Celtic v St Johnstone, Saturday 16th Mar, Celtic Park 3pm kick off

A bit annoyed we never scored more but a very good performance.Theres always a massive drop off when we bring on the subs.
We hit the bar, had the ball cleared off the line twice - once by a handball (OK, we all know we would probably have missed the penalty anyway) - and had three goals disallowed for close offside calls. So I won't complain too much. I don't have too much of an issue with taking CCV off as we can't afford to lose him to another injury.

I think Iwata is showing us what he is capable of, but surely bringing on Lagerbielke for CCV with Iwata sitting in front to protect them was a more sensible call.

Expect an early Tavpen to settle their nerves, early Dundee bookings to take the sting out of their defending and lots of incomprehensible let-offs from Don Robertson (seriously!) and the super-impartial Douglas "Red Card! Red Card! Red Card!" Ross.

A good win today unfortunate not to have scored more in the 1st half ,quick start in the 2nd half saw it become more comfortable big question was why did Lagerbielke not come on for CCV moving Iwata back upset the rhythm of the team. Rodgers realised his mistake and when Lagerbielke came on he played well enough, not sure what the problem is with Lagerbielke but there must be one. Ref getting in the end at numerous times and being a pain pulling back quick free kicks or moving the ball back every time we had a free kick get allowing them to move it forward when it was St Johnstone taking one.

They went back far enough to find a reason to disallow another Celtic goal. We know that VAR would have done a hasty cursory check only on the final throughball to review a sevco goal before allowing it to stand.

I'm not saying it would have played the Celtic players onside, but IMO I'd have said the further away St J defender's foot was closer to his own goal line than the knee of the player they selected. Those few inches could make a difference when it is really close.

View attachment 25375
Does that still not show the first phase of play!!!how fuckin many phases do these snide cunts go back??

The boy Kuhn needs to be allowed to do the same every game,running at defenders ball at feet brilliant stuff,,more like Abada than paddy Robert’s a think?tho why we changed that in the second half is anyone’s guess??aj just kept getting in the guys way..anyway that’s just nitpicking,,great result,well played the bhoys a wee rest noo!!!

I'm happy with the win but disappointed with the goal conceded.small fry perhaps but this title could go to gd like the bundesliga last season.
Happy to see kuhn continue to improve,Forrest score yet again and Joe Hart absolutely livid we conceded,rightly so.
The subs lost us momentum I thought though we got it back .
Thought we'd score a few today but also thought we'd concede , should've been out of sight at ht but I'm not complaining about a win, over to the bottle merchants HH

You’ll notice the ball had already been played when this still pic was taken and that makes all the difference…
You look like you called this correctly, unlike VAR. Yet in December when Dundee last played sevco, VAR interupted the match to highlight a shirtpull on Sima to gift them a desperately needed Tavpen.

But crucially VAR ignored and didn't show the infringement just seconds earlier where Sima initiated the shirt pulling by grabbing the Dundee defender first!

2024-03-16-20-47-24-988.jpg

You look like you called this correctly, unlike VAR. Yet in December when Dundee last played sevco, VAR interupted the match to highlight a shirtpull on Sima to gift them a desperately needed Tavpen.

But crucially VAR ignored and didn't show the infringement just seconds earlier where Sima initiated the shirt pulling by grabbing the Dundee defender first!

View attachment 25380

Those goals put us ahead on GD that’s the reason they looked at the placenta to make sure they were chopped off.
It was ever this way in wee Hunfilledfullo💩
Scotia

HH🍀

Just watched the complete 5mins of highlights and thought Kyogo was as sharp as he's ever been, Paddy Kuhn is proving he's a player and having CCV back is brilliant.

We coulda, shoulda scored more and it was obvious we found the rhythm and intensity that's been lacking recently. Some consistency is needed and the defence has to have a look at itself when the big man isn't on the pitch.

I got a correct score on the predictor so I'm not going to moan about the losers goal.

🍀

Brendanball
Well said mate
Credit where credit is due.
When anges’ team played well we looked a great side.
When Brendan’s team play well we look a great side.
Difference is Ange more cavalier less organised to defend
Brendan’s team is less cavalier but more organised at the back
I’m obviously talking about when both had full squads fit and playing at full strength.
As everybody knows ange had a better squad and starting 11
If there is doubt about Brendan’s recruitment fair enough give him an experienced scouting team to find the players he needs/wants and he will give us the team we want I don’t have any doubt.

Just watched the complete 5mins of highlights and thought Kyogo was as sharp as he's ever been, Paddy Kuhn is proving he's a player and having CCV back is brilliant.

We coulda, shoulda scored more and it was obvious we found the rhythm and intensity that's been lacking recently. Some consistency is needed and the defence has to have a look at itself when the big man isn't on the pitch.

I got a correct score on the predictor so I'm not going to moan about the losers goal.

🍀
That's it Shammy ...."Paddy Kuhn " brilliant.
Tis now his name 😊🍀💚👏👍

View attachment 25380

VAR: "We are the DOBs We are the DOBs, We are, We are, We are the DOBs"

Evening Ghirls & Bhoys, been a great wee day, bit of a bad tempered start. Down for breakfast in local cafe & then in to Dumbarton for a few beers.

Thought it was a great game, dae that for the next 8 games & the league's our again, the Wee Mhan has his major back just in time for a HUNSKELPING.

Kuhn had another good game & Wee Jamesy bagging another.

Huns on Sportscene raging, Jackie Mc loving it.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴

Evening Ghirls & Bhoys, been a great wee day, bit of a bad tempered start. Down for breakfast in local cafe & then in to Dumbarton for a few beers.

Thought it was a great game, dae that for the next 8 games & the league's our again, the Wee Mhan has his major back just in time for a HUNSKELPING.

Kuhn had another good game & Wee Jamesy bagging another.

Huns on Sportscene raging, Jackie Mc loving it.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴
Did the Sportscene Hundits agree that the handball save off the line was a stonewall penalty? Or did they toe the Ibrokes propaganda line that Celtic deserve feck all from the MIBs for every decision made, no matter how ludicrous it is and the exact opposite from what they argued last week to justify a yet another dubious decision in favour of sevco?

Latest posts

Back