Celtic v West Ham, Saturday 24th July, Celtic Park

Ang knows what he needs...give him time and don't worry about them
Yeah ange know what he needs and that the board to get the finger out and sign players
where are you getting your informtion from

where did celtic offer less than what they valued player
The right back at Royal Antwerp.https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-submit-bid-for-right-back-target-but-face-competition-from-turkey/

Supposedly the right back at Rennes
dont think any of them improve our side

and dont think any can play our system

It’s all getting a bit much for some it seems
I’d be worried if we had starfelt and Julian as centre half’s yesterday and got beat 6-2
We didn’t
We had to expose a lad in Murray who ange has converted to a centre half and has played 1 game in that position
Welsh ain’t a world beater but he’s decent and young.
Was better than most last year
but Neither will be in starting 11
The manager up to 1st leg stated he had 1 training session with some of the players
That’s the internationals who were late back
So tactics were being taught to the kids who won’t play all season
Now we have Sign this one and that one FFS
I’d rather we just took our time and got it right and the manager got the players he wants.
not those nominated by that scouting shambles of previous seasons
I want us to win the champions league and the treble but I’m a realist
Panic buying now would be a fecking disaster fir the club going forward, the last thing we need
Anything we get out of Europe is a bonus
Beat middenland and psv will likely tear us a new one. Europa league group will do me for a season.
The board are a shambles, we know that, just need to take few deep breaths and let the new guys get as much as they can out of the next 6 weeks.

100% mate

again i havent suggested we do anything other than get bbetter organised

i dont slate our players or our coaches or our board

i have patience with team and club plan

i advocate patience and value added
I know that TET, and fair more reasonable than I would be when things go pear shaped.
We are in transition admittedly, and already great signs of improvement has been made upon last season imo.
Still remain confident it will bring the success we all desire, even if it may be bit of a rolla coaster ride early doors.
The next month will give us a much better indication of where we really are.

Yeah ange know what he needs and that the board to get the finger out and sign players

The right back at Royal Antwerp.https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-submit-bid-for-right-back-target-but-face-competition-from-turkey/

Supposedly the right back at Rennes
msm mate

you really trust them

Heres the thing. Unless we start to click, unless we get a few more players in and offload the dead wood, we will be lucky to finish 2nd this season.
We've all seen it before, and the only way to halt it was for a complete new start, from the top down.

Heres the thing. Unless we start to click, unless we get a few more players in and offload the dead wood, we will be lucky to finish 2nd this season.
We've all seen it before, and the only way to halt it was for a complete new start, from the top down.
dont subscribe to that at all

our problems are european level mostly and our failing there dont make us less than contenders here

PNE took us apart too.
Pne are our league level these days

and they arent in defensive turmoil like us

we have good options at back but need better options

we have good options in midfield just need a better system

we have good strikers who can finish if you give them chances

we are in need of gel which im certain will come

scape goating individuals in a team in flux is not that fair

but a few much better players would be ideal

even if we didnt i think current squad more than capable of challenging for treble if employed in a system that supports our weak areas and exploitrs oppositions instead

Good insight there Brimc....not many schillings are being spent if any atall elsewhere as is to be expected given covid and the dire lack of investment in Scottish football. The board won't be planning for CL money through their own negligence but will have pencilled in 20 mil for Eddie leaving.. Ange will have to get 4 more players from that pot . ...the fuck up of Barkas Boli Ajeti and Griff won't be resolved until window 2 in January and they will probably be loaned out at that time...... Bids for Christie will be encouraged to allow for a further balancing of the books in this window. We might just get lucky and put a team together if we can get another keeper and physical mid on top of the four we already need. We would still be in the green on money out versus
in. But of course it has taken us this time to get 3 in so asking for another 6 Is in all probability not gonna happen but I live in hope.

if aberdeen took boli barkas ajeti and griffiths

i think they would be much stronger team

i think these guys past experience and ability means they should be good enough for us

reason they arent functioning is management failure imo

and scapegoating

everyu one of those players are valuable players if they are managed well

thats why they got signed coz they are valuable players.

Good insight there Brimc....not many schillings are being spent if any atall elsewhere as is to be expected given covid and the dire lack of investment in Scottish football. The board won't be planning for CL money through their own negligence but will have pencilled in 20 mil for Eddie leaving.. Ange will have to get 4 more players from that pot . ...the fuck up of Barkas Boli Ajeti and Griff won't be resolved until window 2 in January and they will probably be loaned out at that time...... Bids for Christie will be encouraged to allow for a further balancing of the books in this window. We might just get lucky and put a team together if we can get another keeper and physical mid on top of the four we already need. We would still be in the green on money out versus
in. But of course it has taken us this time to get 3 in so asking for another 6 Is in all probability not gonna happen but I live in hope.
Interestingon;y us Aberdeen and Hibs have spent any money. The Huns are also on 0 expenditure, which I find very strange. They've got Sakala for nothing on a 'free', even stranger, something's very fucking fishy.

It’s all getting a bit much for some it seems
I’d be worried if we had starfelt and Julian as centre half’s yesterday and got beat 6-2
We didn’t
We had to expose a lad in Murray who ange has converted to a centre half and has played 1 game in that position
Welsh ain’t a world beater but he’s decent and young.
Was better than most last year
but Neither will be in starting 11
The manager up to 1st leg stated he had 1 training session with some of the players
That’s the internationals who were late back
So tactics were being taught to the kids who won’t play all season
Now we have Sign this one and that one FFS
I’d rather we just took our time and got it right and the manager got the players he wants.
not those nominated by that scouting shambles of previous seasons
I want us to win the champions league and the treble but I’m a realist
Panic buying now would be a fecking disaster fir the club going forward, the last thing we need
Anything we get out of Europe is a bonus
Beat middenland and psv will likely tear us a new one. Europa league group will do me for a season.
The board are a shambles, we know that, just need to take few deep breaths and let the new guys get as much as they can out of the next 6 weeks.
Welcome back from your pre-season break :cool:

Well I fucking hope it's true or otherwise we haven't even been putting bids in for a right back
kinda twisted thinking really

1 i dont trust the snakes reporting on our transfer business
2 whether its true or not has no bearing on your conclusions
3 you seem to promote all types of anti celtic gash as factual
4 you do it with untrustworthy sources
5 you do then add in conjecture based on your interpretation of potential bollocks
6 you then scape goat everybody you like based on weird sources and faulty conclusions
7 And the common theme is hatred of celtic players staff but promoting of weird stuff that doersnt really have the details you seem to add in to support your weird theory

Almost like you want Celtic in turmoil

you want celtic to pay over the odds

kinda twisted thinking really

1 i dont trust the snakes reporting on our transfer business
2 whether its true or not has no bearing on your conclusions
3 you seem to promote all types of anti celtic gash as factual
4 you do it with untrustworthy sources
5 you do then add in conjecture based on your interpretation of potential bollocks
6 you then scape goat everybody you like based on weird sources and faulty conclusions
7 And the common theme is hatred of celtic players staff but promoting of weird stuff that doersnt really have the details you seem to add in to support your weird theory

Almost like you want Celtic in turmoil

you want celtic to pay over the odds
I trust the guys at the celtic star.
I don't want celtic to pay over the odds, just a fair decent price for a player. So many instances going back 10 odd years where the manager had identified a target and the board lowball and me miss out on the player because of it.
Then at the same time they will pay out millions for project players who are no where near the first team.
Oh what celtic players do I hate?

Last edited:
if aberdeen took boli barkas ajeti and griffiths

i think they would be much stronger team

i think these guys past experience and ability means they should be good enough for us

reason they arent functioning is management failure imo

and scapegoating

everyu one of those players are valuable players if they are managed well

thats why they got signed coz they are valuable players.
A different viewpoint on it tet and you may well be right that they would strengthen an Aberdeen ...certainly Griff even with his baggage...and I had early optimism that Ajeti would do well. Would love to be proven wrong as I always support anyone who pulls on a Celtic jersey but struggling to see how these boys are gonna turn it around given what we all seen from them last season and recently all be it pre season even if Ange gives them his full support.

Thanks m8
It’s the funny season
Euros over and I hate the few weeks between starting back up and the transfer window closing, signing nobody
Get frustrated as feck, irrational even like many in here 🤣
Thought better to keep myself to myself
But then they pulled me back in
Hope you and better half are well
I'm gonna include myself in being frustrated and irrational at the moment but I remain hopeful in Ange..all good M8.

Members online

Latest posts

Back