Enough is enough

I still cannot conceive of us blowing the ten because I believe we have an improved squad which I don't think you can say about our nearest rivals.
I am concerned however about the constant shuffling of positions and lack of form from a number of players. NL has to change that and I am thinking that he does not have too many games in which to do that (6 - 8?). If he drops more points and progress is not made in Europe its bye bye and a new man will lead us to the ten. If he can get our form going as he must then we will be at least 6 points clear by Xmas having secured the 4th treble, set for a 5th and wondering what all the earlier fuss was about.
No reason for hysteria or falling out, this is the reality of being a Celtic manager/player every year but even more so this one. So come on bhoys, finger out, let's get this job done!

I must admit, I am a wee bit worried....but early days, and I am sure it will sort itself oot and we will get into 'top gear' soon......But although I hate to say this....'I can see 'them' coming'....and that's a bigger concern....We MUST get it sorted oot and be the first team to score against them this season.....Once the transfer window is shut I am sure that will help us get settled......Let's aw keep the heed and keep the faith...🍀
Truth is, I think it's their results that have spooked us a bit, Lennono, but having never really watched them, I don't know if they're 'all that'.

It seems they play with a bit more pace and that they're a bit more direct, but it's difficult to gauge with the opposition they've played. Leverkusen bossed them, but I guess we won't really know until we face them up ourselves?

Still not sure if I'd want any of their players, but I liked the look of Rohypnol when he was at Leeds. We might have missed a trick wie him if he was obviously available. Other than that? I might give Borasic a game at full-back if only because of his delivery.

Last edited:
Personally I don't think things are completely black or white but I am sitting somewhere in the middle ground.

For a start we are currently experiencing a period of unprecedented success. We have won 11 domestic trophies in a row. We are two games away from a unique quadruple treble. We are going for a historic 10 league titles in a row. As fans we should be enjoying these times so much, but yet so many aren't for s variety of reasons.

However, there is no denying that we can certainly improve things. As a business we are fairly well run bucking the trend by repeatedly making decent profits. Many of us moan that the board should be reinvesting some of this profit into our squad - yet we do actually spend a fair bit of money on transfers. However in my opinion we often do this too late in the window - when we are already out of the Champions League - and waste too much on too many projects that never even get a chance as we try to chase the next VvD or Wanyama. These £2-3m punts are fine if it forms a part of your transfer strategy but IMO not when it is the vast majority of you purchases. I'd prefer a little less quantity and a little better quality.

The thing is we have z conveyer belt of very successful youth players which halts when they reach the senior team. Forrest, MacGregor, Mikey J and Tierney is a poorvreturn when you look at the huge amount of talent we have had come through our ranks over the last decade or more. Does anyone truly believe Hickey would have had a chance if he had stayed with us?

We have so many fantastic young fringe players like Dembele, Okoflex, Afolabi, Connell, Welsh, etc, that could and should be integrated into our team especially when we have the 5 subs option this season. Sadly, I doubt that we will get to see most of these phenomenal players enjoy success in the Hoops in the future as they will get fed up and leave for pastures new. But are the fans also responsible? How often have we heard moans about youngsters not being good enough? CalMac got pelters from some fans when his early form dropped off. Mikey J the same. Forrest still gets them despite statistically being one of the top goal scoring/assister in European leagues! I'm not saying the moans aren't justified but it can't do much for a youngster's confidence.

As I said at the time, I had my reservations about Lenny returning as manager as I often couldn't understand his team selections, formations or tactics. But he did a wonderful job of stabilising the club after Rodgers did the dirty on us, bringing us continued success.

My problem again are the same issues I had with him before he was appointed full time. He has some favourites that he won't rest no matter how poor their form is. He chops and changes the others in an almost random manner. Players come out of the blue and no matter whether they struggle or nail it, they then often get dropped for the next couple of games.

I dont think this "best 11" argument bares much relevance into today's game as it is a squad sport now. The game has moved on so much fitness wise that you can't play the same players twice a week for a season. Therefore, I am all for squad rotation but it has to be done sensibly. Build a settled defence for at least a few games in a row so they settle in with our new keeper.

Pick players for their best positions. If we don't have them to fit your preferred system(s) then either work your bollocks off in training to improve your current players, or buy more suited players, or choose a better suited system!

As I touched on early, this season we have the luxury of 5 substitutions- this means we vmcan rotate half our outfield players in every game. This allows a change of tactics when your original ones are failing, integration of hungry fringe players and keeping your star players fresh and protect booked players. Yet sitting on your arse doing nothing until the last 15 minutes is not using the rules to your advantage.

Broony is a leader and a legend with incredible fitness levels for his age. But it is clear that since we returned he has lost a yard of pace which means he isn't so effective and our performances are struggling as a result too. His game time has to be reduced so he makes the biggest possible impact. Soro, Turnbull and Connell look up to the task so play them before their fitness/confidence drop off.

Most clubs buy players and play them almost straight away whereas we squirrel them away for months. I believe if young foreign players like Shved who were struggling to settle probably would have done better if they had first team matches to look forward too. Turnbull was on fire and yet we have reigned him back in again, preferring to play under-performing players instead!

Personally I would like to see us playing at a much higher tempo, with proper pressing as a team rather than some individuals. If you are playing triangles then it should be pass and move, pass and move, instead of pointless 15 yards passes to static players only for the passer to stand still! Fire is crosses into the danger areas (between the penalty spot & 6 yard box or across the goal) instead of trying to lift in crosses to the midgets we have up front.

Neil Lennon was always so passionate and firey yet now he looks very subdued and almost disinterested. I hope he is OK after lockdown as it has adversely affected many people. Sadly, his apparent lack of motivation seems to be reflected in his team's performances. I believe he would benefit from having a respected peer next to him who will stand up to him when he makes his sometimes bizarre choices.

Having said all that - we are going for 10 in a row! If we achieve this unbelievable goal then I will not really care too much about tpiling to beat St Mirren and the like vack in September. The unbeaten run in domestic cup ties cannot continue for ever and will come to and end sometime, so although I won't enjoy it I will still appreciate this run of cup success too.

Neil Lennon is our manager and he will continue to get my support as ge marches us to 10IAR, but it won't be blind faith - when he makes an arse of it I will still have a whinge about it.

Hail hail! 🍀

I think he will have plenty of time as, for me, we have fucking no chance of qualifying for even the shitty Europa League. We are playing shit, Lennon hasnt a fucking clue what hes doing team wise and we all know his tactics in europe are non existent. He just has a hunch and goes with it. I think the qualifying games will be too soon and so far we have been utter shit. Any of the teams who are seeded wont bat an eye getting drawn against us and that's 100% Lennons fault. The 10 year and we coukd be our of europe altogether. If it happens and i say if, he should resign..this years too important to fuck up for him. I had backed him but hes doing my fucking head in with his shit selections,favourites, not giving new players a chance and being a fucking usekess cunt in Europe. Even they Icelandic pricks fancy their chances and if im.honest, so do I.

We are unbeaten in the league and could be top in just a few hours. We do not have a fixed 11 we have 16 players available and need to keep the heid. The players train together in a large squad and we need players who can adapt. This thread simply shows the tension of the most important season in fifty years
Well put F I was thinking the same we cant be brilliant every game but we are winning every game bar the killie draw theres not a manager in Scotland with a better record than lenny so he must be doing something right. St Mirren always lift their game against us especially in paisley but still we won the game. Big jocks quote of how the style in which we win is more important than winning can go out the window for a season as far as I'm concerned. We must keep the head because if we think that the pressure is rising now it's about to go off the charts. I'm no manager and have griped about lenny many times before still as long as we continue to win I'll take it. I understand some of the noise's members gripes but this isnt the time to turn on lenny. We are not deserving of the 10 until we have won the 10. Sure I want free flowing fitba like the county and Hamilton games but it wont happen every game and we dont know what is going on behind the scenes but we have to be all pulling in the same direction this was always going to be the toughest title to win and bolingoli just made it tougher but we'll come through it. I'd also say I'm not convinced that lenny has decided upon his best starting XI yet and probably wont know until the window closes. Keep the faith HH COYBIG ☘

Lennon called for unity after the CL fuck up ( no strickers) and has caused nothing but unrest ever since.
This problem with the left hand side of the park is also part of his doing as he went for Taylor if using a 4 at the back with possibly boli if we went with a 3, same as the right 2 players for 2 formations, hence now short on players and quality to keep the balance of the team right. Bought Turnbull match fit and at the rate he is been used he will be unmatch fit fairly soon.
His words of a call for harmony needs to be put into action, starting with himself. Not panicking, just severely pissed off with his antics at the moment

Cant remember a Livingston game carrying this magnitude of importance ever and we know exactly how they will play except they dont have the exceptional Dykes in their team now and stokes has left because he skinned his knee , this should be a shoe in for us and I couldn't be more confident we'll win. They on the other hand come sunday will be facing a hibs side with no intention of sitting back like every other side theyve played, and if that happens I'm sure we'll see a change in mood on the noise HH

I trust him.....after all the noise and triumphalism from across the city.....we will be top tomorrow......We always start slowly...think cunts need to chill

Up the Ra and fuck the huns
Starting slow has cost us £80m in the last two years. We start slow because we do fuck all to ensure we are ready to qualify. This is a major faili g for all concerned. We needed the CL money to offset the covid reduction in cash and we play a game at home without a striker. That's fucking schoolboy idiocy. We never learn and I dont think cunts who never learn should be in charge of anything. If we crash out of eurooe altogether that is not good enough. We havent kicked a baw, he doesnt know his best team, he wint give the new players achance, hes sticking with his favs who are under performing and his tactics are headsratchers only he thinks are working. He needs to get it sorted and fast, because so far we have been a shadow of where we should be. And that's his fault for buying usekess cunts who arent good enough. It might be Lawell who us buying these guys, as us the rumour, if that is true it's worse than I thought. Sevco wont fuck us up. They are shit, if it happens it will be because we snookered ourselves with dithering, going cheap bullshit as usual. Saturday needs to be much better, because so far we have been rank. Here's hoping he gets at least the team selection right this time.

Personally I don't think things are completely black or white but I am sitting somewhere in the middle ground.

For a start we are currently experiencing a period of unprecedented success. We have won 11 domestic trophies in a row. We are two games away from a unique quadruple treble. We are going for a historic 10 league titles in a row. As fans we should be enjoying these times so much, but yet so many aren't for s variety of reasons.

However, there is no denying that we can certainly improve things. As a business we are fairly well run bucking the trend by repeatedly making decent profits. Many of us moan that the board should be reinvesting some of this profit into our squad - yet we do actually spend a fair bit of money on transfers. However in my opinion we often do this too late in the window - when we are already out of the Champions League - and waste too much on too many projects that never even get a chance as we try to chase the next VvD or Wanyama. These £2-3m punts are fine if it forms a part of your transfer strategy but IMO not when it is the vast majority of you purchases. I'd prefer a little less quantity and a little better quality.

The thing is we have z conveyer belt of very successful youth players which halts when they reach the senior team. Forrest, MacGregor, Mikey J and Tierney is a poorvreturn when you look at the huge amount of talent we have had come through our ranks over the last decade or more. Does anyone truly believe Hickey would have had a chance if he had stayed with us?

We have so many fantastic young fringe players like Dembele, Okoflex, Afolabi, Connell, Welsh, etc, that could and should be integrated into our team especially when we have the 5 subs option this season. Sadly, I doubt that we will get to see most of these phenomenal players enjoy success in the Hoops in the future as they will get fed up and leave for pastures new. But are the fans also responsible? How often have we heard moans about youngsters not being good enough? CalMac got pelters from some fans when his early form dropped off. Mikey J the same. Forrest still gets them despite statistically being one of the top goal scoring/assister in European leagues! I'm not saying the moans aren't justified but it can't do much for a youngster's confidence.

As I said at the time, I had my reservations about Lenny returning as manager as I often couldn't understand his team selections, formations or tactics. But he did a wonderful job of stabilising the club after Rodgers did the dirty on us, bringing us continued success.

My problem again are the same issues I had with him before he was appointed full time. He has some favourites that he won't rest no matter how poor their form is. He chops and changes the others in an almost random manner. Players come out of the blue and no matter whether they struggle or nail it, they then often get dropped for the next couple of games.

I dont think this "best 11" argument bares much relevance into today's game as it is a squad sport now. The game has moved on so much fitness wise that you can't play the same players twice a week for a season. Therefore, I am all for squad rotation but it has to be done sensibly. Build a settled defence for at least a few games in a row so they settle in with our new keeper.

Pick players for their best positions. If we don't have them to fit your preferred system(s) then either work your bollocks off in training to improve your current players, or buy more suited players, or choose a better suited system!

As I touched on early, this season we have the luxury of 5 substitutions- this means we vmcan rotate half our outfield players in every game. This allows a change of tactics when your original ones are failing, integration of hungry fringe players and keeping your star players fresh and protect booked players. Yet sitting on your arse doing nothing until the last 15 minutes is not using the rules to your advantage.

Broony is a leader and a legend with incredible fitness levels for his age. But it is clear that since we returned he has lost a yard of pace which means he isn't so effective and our performances are struggling as a result too. His game time has to be reduced so he makes the biggest possible impact. Soro, Turnbull and Connell look up to the task so play them before their fitness/confidence drop off.

Most clubs buy players and play them almost straight away whereas we squirrel them away for months. I believe if young foreign players like Shved who were struggling to settle probably would have done better if they had first team matches to look forward too. Turnbull was on fire and yet we have reigned him back in again, preferring to play under-performing players instead!

Personally I would like to see us playing at a much higher tempo, with proper pressing as a team rather than some individuals. If you are playing triangles then it should be pass and move, pass and move, instead of pointless 15 yards passes to static players only for the passer to stand still! Fire is crosses into the danger areas (between the penalty spot & 6 yard box or across the goal) instead of trying to lift in crosses to the midgets we have up front.

Neil Lennon was always so passionate and firey yet now he looks very subdued and almost disinterested. I hope he is OK after lockdown as it has adversely affected many people. Sadly, his apparent lack of motivation seems to be reflected in his team's performances. I believe he would benefit from having a respected peer next to him who will stand up to him when he makes his sometimes bizarre choices.

Having said all that - we are going for 10 in a row! If we achieve this unbelievable goal then I will not really care too much about tpiling to beat St Mirren and the like vack in September. The unbeaten run in domestic cup ties cannot continue for ever and will come to and end sometime, so although I won't enjoy it I will still appreciate this run of cup success too.

Neil Lennon is our manager and he will continue to get my support as ge marches us to 10IAR, but it won't be blind faith - when he makes an arse of it I will still have a whinge about it.

Hail hail! 🍀
I've got a limited attention span and I tend to short-circuit when faced with logic and reason, BB, but from the short passage I was able to focus on, you seem to have a handle on things there.

I couldn't invest all of my limited attention as I got distracted by a particularly low-cut top and things bouncing aboot. The fella could get a job as a page 3 model if he shaves his chest!

Someone said that the team is still gelling. That’s the problem, we’re too late in getting players in. Every transfer window is the same. That’s why we’ve not been in the CL groups in the last 3 years. We’ve got a player, Soro. I don’t know if he is a good player or not. I’ve hardly seen him. Turnbull? I know he is a good player but I’ve not had the chance to see him in a Celtic shirt.

Starting slow has cost us £80m in the last two years. We start slow because we do fuck all to ensure we are ready to qualify. This is a major faili g for all concerned. We needed the CL money to offset the covid reduction in cash and we play a game at home without a striker. That's fucking schoolboy idiocy. We never learn and I dont think cunts who never learn should be in charge of anything. If we crash out of eurooe altogether that is not good enough. We havent kicked a baw, he doesnt know his best team, he wint give the new players achance, hes sticking with his favs who are under performing and his tactics are headsratchers only he thinks are working. He needs to get it sorted and fast, because so far we have been a shadow of where we should be. And that's his fault for buying usekess cunts who arent good enough. It might be Lawell who us buying these guys, as us the rumour, if that is true it's worse than I thought. Sevco wont fuck us up. They are shit, if it happens it will be because we snookered ourselves with dithering, going cheap bullshit as usual. Saturday needs to be much better, because so far we have been rank. Here's hoping he gets at least the team selection right this time.
SPOT ON.

It's only money! What would those 2 qualifications gotten us??? Humiliation? At best qualification from the group??
We are where we are until European football shakes up it's infrastructure

I trust him.....after all the noise and triumphalism from across the city.....we will be top tomorrow......We always start slowly...think cunts need to chill

Fair enough, we have to play them fucks in a few weeks time in a huge match. Of course a lot can happen

Agreed only team that can beat celtic is celtic. Time for lennons nonsense to stop hopefully with some sort of team selection that will settle everyone down essentially myself. I have no douth about the quality of the squad, just feel strongly that it is time we started to see that in a better Manor than we have to date. Don't think it is to much to expect or ask for

Just to put it out there for general debate, and I'm asking in all seriousness..........

Who would you all regard as the preferred alternative to Lenny?

I'm not sure that there are a whole raft of suitable candidates that are within our price range.

Would you take a punt on a guy like Eddie Howe, or would you want a tried and tested older head who is both untried and untested in Scottish football?

Personally, I don't think there are a great number of suitable options available that can walk in and understand the size and expectations of Celtic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back