Enough is enough

It's only money! What would those 2 qualifications gotten us??? Humiliation? At best qualification from the group??
We are where we are until European football shakes up it's infrastructure
£80m to invest in quality and keep us on a financial sound footing. It would gave helped with recruitment for better players. And if we used it to improve our squad we wouldn't be humiliated. We get humiliated because we either do fuck all or go cheap on useless players nowhere good enough if we dont want skelped.

We did well last year in the Europa and we all hoped we would push on. We didnt. We are out again because in January when we should gave got the players needed we did fuck all. We played without a strike r. We have two left backs who are shit. We needed a CB dud fuck all. We needed back up for Eddy. We got one who coukdnt run and sat on the bench. It's not a set in stone we get humiliated. It only happens when you see what you need then do fuck all but hope things will be ok. Every year we leave the competition early because we arent ready. A round earlier in successive years. Add in tactical naivety on a monumental scale and its curtains against shit teams. That's down to Lenny. He agrees to buy players who we all know arent good enough for the fucking Spfl never mind the CL. Buy cheap buy twice and in the meantime pick up your arse on the way out. How long will it take to realise our approach is a one way ticket out of the CL. And it's not even great teams who beat us. If we continue to accept that dithering,cheapskate, shitebag approach we will be moaning about the exact same next year. As we have the last four. That's unacceptable. Well, it is to me.

Just to put it out there for general debate, and I'm asking in all seriousness..........

Who would you all regard as the preferred alternative to Lenny?

I'm not sure that there are a whole raft of suitable candidates that are within our price range.

Would you take a punt on a guy like Eddie Howe, or would you want a tried and tested older head who is both untried and untested in Scottish football?

Personally, I don't think there are a great number of suitable options available that can walk in and understand the size and expectations of Celtic.
Like Eddie Howe and id take Bielsa fae Leeds but no chance of that happening 😆

I ain't trying to get rid of Lenny yet SP but yes if it came to it I would take Howe. I like managers with a philosophy and a style of play. I struggle to see Lenny's. He has done well regarding trophies and results too to a certain extent but as we all know at Celtic you can't rest on your Lawells(?)

Just to put it out there for general debate, and I'm asking in all seriousness..........

I'm not sure that there are a whole raft of suitable candidates that are within our price range.

Would you take a punt on a guy like Eddie Howe, or would you want a tried and tested older head who is both untried and untested in Scottish football?

Personally, I don't think there are a great number of suitable options available that can walk in and understand the size and expectations of Celtic.
I don't want rid of Lennon, but if we did change then I would love Howe - as long as he had a sidekick who understands Scottish fitba (feck - did someone say Kennedy???). I would be shocked if he did want to come up here anyway.

I really don't know who we would bring in, but as a properly prepared CEO, Lawwell had better have a shortlist of realistic prospects always being updated in any case.

£80m to invest in quality and keep us on a financial sound footing. It would gave helped with recruitment for better players. And if we used it to improve our squad we wouldn't be humiliated. We get humiliated because we either do fuck all or go cheap on useless players nowhere good enough if we dont want skelped.

We did well last year in the Europa and we all hoped we would push on. We didnt. We are out again because in January when we should gave got the players needed we did fuck all. We played without a strike r. We have two left backs who are shit. We needed a CB dud fuck all. We needed back up for Eddy. We got one who coukdnt run and sat on the bench. It's not a set in stone we get humiliated. It only happens when you see what you need then do fuck all but hope things will be ok. Every year we leave the competition early because we arent ready. A round earlier in successive years. Add in tactical naivety on a monumental scale and its curtains against shit teams. That's down to Lenny. He agrees to buy players who we all know arent good enough for the fucking Spfl never mind the CL. Buy cheap buy twice and in the meantime pick up your arse on the way out. How long will it take to realise our approach is a one way ticket out of the CL. And it's not even great teams who beat us. If we continue to accept that dithering,cheapskate, shitebag approach we will be moaning about the exact same next year. As we have the last four. That's unacceptable. Well, it is to me.
Jesus Verdi, I like you and I think you make many valid points, but come on, fella.........Are things that fucking bad?

For as long as we play in the hellhole of the Scottish league, then right away - we have to pay an extra 10% to get players to even contemplate a move. Even then, once they get here it's: "you can't go here, don't go there, you might not want eat there or put your kids to school there"

We know who and what we are, unfortunately - the rest of the world has yet to catch up.

We've wasted a tonne of money on pure drek. We've lost out on even more because of shortsightedness. We have a CEO that's made a better than decent killing out of the club, but come on.........things could be much, much worse.

I DO understand many of your concerns. The money we spunked or lost out on could have got us to another European trophy if it were properly invested, but as it stands, that's now history. We have to just get behind the team and start again.

What other options are there?

I've got a limited attention span and I tend to short-circuit when faced with logic and reason, BB, but from the short passage I was able to focus on, you seem to have a handle on things there.

I couldn't invest all of my limited attention as I got distracted by a particularly low-cut top and things bouncing aboot. The fella could get a job as a page 3 model if he shaves his chest!
Sorry SP. I'm off today so I obviously decided to write my first ever book. I'll keep them short in the future and use plenty emojis and references to boobies to keep you interested! 🤭🤣

Truth is, I think it's their results that have spooked us a bit, Lennono, but having never really watched them, I don't know if they're 'all that'.

It seems they play with a bit more pace and that they're a bit more direct, but it's difficult to gauge with the opposition they've played. Leverkusen bossed them, but I guess we won't really know until we face them up ourselves?

Still not sure if I'd want any of their players, but I liked the look of Rohypnol when he was at Leeds. We might have missed a trick wie him if he was obviously available. Other than that? I might give Borasic a game at full-back if only because of his delivery.
The worry from me is that sevco are playing faster and more direct. They up to now are finding a way to beat a 10 man defence comfortably while we continue to play sideways and backwards once again. Even with Duffy we are not convincing at the back and sevco will definitely exploit that. Lenny must have a clear plan and a more settled formation or it will be too late.

The worry from me is that sevco are playing faster and more direct. They up to now are finding a way to beat a 10 man defence comfortably while we continue to play sideways and backwards once again. Even with Duffy we are not convincing at the back and sevco will definitely exploit that. Lenny must have a clear plan and a more settled formation or it will be too late.
Looked at their starting line up a few weeks ago and thought that teams pish!The Croatian fullbacks decent but i dont see much to worry about .

Jesus Verdi, I like you and I think you make many valid points, but come on, fella.........Are things that fucking bad?

For as long as we play in the hellhole of the Scottish league, then right away - we have to pay an extra 10% to get players to even contemplate a move. Even then, once they get here it's: "you can't go here, don't go there, you might not want eat there or put your kids to school there"

We know who and what we are, unfortunately - the rest of the world has yet to catch up.

We've wasted a tonne of money on pure drek. We've lost out on even more because of shortsightedness. We have a CEO that's made a better than decent killing out of the club, but come on.........things could be much, much worse.

I DO understand many of your concerns. The money we spunked or lost out on could have got us to another European trophy if it were properly invested, but as it stands, that's now history. We have to just get behind the team and start again.

What other options are there?
I have had it with the same old mistakes being continually made. As long as Lawell is in charge it wont change. We could fuck this up this year against a deed club with no money, about to go bust any day for the last 8 years, who are £100m in debt and have a team of mediocre pricks. Yes mate, it is that bad and the tortuous thing is it's all self inflicted. What do we do? Just accept it? Just let Lawell et al allow is to get worse every year? To have Sevco ck8se the gap even slightly is criminal ineptitude. Thst annoys me and the continual cycle is soul destroying.

Last edited:

Perhaps an understanding of the Scottish game and the appreciation of the size of our club is a hindrance? Perhaps we need someone who has a definite style of play and his own plan to take us forward. In other words start to play OUR way and not a " Scottish style " 🤔

Looked at their starting line up a few weeks ago and thought that teams pish!The Croatian fullbacks decent but i dont see much to worry about .
You said exactly the same last December and they dominated us. We have to sort this nonsense asap so we can show them who's boss! We have the better players so just have to start using them properly and we'll win.

I have had it with the same old mistakes being continually made. As long as Lawell is in charge it wont change. We could fuck this up this year against a deed club with no money, about to go bust any day for the last 8 years, who are £100m in debt and have a team of mediocre pricks. Yes mate, it is that bad and the tortuous thing is it's all self inflicted. What do we do? Just accept it? Just let Lawell et al allow is to get worse every year? To have Sevco ck8se the gap even slightly is criminal ineptitude. Thst annoys me and the continual cycle is woukd destroying.
Verdi, we have exactly the same predicament with Lawwell as we do with Lenny.

Who do we get in that's going to do a better job?

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of candidates out there, but like with anything - their debentures, share issues and salaries probably outweigh Pete's!

The man is flawed and has dubious political proclivities, but there just isn't a vast array of valid alternatives kickin' aboot.

The real hardship of Covid isn't going to be fully realised till financial figures come in next April. No amount of money laundering fae the scum is going to hide the fact that they and many others are going to be well and truly fucked.

In any eventuality, Lawwell's short arms and procrastination are likely going to see us survive and possibly prosper when the reconfiguration of football inevitably begins.

Not calling for his head just yet as I still more than belive he shall and will get the job done, only pissed off how he is going about it at the moment. Only time and results will tell if he is the man for the long term and not doing himself much favours now. Still say he is not the man for the next big step after this season and that is success in Europe but that is not for now

Members online

Latest posts

Back