Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

TBF the Athletic you would not wipe your arse with. It seems everyman knows someone who knows someone who has a story and a platform to air it on. Has anyone noticed its gone quiet on Aribo and Moreloss, yet stories are just flying out of Celtic park when the building is empty and the training ground is not available unless it' s a presser.

"Every man has a right to his own opinion; but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."
I'm not having it that ange is being undermined why would he stay and put up with it cause if its true its no gonny change Is it?? If he was to stay and put up with those conditions he loses all credibility with them and us if true he cud resign the now tell us all wit was happening and save face for himself soa no having that Desmond buying the players against his will

I'm happy enough Hart is joining us - it could be a perfect match as he has one last chance to finish his career with some success. But no doubt yet again we will be throwing a new signing into his debut in a high pressure match when he hasn't really met or trained with his colleagues. Why do we always unnecessarily handicap ourselves by leaving our desperstely needed signings too late?

Last edited:
I'm happy enough Hart is joining us - it could be a perfect match as he has one last chance to finish his career with some success. But no doubt yet again we will be throwing a new signing into his debut in a high pressure match when he hasn't really met or trained with his colleagues. Why do we always unnecessarily handicap ourselves by leaving our desperstely needed signings too late?
Home to Dundee on Saturday would be a good start?

The who club needs recuits if we don't want the same thing happening again at the next window.
We need a DoF, a new scouting network and new coaches wouldn't go a miss

Clearly by benching Barkas and giving the gig to Bain Ange knows we need a goalie and I'm pretty sure he'll be happy that someone as capable as Hart is coming.

I'd rather it was the Wa but he doesn't want us unless he gets a squillion quid a week.
Their can be no doubt Shammy about the Wall's credentials in a Celtic jersey..he obviously didn't want to give up his inflated wages to play first team football and who could blame him. However given the way Ange wants to play out from the back with the goalkeeper heavily involved I don't think big Forster would have fitted in to Ange's requirements as he wasn't the best with his feet all be it he is an outstanding shot stopper. I think Hart will be vocal and can also be a great shot stopper ....in terms of his passing he will be decent. For the short term he will do for me.

Being reported that the buta deal is off due to wages,fee agreed with the club but can't agree terms.

We have to remember (and I'm not giving the board any credit at all here) that the transfer window still has a bit of time before it shuts (slams!) and players will probably hold out as long as they can for better wages etc. I don't think any of us would be different if we were in demand. Most of us would cut off our right arms to play for Celtic, however, 99% of footballers move for money.

Is Hart any better than what we have time will tell in his Prime he was Prime to errors not many have seen him play over the last couple of seasons as he has been a 2nd choice he went to Italy on loan and I don't think he had a great time there.His career has stalled let's hope he still has it in him to be too class

Just read a bit in the Celtic blog about our squad and the comings and goings since the the beginning of last season it does show you one thing how poor it is becoming. Have a read see what you think.

Just read a bit in the Celtic blog about our squad and the comings and goings since the the beginning of last season it does show you one thing how poor it is becoming. Have a read see what you think.
Out of everyone brought in Starfelt,
Abada and Furuhashi look to be getting slotted into the 1st team, Big O and Shaw as projects.
3 first team players and the season has begun.
Nearly 8 weeks since Ange was announced and only till the end of the month now to get in a raft of players.

Eddie,Christie and probably a keeper still on the exit list. Likley late window departures.
If we react and buy after shipping them out then clubs will be less likley to sell as time will be limited for bringing replacements.

I think Ange has his hands tied.
He said from the begining he would ONLY play players who were onboard.

Eddie and Christie arent. Which tells me he doesn't rate Ajeti and Christie is better than what we have in the squad in his eyes. Or he wouldn’t of kicked a ball.

Eddie and Ajeti out and id still say 3 strikers needed if Furuhashi is going to be an LAM.

1 GK
2 CF
1 LB
2 RBs
1 CB
1 box to box CM
1 DM
1 LW

Thats just to cover the bare bones.
For quality cover everwhere its more.

If we only manage say another 3 or 4 starters...throw in a few injuries, form drops, isolations or suspensions then are in trouble

Last edited:
Back