CFR Cluj v Celtic - Champions League Qualifier 3rd Round 1st Leg - Wed 7 August

We are the seeded team in the next two rounds and should play with the knowledge that we have been seeded because of our past sucess but will increase our coefficient with every victory. We should assume that if we play as well as we can then we will triumph over Cluj and Prague and be placed in Pot 3. It has been a long the time since we were in Pot 3. Getting to Pot 3 is all very well but I know a way to be in Pot 1 next season. All we have to do is win the CL or the Europa Cup.
Al settle fur the last 16 m8 & see who we get! If we play the way we did on Sat ending the yr by HUMPIN the Filth then we will be MINIMUM 15 pts clear!! ???☘☘☘☘

CELTIC will travel to Romania full of confidence after that 7-0 thrashing of St Johnstone and presumably Cluj would have had someone at Celtic Park at the weekend watching us. His report should strike fear into their hearts and they'll now know that coming to Celtic Park next week is going to be a tough shift. Celtic on this form should be good enough to win both legs.

I'll go for a 2-1 win on Wednesday. What do you think?
2-0 COYBIG.

oor away record in europe is phuqin pish,but wi Lenny, we've won our last 2 away games,so ah'm gaun furra watchin the game fae behind the couch 1-1, anythin better is a bonus! whit's the rumanian fur " who's the mason in the black!

I still believe we will win every match in August and September and will put my money where my mouth is and bet accordingly. I have won money on every Celtic bet in the 5 possible bets so far this season.

oor away record in europe is phuqin pish,but wi Lenny, we've won our last 2 away games,so ah'm gaun furra watchin the game fae behind the couch 1-1, anythin better is a bonus! whit's the rumanian fur " who's the mason in the black!

I know its been pish but this is the first time in years that i’ve felt we’re stronger. Playing as a unit.

The snake had tippy tappy shite against out n out quality. In europe they didn’t need to see us coming coz their good we were that slow.

In Scotland it allowed everyone else time to defend whilst waiting on us coming.

He just wouldn’t change it.

Yet look at St J. Tried to park the bus and we fkn terrorised them n carved them up quick smart. They never knew what hit them.

Yeah am going 3-1. ?

I refer you to post#34 Doc,some consistency please!
All very consistent. What I was saying was that it's easy to make claims of future success. For instance I have to wait until next May to receive my $1.33 return for 9IAR . That's a 33% return on my investment
I also have put a $20 (10pound) bet on Celtic to win the Champions league that if it comes true would net me $3020. In my brain I know that the bookmaker has recouped all the winnings for 9IAR but my heart tells me that not just Glasgow but Europe will be Green and White next May when I am in Istanbul cheering on the hoops 53 years after my father did in Lisbon.

All very consistent. What I was saying was that it's easy to make claims of future success. For instance I have to wait until next May to receive my $1.33 return for 9IAR . That's a 33% return on my investment
I also have put a $20 (10pound) bet on Celtic to win the Champions league that if it comes true would net me $3020. In my brain I know that the bookmaker has recouped all the winnings for 9IAR but my heart tells me that not just Glasgow but Europe will be Green and White next May when I am in Istanbul cheering on the hoops 53 years after my father did in Lisbon.
ah'll have some of what your smokin doc, the champions league is a rigged game,and before ye mention it, Ajax was an outlier! HH

So our game isn’t on BT again, that shower of bastards who I pay to watch my team. Fucking sick of Celtictv and their god awful non stop jabbering. If anyone from CTV is looking in, have you ever heard the old adage, less is more?

If not, look it fucking up.

Still, BT, what a shower of cunts. I bet they disabled section destroyers are on. Or are they? Anybody know?
If the same rights apply as last year it won't be until the play off round (slavia) that bt screen.

CELTIC will travel to Romania full of confidence after that 7-0 thrashing of St Johnstone and presumably Cluj would have had someone at Celtic Park at the weekend watching us. His report should strike fear into their hearts and they'll now know that coming to Celtic Park next week is going to be a tough shift. Celtic on this form should be good enough to win both legs.

I'll go for a 2-1 win on Wednesday. What do you think?
Can see them sitting in trying to hit us on the counter happy to let us have the ball 2-1 sounds about right.

I don't really know much about them but apparently they are a very decent side. If we play without inhibitions and full of gallus confidence then no reason why we shouldn't win this game, but based on our experiences over previous seasons I suspect it will be a wee bit of a cagey affair and a struggle (hope I'm wrong).

So I'm thinking a 1-1 draw which means we have to play to our full potential at home where we will ease through with a couple of goals to spare.
That result would see us through I'm sure we'll win at home. Have a feeling were about to witness the return of fortress CP

Even qualifying for the groups means we have progress, but I feel we will need a good draw to get through to the last 16, we've had a few brutal ones over the years but if we do get a 2nd seed that we can get points off, then we would have a decent shout.
This all depends of course on the next few weeks, Slavia Prague are a good side and will give us a game, I feel we should have enough to see off Cluj without too much bother.

Members online

Latest posts

Back