CFR Cluj v Celtic - Champions League Qualifier 3rd Round 1st Leg - Wed 7 August

CELTIC will travel to Romania full of confidence after that 7-0 thrashing of St Johnstone and presumably Cluj would have had someone at Celtic Park at the weekend watching us. His report should strike fear into their hearts and they'll now know that coming to Celtic Park next week is going to be a tough shift. Celtic on this form should be good enough to win both legs.

I'll go for a 2-1 win on Wednesday. What do you think?
Saturday certainly a moral booster,what you need, we know the way to goal ,and it is a variety of style we are playing ,that’s good ,hh

So our game isn’t on BT again, that shower of bastards who I pay to watch my team. Fucking sick of Celtictv and their god awful non stop jabbering. If anyone from CTV is looking in, have you ever heard the old adage, less is more?

If not, look it fucking up.

Still, BT, what a shower of cunts. I bet they disabled section destroyers are on. Or are they? Anybody know?

Our opponets are quite arrogant.I don't know if that's a tactic for morale boost or something else but it's somehow disrespectfull and annoying when bigger teams have shown their respect for Celtic.They chose humility among arrogance and we weren't much of underdogs when playing at home.Cluj made statements that Slavia prague are bigger team than Celtic. A big mistake telling something like that before even qualification to the next round.It's very insulting because even if Slavia was a better team theoretically then it doesn't mean that Celtic would not be big team either.Utter Nonsense. I expect both games against Cluj and Slavia to be really tough.Maybe it's my fantasy but I expect the following game on Wednesday to be more tough.There is no place for mistakes.Their best player will be absent but one player won't hold them back, they ve beaten Maccabi they wont break even if we score the first goal.They are not care about our records against scottish teams beacause they believe they are no worth yet if you aske me i' ll tell you that Cluj is not st Johnstone or Sevco,that's what I believe too.We don't have to be ensured, we have to be eager and focused.You observed how they scored away at Israel.I know I have no big reasons to fear but look how we lost to AEK Athens, it was exactly what I was thinking back these days.Against AEK I knew that they would come up with counter attacks,we couldn't score against them so easily as we did with Astana or other teams in the past because they are very tightly connected deffensively.They park the bus and they are not distracted deffensively.They won't move away from their duty playing at the back and you can only break them with set pieces,headers,duels man to man.I ll tell you why Im dissapointed.I'm dissapointed because we didn't learn from our mistakes in the past.We won't play against Johnstone.Johnstone has no defense.You can pass through them and score.Edouard passed through 6 players without to be halted due to his dribbling skills.We can't play like that against tight defenses because we won't create classic chances to score.Celtic when attacking, goes up front with only one player and the rest are waiting in his back and the wingers are around the parked bus of the opposition.I din't see a single time going forward together.I mean we have to step in their penalty area.That's why we couldn't score against AEK whilst we scored against big teams with wide open defenses.We lost back then and didn't reach Champions League Group stages because we also had wide open relaxed defenders without instict to mark players and step back before the opposition counter attack.These are the key parts Im worried about. While we are a much stronger team than Cluj and Slavia we can't be fooled because of the result we gained against Johnstone, plus that Cluj took also a good result in their League and they won't fall easily for us.
Their coach have analysed our team and knows how to form what quality is available to him against us.I hope Lennon won't play tippy tappy because as I see we won't have the chance and the space to score from long shots as we did against Johnstone.We have to find a tactic at first and move along with it.We must have a plan B.

So our game isn’t on BT again, that shower of bastards who I pay to watch my team. Fucking sick of Celtictv and their god awful non stop jabbering. If anyone from CTV is looking in, have you ever heard the old adage, less is more?

If not, look it fucking up.

Still, BT, what a shower of cunts. I bet they disabled section destroyers are on. Or are they? Anybody know?
Filth game is only on RTV m8 & costs them a tenna (Nae grub fur their 17 wanes agane???) Celik game is on Premier Sports at 7pm! Fuk Aw on an Amazon stick on LiveTv.Net or Redbox or even good auld Mobdro?????

Our opponets are quite arrogant.I don't know if that's a tactic for morale boost or something else but it's somehow disrespectfull and annoying when bigger teams have shown their respect for Celtic.They chose humility among arrogance and we weren't much of underdogs when playing at home.Cluj made statements that Slavia prague are bigger team than Celtic. A big mistake telling something like that before even qualification to the next round.It's very insulting because even if Slavia was a better team theoretically then it doesn't mean that Celtic would not be big team either.Utter Nonsense. I expect both games against Cluj and Slavia to be really tough.Maybe it's my fantasy but I expect the following game on Wednesday to be more tough.There is no place for mistakes.Their best player will be absent but one player won't hold them back, they ve beaten Maccabi they wont break even if we score the first goal.They are not care about our records against scottish teams beacause they believe they are no worth yet if you aske me i' ll tell you that Cluj is not st Johnstone or Sevco,that's what I believe too.We don't have to be ensured, we have to be eager and focused.You observed how they scored away at Israel.I know I have no big reasons to fear but look how we lost to AEK Athens, it was exactly what I was thinking back these days.Against AEK I knew that they would come up with counter attacks,we couldn't score against them so easily as we did with Astana or other teams in the past because they are very tightly connected deffensively.They park the bus and they are not distracted deffensively.They won't move away from their duty playing at the back and you can only break them with set pieces,headers,duels man to man.I ll tell you why Im dissapointed.I'm dissapointed because we didn't learn from our mistakes in the past.We won't play against Johnstone.Johnstone has no defense.You can pass through them and score.Edouard passed through 6 players without to be halted due to his dribbling skills.We can't play like that against tight defenses because we won't create classic chances to score.Celtic when attacking, goes up front with only one player and the rest are waiting in his back and the wingers are around the parked bus of the opposition.I din't see a single time going forward together.I mean we have to step in their penalty area.That's why we couldn't score against AEK whilst we scored against big teams with wide open defenses.We lost back then and didn't reach Champions League Group stages because we also had wide open relaxed defenders without instict to mark players and step back before the opposition counter attack.These are the key parts Im worried about. While we are a much stronger team than Cluj and Slavia we can't be fooled because of the result we gained against Johnstone, plus that Cluj took also a good result in their League and they won't fall easily for us.
Their coach have analysed our team and knows how to form what quality is available to him against us.I hope Lennon won't play tippy tappy because as I see we won't have the chance and the space to score from long shots as we did against Johnstone.We have to find a tactic at first and move along with it.We must have a plan B.
AYE!(y)

CELTIC will travel to Romania full of confidence after that 7-0 thrashing of St Johnstone and presumably Cluj would have had someone at Celtic Park at the weekend watching us. His report should strike fear into their hearts and they'll now know that coming to Celtic Park next week is going to be a tough shift. Celtic on this form should be good enough to win both legs.

If we can keep a clean sheet over there and maybe grab a couple of goals I'd be haooy

We're scoring for fun just now and haven't lost any goals in our last 3 competitive matches

The 2 goals we did lose v Sarajevo I'd put down to lack of concentration which hopefully with more game time will have been resolved

With Griff back for dead ball duty I think we're in a pretty good place

Also goals coming from all over the team is a confidence booster but as long as we keep clean sheets we really only need to score 1 goal per game

HH?

Last edited:

Might teach the cheeky fkrs some professional humility before my Scott slaps it intae them ???

It’s fascinating to read the predictions that are posted. So much bravado but I wonder how much is bluster. I know what result I would like but all will be revealed in 48 hours. If we are serious about making this season memorable we have to aim to win every match. Unless we think like that we are unlikely to do that. We should never be afraid. We are the finest team in Scotland

I predicted we would beat St Johnstone 4-0 yet we triumphed 7-0 . That the beauty of football. On any given day we can win lose or draw against any team. We have been smashed before by Barcelona and PSG but we have also beaten most of the top teams in Europe. I want the Celtic team to go into the away leg with the intention of scoring enough away goals to make the tie secure.

I predicted we would beat St Johnstone 4-0 yet we triumphed 7-0 . That the beauty of football. On any given day we can win lose or draw against any team. We have been smashed before by Barcelona and PSG but we have also beaten most of the top teams in Europe. I want the Celtic team to go into the away leg with the intention of scoring enough away goals to make the tie secure.
Any win or a score draw & we're thru!!???

We are the seeded team in the next two rounds and should play with the knowledge that we have been seeded because of our past sucess but will increase our coefficient with every victory. We should assume that if we play as well as we can then we will triumph over Cluj and Prague and be placed in Pot 3. It has been a long time since we were in Pot 3. Getting to Pot 3 is all very well but I know a way to be in Pot 1 next season. All we have to do is win the CL or the Europa Cup.

We are the seeded team in the next two rounds and should play with the knowledge that we have been seeded because of our past sucess but will increase our coefficient with every victory. We should assume that if we play as well as we can then we will triumph over Cluj and Prague and be placed in Pot 3. It has been a long time since we were in Pot 3. Getting to Pot 3 is all very well but I know a way to be in Pot 1 next season. All we have to do is win the CL or the Europa Cup.
Easy peasy for the mighty tic ☘

nae problem!

Members online

Latest posts

Back