Celtic v St Mirren - Scottish Premiership Saturday 30 January, kick-off 3pm - all comments here

Not the news I wanted to hear. I want him gone immediately. Not hanging around like a toxic stench, when a new manager is due to be appointed.

As for Dermot Desmond's glowing tribute.

1. Lawell was well paid for doing the job.

2. He did not do the job as well, as it could, and should have been done.

3. He was the key figure in fermenting fraction within the club.

4. His lack of guts allowed Celtic to be bullied by vested interests, time after time. Either that, or it was through negligence or in sympathy with those same vested interests.

5. His cowardice has allowed a cheating, conniving, tax evading, sectarian, toxic entity to be resurrected, to further pollute Scottish football.

6. He did not win one match or trophy and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

This is just some of what his real legacy is.

He looked after your interests and those of his own first, Mr. Desmond. Not those of Celtic.

He certainly will not be missed, by me.

I just hope the new man has more backbone. But I would not be filled with confidence. I think it will be more of the same.
Sorry folks, wrong thread. Meant to put it on the PL one. Maybe WC can help?
Just -repost in the Lawwell thread, not the worst mistake today....

Another bit of history for Lennon - 1990 last time St Mirren won at Parkhead !
Last time St Mirren beat us at Love Street , Mowbray lost his job and was replaced by ... Neil Lennon !

HH
No other manager in our history would have been given this long with our performances. Sorry, lack of. Throwing the players under the bus yet again. He is a laughing stock. Never has he held his hands up. Fekn embarrassment of a manager🤬

Celtic legend ( real legend) Billy McNeil was SACKED due to team results .

Why , Why is Lennon still in post after numerous disasters this season ?

HH

So losing at home to st Mirren is worse than losing at home to ross county, hes lost the dressing room, throwing players under the bus in public never works. Now theres nowhere for lenny to turn, cant turn to Peter no more for any confidence boost . I am stunned by the lack of confidence in the players and that comes from lenny, he is inspiring no-one, he is kidding no-one bar himself and I'm left wondering what does it take for a Celtic manager to be sacked. Peter Lawell should make it one of his last duties and put him and the rest of us out of our miseries. A poorer Celtic side I haven't seen for many many years , mowbray, barnes , macari Brady-esque. If lawell wants to go out with any credibility then he will do what he ought to have done months ago and sack lenny. Wheres Griffiths and his tee-shirt slogans tonight?

This is one of the best Celtic squads in a long time but none are wanting to play for the manager and his/PLs management team. At this rate we will be doing well to finish 2nd. I honestly cant remember the last time I've been so angry , disappointed and every negative I can think of about Celtic. EVERY club we face fancies their chances against us and rightly so, even the 2nil against Hamilton the scoreline flattered us.

This has been a really disappointing season and probably the worst of my lifetime, the 90s were really bad but imo this season is up there with any of it because we had so much resources and should have been way out in front the last 2 seasons but we have only ever done enough to stay slightly in front and now we have let that mob take their first title...

Is lennon purposefully sabotaging this season? Playing Duffy would suggest so to me, Welsh is learning the game and is 100 times the defender duffy has been and he can't get a look in under lennon...

That team is a shambles and the club is a laughing stock, lennon should have had his jotters after the sparta Prague game I cant get over that he is still here.

Im not for bashing lennon but I have always felt he isn't a good manager even first time round i said that, if we really wanted to be as successful a club as we could possibly be we would have had Rodgers style managers since O'Neil left instead we have stagnated in the most important games of them all in Europe, 10.would have been amazing to bury them but we must push to be the best we can be as a club in Europe, that's were respect and interest from players comes and if we do that we could progress as a club and we would have romped this league year on year out no matter what because we would have had a better class of player.

In my opinion the stalwarts of our club haven't really been interested in pushing our club up the levels just satisfied to continue making profit for their pockets whilst the club remained the same product year in year out.

I an developing a theory that Celtic has been taken over by the council without telling anyone and this is why Lenny is still in a job since you only get sacked for theft or fighting at the council and being totally fucking useless just means you need a bit more training.

For Lennon to accept no blame and yet to name Ajeti and Griffiths as doing nothing and letting him down is diabolical. Man up and take some fecking responsibility you stubborn fecker. YOU are most to blame for this crap season, no-one else. Just go! Now! Pretty please!

Jock Stein was Sacked although Celtic called it Celtic Pools Job
Billy Mac replaced Mr Stein
Davie Hay punted.
Mr Tommy Burns great Team played some of the best fitba I’ve seen Lost to the EBT Cheatin cnuts Sacked
The list goes on
Thankfully Celtic are keeping NFL no amount of Total Humiliation will Stop this Board from Acting we stand by Neill even as we tumble doon the League.
He’s taking this Great Club to the Bottom and that’s our Rightful place
Peter Liarunwell.
We’re fucked Folks Dermots oan the Back nine.
Alex Dyer mutually departs shows Integrity.
Neil Lennon searching furra Biro needs it to sign his leaving Cheque.
You Decide I’ve had enuff

HH 😠

For Lennon to accept no blame and yet to name Ajeti and Griffiths as doing nothing and letting him down is diabolical. Man up and take some fecking responsibility you stubborn fecker. YOU are most to blame for this crap season, no-one else. Just go! Now! Pretty please!

Even Pele couldn't score from the stands.
No point blaming players who are sat on the bench week after week.
They need to play to be match fit

None of the team look as fit as They were under Rogers

Jock Stein was Sacked although Celtic called it Celtic Pools Job
Billy Mac replaced Mr Stein
Davie Hay punted.
Mr Tommy Burns great Team played some of the best fitba I’ve seen Lost to the EBT Cheatin cnuts Sacked
The list goes on
Thankfully Celtic are keeping NFL no amount of Total Humiliation will Stop this Board from Acting we stand by Neill even as we tumble doon the League.
He’s taking this Great Club to the Bottom and that’s our Rightful place
Peter Liarunwell.
We’re fucked Folks Dermots oan the Back nine.
Alex Dyer mutually departs shows Integrity.
Neil Lennon searching furra Biro needs it to sign his leaving Cheque.
You Decide I’ve had enuff

HH 😠
Hot aff the press “Massive fight in dressing room at half time seemingly Ryan Christie kicked a water bottle at NFL missed him but water bottle landed in duke street” 🙈🙈🙈 I’ll get ma coat

This is one of the best Celtic squads in a long time but none are wanting to play for the manager and his/PLs management team. At this rate we will be doing well to finish 2nd. I honestly cant remember the last time I've been so angry , disappointed and every negative I can think of about Celtic. EVERY club we face fancies their chances against us and rightly so, even the 2nil against Hamilton the scoreline flattered us.
I posted in another yhread and got absolutly slaughtered for saying that someone at work claimed one of the reasons KT left for Arsenal was that he didn't want to play for Lennnon.
Ping Pong now leaves with cryptic tweets remember when Moussa slated Rogers and everyone thought he was at it.

The core of that team where invincible now they're playing like amateurs

Something has gone badly wrong with that team and it all points to the management team

Hot aff the press “Massive fight in dressing room at half time seemingly Ryan Christie kicked a water bottle at NFL missed him but water bottle landed in duke street” 🙈🙈🙈 I’ll get ma coat
Wiz Griffiths sent oot ti get his water bottle back Ian take it that’s why he wiz subbed
It hud 8 dummy tits in it unlike the 11 TITS
Oan thi pitch.
hear aw night till um no.

HH 🧥 oan

Just watched the game
I'm not even upset anymore
Just resigned to the players seemingly not giving a shit, as they get their money anyway
Apart from St Mirren doing what they set out to do, they crowded Soro in the first half and in the second half parking the bus, at one point, I counted ten men of theirs in the box, while we struggled to break through, while we threw players on in a desperate attempt to get a point, never mind 3
Frustrating game to watch, and if anyone can tell me what Ajeti brings to the team, I'm a Nigerian Prince, with Millions to give away
5 Million for him, yer having a laugh
Losing Bitton to injury didn't help, but again we look like amateurs at the beck
Udual suspects, Duffy, please don't take him permanently, and Christie trying the 'worldie' which ends up in row Z
I'm watching cartoons with the wee yin, and enjoying that more than the gong show of 94 minutes, I'm not getting back

Members online

Latest posts

Back