Dundee Utd v Celtic - SPFL Saturday 22 August, kick-off 5.30pm - all comments here

Agree, but Dallas allowed Dundee a free for all.

Spot on!

That assault on Eddy when Connelly raked his Achilles was violent conduct and should have been a straight red.....we have to start calling this out and highlight the deplorable tackles that are being allowed to go unpunished on our players.....that sleekit hun rat Dallas seen it.....we have to call this out as our players are getting no protection from the MIB and the thugs that masquerade as footballers...

Though we looked like we did v killy for a lot of the game, unable to break down the defense, should have went 4-4-2 sooner, MOI is wasted out wide and doesn't get into the game enough from that position, far better in the middle of the park, we could have done this with leaving out brown but NL would never do that no matter his form, Ajeti made the difference with his determination to keep the ball in play and score a scrappy goal, we need more scrappy goals and a striker who feeds on them, he could be the guy as there,s a bag full for someone like that. glad of the 3 points and dundee utd will make it hard for anyone to get a result up there, on to the next game where a scrappy goal like yesterday would delight me if was to get us through. Hail Hail.

Right, that's me just off the heart monitoring machine thingy after that game!

Holy shoite man, I doubt I can take a season of this! :eek: After the Killie thing I'd hoped we'd come back with a flourish to the Scottish game and make Utd's net bulge on a fair few occasions.

Barkas had virtually nothing to do but when he did eventually have a save to make he looked like he had super glue on his gloves. A lot of keepers might've parried that but all credit to his concentration which is one of the biggest assets a Celtic stopper has to have.

The back line again gave me pause at times with big Jullien still not utterly convincing. Think the need for someone like Duffy is growing performance by performance. Taylor ran himself into the ground but there's still some quality lacking there although his commitment is not in question.

CalMac wasn't at his best but still acceptable. Broony though looks a bit off the pace in most games I've watched and Soro needs some games in case he's needed from time to time. Hard to completely write the captain off, although he's not getting any younger and we don't need a passenger this season no matter who they are. Christie was wasteful with possession a few times and I'm sure he sees back page headlines whenever he's within 25yrds of goal. Could've chosen a better option than shooting a few times, although their keeper pulled off a worldie for one of them.

Eddy didn't have a massive amount to go on but Ajeti took up the slack in this game and bailed us out.

Hopefully once NL thinks he's fit enough we'll see him and Eddy rip it up as a front two.

All that moaning aside we've posted a full 3pts and a clean sheet so I can enjoy my Sunday bacon rolls and coffee without flavouring them with salty tears!

HH guys, enjoy the rest of the weekend and lets get ready for Wednesday night.

🇳🇬🇮🇪🇳🇬🇮🇪🇳🇬🇮🇪🇳🇬

Andrew Dallas - just like his Dad! Look at the markings and on the pitch & cut of the grass - the free kick is closer to the goal than the edge of the "D" and their wall is a couple of yards further from goal than the penalty spot. The wall can only be 6 or 7 yards away nearly impossible to get the free kick over the wall and then dip down again to be on target - Eddy almost made it as it skiffed the top of the bar.

20200823_093635.jpg

Dallas had to resort to booking Broony for laughing at a thug because he couldn't 'get him' for any fouls! There is even a Utd player between Dallas and Broony so he wouldn't have had a clear view of a nothing incident that was over in a fraction of a second. Yet Connelly was allowed to kick the crap out of our players all game and received no booking from the biased MIB!

20200823_093735.jpg

Dallas had to resort to booking Broony for laughing at a thug because he couldn't 'get him' for any fouls! There is even a Utd player between Dallas and Broony so he wouldn't have had a clear view of a nothing incident that was over in a fraction of a second. Yet Connelly was allowed to kick the crap out of our players all game and received no booking from the biased MIB!

View attachment 10796

As a certain Jock Stein once said...."If you're good enough, the referee doesn't matter."

The amount of "honest mistakes" in yesterday's game was ridiculous. Connolly had four fouls on Eddy alone in the 1st half and 3 of them could've been bookings!

Whistling for invisible fouls as we sent in corners happened a few times and free kicks to them when no offence took place happened a few times too. All these things disrupt play for us while provoking not much scrutiny on the ref which is all that's needed sometimes to cost us a couple of points here and there.

Not all refs are as bent as Dallas though thank feck!

Appreciate the referee and the thuggery that went unpunished but it was interesting to see a team play Celts and use a full press. Our back 4 struggled at times to play out.
Also feel we need calmac further forward to give the short sharp passes or a Rogic instead of Ryan. Calmac seems to have to cover Broony at the moment who looks like he is slightly off the pace.
Must play two up front 3 men on Eddy was impossible and he still made chances.
Dundee U will give teams a game going forward
HH

Andrew Dallas - just like his Dad! Look at the markings and on the pitch & cut of the grass - the free kick is closer to the goal than the edge of the "D" and their wall is a couple of yards further from goal than the penalty spot. The wall can only be 6 or 7 yards away nearly impossible to get the free kick over the wall and then dip down again to be on target - Eddy almost made it as it skiffed the top of the bar.

View attachment 10795

Good comments!

This deserves a wider audience.....the cheating HUN MIB will be up to every dirty trick in the book in the coming games.....they need to be called out...

Appreciate the referee and the thuggery that went unpunished but it was interesting to see a team play Celts and use a full press. Our back 4 struggled at times to play out.
Also feel we need calmac further forward to give the short sharp passes or a Rogic instead of Ryan. Calmac seems to have to cover Broony at the moment who looks like he is slightly off the pace.
Must play two up front 3 men on Eddy was impossible and he still made chances.
Dundee U will give teams a game going forward
HH
I think Calmc played further back [and was ineffective] because Ntcham was in his position, not to cover Broonie. 3 similar players there [and one upfront] does not work.

David Potter – Three aspects of Celtic’s play frustrated me beyond measure...

I think.Christie got too much criticism yesterday. Potter says he needs to shoot better. Well he had two great shots and we got our goal.from the second. Christie knows how to shoot. He scored the most goals from outside the box in the league. His other two points are also pish. Sometimes you just have one of these days. We could and should have scored 6. This will come when we get a 352 going and our players get fully match fit and firing.

On this day 1958 a legend began

Image result for billy mcneill debut
"MCNEILL EMERGED WITH CREDIT": Celtic 2-0 Clyde, August 23rd 1958. When Billy McNeill made his Celtic debut as an 18-year-old, few could have predicted the heights he would scale. In a 2-0 win over Clyde, it was 34-year-old Charlie Tully who stole the show

I think.Christie got too much criticism yesterday. Potter says he needs to shoot better. Well he had two great shots and we got our goal.from the second. Christie knows how to shoot. He scored the most goals from outside the box in the league. His other two points are also pish. Sometimes you just have one of these days. We could and should have scored 6. This will come when we get a 352 going and our players get fully match fit and firing.

Christie will start firing soon as will the rest of them..it's gonna take time to adapt to a fanless environment and when they do, teams are gonna get skelped all over the shop

Last edited:
one thing yesterday showed is that we need a lot more physicality in our team . we are crying out for a player like shane duffy as we are too easily intimidated by the hammer throwers in the scottish game we can wax lyrical about nice passing football all day long but if we are continually attacked by these thugs we need to be able to dish it back to them

Back