Election

I would sound a note of caution to those who think this election is basically all about Brexit, that may be true for England, Wales and NI but in Scotland it's still all about killing Independence for the Unionist parties, whatever the cost! Why else would we be seeing things like this......

Also be careful if your leaning towards the Lib Dem tactical vote, there's a reason all the Tory defectors are joining the Lib Dems, they were after all the party who propped up a Tory government and made the Tory's austerity policies possible. Not to mention the fact they are massive hypocrites who want to give voters a 2nd referendum on the EU because 'circumstances have changed and people have changed their minds' while simultaneously denying the Scots their chance to 'change their minds' on Independence due to 'changed circumstances'!

As for Labour well apart from the fact that they're a fucking shambles internally, have no coherent message on Brexit and are not only at odds with one another at a UK level but also north and south of the border I still find it impossible to vote for a party who conspired with the Tories in the IndyRef, sit in coalition with the Tories in councils up and down Scotland, who along with the Tories have Orange Order members as councillors and who abstained during votes on Tory welfare cuts in WM. Getting harder to tell which is which these days.

Say what you like about the SNP and Sturgeon but at least they try to fight against and actively mitigate against the devastating and brutal impact of Tory policy on the people of Scotland, at least they strive for positive change in Scotland instead of aiding and abetting the Tories and voting down any chance we have of devolving powers to the Scottish parliament which could improve the lives of the people of Scotland.

Would never dream of telling people how to vote what I would say though is don't just vote for a party out of habit, tradition or tribalism......look at the detail, look at their track record and compare their actions to their rhetoric but whatever you do vote for them on policy and not out of blind loyalty.
Last paragraph sums it up exactly, many older voters,pensioners,will vote labour ,cause that’s how it has always been ,am 73 voted snp as far as I can remember! They’d voted labour all their lives ,hard to change that for the elderly,hh

Well said Ray
A friend's elderly aunt, during Indy Ref, had Labour show up at their door and tell them they's lose their bus pass and their pension would be cut, if they voted for the SNP
My family voted Labour, all their lives but would never vote for them again, after allhe BS hey pulled in an effort to keep us tied, to the butchers apron
HH

Well said Ray
A friend's elderly aunt, during Indy Ref, had Labour show up at their door and tell them they's lose their bus pass and their pension would be cut, if they voted for the SNP
My family voted Labour, all their lives but would never vote for them again, after allhe BS hey pulled in an effort to keep us tied, to the butchers apron
HH

Spot on DILLIGAF!

And who could forget good ol' 'football personality' and all round 'nice guy' Archie McPherson teaming up with Labour & Better Together to knock on pensioners doors to scare the absolute shit out of them by telling them in a soft kindly voice 'better vote NO cos if ye don't you'll lose yer pension and we wouldnae want that would we'!

I mean of all the fucking scummy lowlife things to do! Using barefaced lies to manipulate and scare old folk into voting NO.

Truth was their pensions were NEVER at risk as their contributions were paid into the UK pension pot which the UK Government were legally bound to honour, Independence would've had zero effect on their ability to claim their pensions.

Gutter politics!

Last paragraph sums it up exactly, many older voters,pensioners,will vote labour ,cause that’s how it has always been ,am 73 voted snp as far as I can remember! They’d voted labour all their lives ,hard to change that for the elderly,hh

You know the thing is Ray if those pensioners are switched on to politics and choose to vote Labour then I have no issue with that whatsoever, it's their choice and they have the right to vote for whoever they please but I suspect many of those older folk are still getting their information from partisan sources like the Daily Record, BBC etc. who routinely misinform and skew the facts when it comes to Scotland and the SNP.

Sadly that means many are voting for a Labour Party that no longer exists!

Oh and since we're speaking of scummy lowlifes here's one of the Tory's cuddly GE candidates in Wales saying that people who appeared on Channel 5's Benefit Street should be 'put down' like animals......

And here's Boris Johnson's top adviser Dominic Cummings openly admitting that he agrees that the Tories don't give a shit about poor people or the NHS......

It's as if the country( UK )in the last 10 yrs has been sleep walking , the indy ref was an eye opener you would meet no voters ask why no ,,stock answer just cos in the ned it became the smart folk against the
You know the thing is Ray if those pensioners are switched on to politics and choose to vote Labour then I have no issue with that whatsoever, it's their choice and they have the right to vote for whoever they please but I suspect many of those older folk are still getting their information from partisan sources like the Daily Record, BBC etc. who routinely misinform and skew the facts when it comes to Scotland and the SNP.

Sadly that means many are voting for a Labour Party that no longer exists!
My old fella was one of they shite scared pensioners and no matter how much the rest of the family try'd to change his mind he was adament he was voting no and sticking with Labour
That was until my eldest brother sat him down to watch Philipa whiteford (think thats her name ) post on youtube talkin about the NHS , he's now a card carrying nat , does ma nut in with it now , you get the nat news before the family news

It's as if the country( UK )in the last 10 yrs has been sleep walking , the indy ref was an eye opener you would meet no voters ask why no ,,stock answer just cos in the ned it became the smart folk against the

My old fella was one of they shite scared pensioners and no matter how much the rest of the family try'd to change his mind he was adament he was voting no and sticking with Labour
That was until my eldest brother sat him down to watch Philipa whiteford (think thats her name ) post on youtube talkin about the NHS , he's now a card carrying nat , does ma nut in with it now , you get the nat news before the family news

I'd go one step further mate while many do seem to be sleep walking many others just seem to have given up on listening to another point of view and coherent fact driven debate altogether! Instead they just parrot inane soundbites (the ones that play to their own prejudices) that they've heard some politician say on the telly or they regurgitate some baseless shite they've seen on facebook or twitter without checking if it's actually true or not. The minute you challenge them on the validity of what they're saying they turn into raging purple-faced psychos because they've got nothing, no knowledge of what they're talking about beyond the tweet or the soundbite! It's fucking nuts 🤪

Good on yer old man though at least he was open to another point of view, many wouldn't even have bothered to take the time to listen to Philippa Whitford let alone change their minds after listening to what she had to say. Philippa Whitford btw can speak with some authority on the NHS as she's a surgeon who's worked in the NHS as well as being an SNP MP.

😂😂😂 That's what happens when people have their eyes opened to a different point of view Kelly......they can't believe they never noticed certain things before and they become engrossed and want to learn more and share it with everybody they talk to. Just keep him aff facebook and twitter 😄(y)

HH mate.

Last edited:
I'd go one step further mate while many do seem to be sleep walking many others just seem to have given up on listening to another point of view and coherent fact driven debate altogether! Instead they just parrot inane soundbites (the ones that play to their own prejudices) that they've heard some politician say on the telly or they regurgitate some baseless shite they've seen on facebook or twitter without checking if it's actually true or not. The minute you challenge them on the validity of what they're saying they turn into raging purple-faced psychos because they've got nothing, no knowledge of what they're talking about beyond the tweet or the soundbite! It's fucking nuts 🤪

Good on yer old man though at least he was open to another point of view, many wouldn't even have bothered to take the time to listen to Philippa Whitford let alone change their minds after listening to what she had to say. Philippa Whitford btw can speak with some authority on the NHS as she's a surgeon who's worked in the NHS as well as being an SNP MP.

😂😂😂 That's what happens when people have their eyes opened to a different point of view Kelly......they can't believe they never noticed certain things before and they become engrossed and want learn more and share it with everybody they talk to. Just keep him aff facebook and twitter 😄(y)

HH mate.
☹ sadly it's to late for that now

Spot on DILLIGAF!

And who could forget good ol' 'football personality' and all round 'nice guy' Archie McPherson teaming up with Labour & Better Together to knock on pensioners doors to scare the absolute shit out of them by telling them in a soft kindly voice 'better vote NO cos if ye don't you'll lose yer pension and we wouldnae want that would we'!

I mean of all the fucking scummy lowlife things to do! Using barefaced lies to manipulate and scare old folk into voting NO.

Truth was their pensions were NEVER at risk as their contributions were paid into the UK pension pot which the UK Government were legally bound to honour, Independence would've had zero effect on their ability to claim their pensions.

Gutter politics!
Archie McPherson, lying cunt
You are known by the company you keep him and Thatcher are well suited
Better Together in Hell

Members online

Latest posts

Back