CFR Cluj v Celtic - Champions League Qualifier 3rd Round 1st Leg - Wed 7 August

Don't know how good or bad they are,but after Saturday confident that the team will go for it 2/3 nil to us,only problem I can see is that if we do clear with a 2goal lead the hacker and bone crushing tackles will come into play just as it did in last two games, sure we will win and hope we still have 11players at the end again we need a strong ref

The butterflies are starting to stretch their wings as I wait for this game and what awaits after it with Prague. The biggest motivator for this feeling is the not knowing what team of ours will turn up in Europe.

Will we play the way we know we can or will we freeze as we have done many times, particularly away. I’m swinging from near complete optimism to worried we will cause our own downfall through unforced errors that have blighted our progression too many times.

I want Hatem to be fit, so we aren’t going in with a makeshift defence again, that all but done us last year. To me, especially away, is our key area of concern and one that we haven’t solved for years. So when he went off injured my oh fuck alarm started to ring.

If our front to mid perform, we have a chance to beat anyone left barring our qualification, but it’s the defence that always haunts me. Always.

The defence need to step up and give confidence to those in front of them that if they try something and lose the ball then they will be there. Too many times in the past you could see the confidence drain as mistakes at the back made our players less likely to try things, for the fear of putting the defence under pressure they couldn’t deal with.

The defence wasn’t tested on Saturday, they almost certainly will be in these two vital games and they need to be on it. If we could get a defence as good as our mid to front, I would be butterfly free in these games. The truth now is one injury and we are facing Ajer playing out of position or Ralston, who is not at the level any team hoping to qualify for the CL needs.

The need to have Hatem fit with no adequate cover if he fails the fitness test, is again an indication we take too long to sign the players Lenny himself stated on numerous occasions he needs.

Seat of the pants Celts once again. With the money and prestige awaiting I see no excuse for this dithering. Although I know Cluj are viewed as a good team, but if we are to move up a level then they shouldn’t be able to stop us.

I think we will knock them out, but the ghost of CL past looms large in my mind with Hatem potentially being out. These games to me are amongst the most exciting and most nerve shredding for me, knowing how getting them right can see us dissapear over the horizon.

Have we done enough to ensure we make it? That’s the question that will be answered on Wednesday. If we do them, then another step up against the Czechs really needs us to have the targets in for that. As we all know, that’s never been our strongest point. If we had them all and failed then that’s a case of it wasn’t meant to be, they weren’t good enough etc, but if we don’t and go with hope, that’s an abdication of responsibility.

I have butterflies, but Lawell must have a couple of Albatross battering around in his gut, because if we fail again due to not get players bedded in to help us, its down to him. No pressure Peter. Your old fallback of hope to the fore, yet again, which won’t wash with most of the support. Especially if it’s a makeshift defence that undermines us.

Come on Hatem, please make it son. Both Peter and I need it.

The butterflies are starting to stretch their wings as I wait for this game and what awaits after it with Prague. The biggest motivator for this feeling is the not knowing what team of ours will turn up in Europe.

Will we play the way we know we can or will we freeze as we have done many times, particularly away. I’m swinging from near complete optimism to worried we will cause our own downfall through unforced errors that have blighted our progression too many times.

I want Hatem to be fit, so we aren’t going in with a makeshift defence again, that all but done us last year. To me, especially away, is our key area of concern and one that we haven’t solved for years. So when he went off injured my oh fuck alarm started to ring.

If our front to mid perform, we have a chance to beat anyone left barring our qualification, but it’s the defence that always haunts me. Always.

The defence need to step up and give confidence to those in front of them that if they try something and lose the ball then they will be there. Too many times in the past you could see the confidence drain as mistakes at the back made our players less likely to try things, for the fear of putting the defence under pressure they couldn’t deal with.

The defence wasn’t tested on Saturday, they almost certainly will be in these two vital games and they need to be on it. If we could get a defence as good as our mid to front, I would be butterfly free in these games. The truth now is one injury and we are facing Ajer playing out of position or Ralston, who is not at the level any team hoping to qualify for the CL needs.

The need to have Hatem fit with no adequate cover if he fails the fitness test, is again an indication we take too long to sign the players Lenny himself stated on numerous occasions he needs.

Seat of the pants Celts once again. With the money and prestige awaiting I see no excuse for this dithering. Although I know Cluj are viewed as a good team, but if we are to move up a level then they shouldn’t be able to stop us.

I think we will knock them out, but the ghost of CL past looms large in my mind with Hatem potentially being out. These games to me are amongst the most exciting and most nerve shredding for me, knowing how getting them right can see us dissapear over the horizon.

Have we done enough to ensure we make it? That’s the question that will be answered on Wednesday. If we do them, then another step up against the Czechs really needs us to have the targets in for that. As we all know, that’s never been our strongest point. If we had them all and failed then that’s a case of it wasn’t meant to be, they weren’t good enough etc, but if we don’t and go with hope, that’s an abdication of responsibility.

I have butterflies, but Lawell must have a couple of Albatross battering around in his gut, because if we fail again due to not get players bedded in to help us, its down to him. No pressure Peter. Your old fallback of hope to the fore, yet again, which won’t wash with most of the support. Especially if it’s a makeshift defence that undermines us.

Come on Hatem, please make it son. Both Peter and I need it.
Apparently only a deed leg whatever the fuk that is!!??..Slightly concerning that our 2 full-back have both been injured awready??..Having said that wd be fine wae Ajer at RB & hopefully maist ae the game played in their half!! A score draw or away win & we're thru!! Kp the Faith m8..HH??☘☘☘

Apparently only a deed leg whatever the fuk that is!!??..Slightly concerning that our 2 full-back have both been injured awready??..Having said that wd be fine wae Ajer at RB & hopefully maist ae the game played in their half!! A score draw or away win & we're thru!! Kp the Faith m8..HH??☘☘☘

I know. I just wish we had the players we need in now. 3rd round of the CL is too late to be fucking about. It’s that never ending fucking about that drives me mental.

It’s as if it’s never scuppered us before. I find that incredible. Truly incredible.

We are brilliant mid to front. It’s time we did the same at the back. Big Julien and Hatem look good and if he wasn’t a doubt I would be less concerned, but he is and with the other RB not here it potentially is damaging and that’s just not fucking good enough.

I know. I just wish we had the players we need in now. 3rd round of the CL is too late to be fucking about. It’s that never ending fucking about that drives me mental.

It’s as if it’s never scuppered us before. I find that incredible. Truly incredible.

We are brilliant mid to front. It’s time we did the same at the back. Big Julien and Hatem look good and if he wasn’t a doubt I would be less concerned, but he is and with the other RB not here it potentially is damaging and that’s just not fucking good enough.
Tae be fair m8 av NAE DOUBT Lenny is trying his utmost & let's face it we DIDNY need these players fur the 1st 2 rnds that we shd never have been involved in! Still almost 4 wks tae go & had it been BR I'd be worried but we've awready spent £12M & binned the sideyways PISH!!??☘☘☘

Tae be fair m8 av NAE DOUBT Lenny is trying his utmost & let's face it we DIDNY need these players fur the 1st 2 rnds that we shd never have been involved in! Still almost 4 wks tae go & had it been BR I'd be worried but we've awready spent £12M & binned the sideyways PISH!!??☘☘☘

I’m delighted how we are playing. The defence is better, it’s just that one injury and we are at makeshift again.

If Rogers was still here we would have bought truly shite defenders yet again. We didn’t need them for the first two rounds, but we defenitely do for the last two. Will they be here for the playoff and even if they are, will they be up to speed to help?

I hope they are. There’s that hope again. :)

I’m delighted how we are playing. The defence is better, it’s just that one injury and we are at makeshift again.

If Rogers was still here we would have bought truly shite defenders yet again. We didn’t need them for the first two rounds, but we defenitely do for the last two. Will they be here for the playoff and even if they are, will they be up to speed to help?

I hope they are. There’s that hope again. :)
In Lenny we trust & we have enuf tae get by Cluj & Prague of that I'm CERTAIN!! Last yr we were a SHAMBLES against Athens having awready been beaten by the Mini Huns! We ooze class noo & as I say I have COMPLETE Confidence in this squad! HH??☘☘

In Lenny we trust & we have enuf tae get by Cluj & Prague of that I'm CERTAIN!! Last yr we were a SHAMBLES against Athens having awready been beaten by the Mini Huns! We ooze class noo & as I say I have COMPLETE Confidence in this squad! HH??☘☘

Mid to front I do too. It’s always our defence, always. I was watching Hatem and delighted with him. But if he doesn’t make it we have to play players out of position. Now big Ajer will step and give us everything he has, but my point is he shouldn’t have to.

I absolutely think we will score over there. Hopefully more than one. :)

Mid to front I do too. It’s always our defence, always. I was watching Hatem and delighted with him. But if he doesn’t make it we have to play players out of position. Now big Ajer will step and give us everything he has, but my point is he shouldn’t have to.

I absolutely think we will score over there. Hopefully more than one. :)
As a say m8 ad be happy wae 1-1 but wd rather 2-1 or tae Nil! 0-0 a score that terrifies these days wae the away goal KILLIN YI! This mob scraped by Astana, trust me they're NAE GREAT SHAKES!! HH☘☘☘

Always thought if summit was deid Sean it was a bad thing. ???? must say we play the way we have been we’ll score more than the opposition. And with Super Odin in the Team even more confident we’ll send this team to the Cludgie mon the Hoops

HH ?

Last edited:
Always thought if summit was deid Sean it was a bad thing. ???? must day we play the way we have been we’ll score more than the opposition. And with Super Odin in the Team even more confident we’ll send this team to the Cludgie mon the Hoops

HH ?
Ano m8, when a played a deed leg wiz cramp???..Trainer ran oan, threw water oor u fae the Magic sponge & sprayed sum Ralgex oan????..Aw pussies noo-adays, get Fukin on wae it!!?????

Ano m8, when a played a deed leg wiz cramp???..Trainer ran oan, threw water oor u fae the Magic sponge & sprayed sum Ralgex oan????..Aw pussies noo-adays, get Fukin on wae it!!?????
Ano mate broke ma neck 1987 playing Rugby
Trainer said run it off big man. Was running about with a broken neck.
Sitting in the bar after couldn’t hold a pint in ma right it left hand. Thought mm the rests history 8 months later back to work never played again. That was my lottery win.
Deid leg pussies

HH ?

Even qualifying for the groups means we have progress, but I feel we will need a good draw to get through to the last 16, we've had a few brutal ones over the years but if we do get a 2nd seed that we can get points off, then we would have a decent shout.
This all depends of course on the next few weeks, Slavia Prague are a good side and will give us a game, I feel we should have enough to see off Cluj without too much bother.

Last 16 at least.Last 16 is not the goal.The trophy is the goal

I see your crack cocaine has arrived. :)

Qualifying is a major victory. Getting out of the group will be brilliant. Reaching the last 16 would be unbelievable achievement. We will never win it. Ever. You can’t compete with the billionaires just the same as Sevco will never be able to compete with our multi millions if we get there.

Mm we’d need the EPL funny money 3 sheikhs worth billions oh and a place in the EPL just to get the players to come to Paradise. Ajax were the exception not the rule last season and the big clubs are asset stripping as we speak. So no winning although a great idea we’ve no chance Qualifying and the last 16 is the reality we’re in now. But this competition is now rigged in the top 4/5 leagues favour and Eufa will rig it even more fact they’re already trying to change it.
Hope I am wrong but money talks and shit walks.

HH ?

Back