could he even play in front of the CBs in the Neil Lennon role where his lack of speed is not so exposed but it emphasises his reading of the game and positivity on the bsll?

Apart from his lack of speed I assume he either has shown a shite attitude in training or else offended our coaching staff? Maybe he mocked a Gucci belt, or used Brendan’s teeth whitener to clean his car, or used BR's fake tan to creosote his fence?

I think we may regret pushing him out the door too quickly without giving him a fair chance.

I'd have him before Scales and Welsh

Members online

Latest posts

Back