Euro 2020 - Scotland

They like to make the Gazza comparison with Foden. If true Fodens GF/Wife can expect to get the shite kicked oot her on a regular basis by a drunken buffoon.
No don’t 😂😂😂
I ran into a guy in an Italia jersey in the supermarket on Friday (amazingly rare here), when Italy beat Turkey, and we got to talking about football and the Euros.

"Who you got?" He said, in his accent right out of the Sopranos.

"Scotland," I said, pointing to my Celtic mask.

Instead of laughing aloud, he said that Italy would win, "but it's really up for f**king grabs this year."

With Steve Clarke able to get players to a higher level like he did at Killie, I'm hoping Scotland goes far.
brilliant 🤩

Yeah, they're all over the place . . . even in my own house (albeit several generations removed) :ROFLMAO:
What's the correct spelling of ginny?
I worked with a lot of Italian-American and Italian brickies in the US. I got the insult 'babaloo' from them. Was great craic when I used it against the local package store owner who jacked up the price of Magners once I started shopping there in the mid noughties.

Can't spell it correctly but I mean the derogatory term used by Americans for Italian Americans
Not familiar with that one. Must be an New York/northeastern thing, though the Italian side of my family (my father's, hence my last name) has been here since the 1880s and I'm pretty far removed from the "old country".

Not familiar with that one. Must be an New York/northeastern thing, though the Italian side of my family (my father's, hence my last name) has been here since the 1880s and I'm pretty far removed from the "old country".
Pretty common on the East coast, actually referenced in 'The Godfather'. "Never marry a guinny". Definitely needs the addition of the 'u'.

Can't spell it correctly but I mean the derogatory term used by Americans for Italian Americans
Oh, you mean "guinea" -- yeah, that's not good. There are others that are worse (no, not going there), but that's probably on the milder side. That would raise some fists.

Oh, you mean "guinea" -- yeah, that's not good. There are others that are worse (no, not going there), but that's probably on the milder side. That would raise some fists.
Yeah, that's the one. Heard that used in a derogatory manner many times. I went to Catholic school with kids who had Italian names in Ireland. They were no different to us. There is no derogatory name for Italian people in Irish culture. Giuseppe Conlon being named after an Italian community member (pre WW2) would be the classic example.

Todays the day
Just a song before i go (to the pub), CSNY sung many moons ago

I'm having a few before heading over to my caravan with my pal, keeping oot the way,
last time i started bevvying at 11am was about 20 years ago
i did well until i got the jail, so keeping oot the way, i hope
Whats the plans today for game troops ? (Except you Gary 67, don't rub it in :LOL:)

A few hours form now it'll be party time on our lands
or more likely a nation wallowing in pity

But we still won't destroy Gerge Square

But might be singing Yes Sir, We are jobby

Last edited:
Working, so will miss the game, will have ma fingers in ma ears from 2pm🤣, recording it, so it will be home at 4.30pm straight into the shower then feet up in font of the tv with ma dinner, hopefully blissful unaware of the final score 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Working, so will miss the game, will have ma fingers in ma ears from 2pm🤣, recording it, so it will be home at 4.30pm straight into the shower then feet up in font of the tv with ma dinner, hopefully blissful unaware of the final score 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Bummer
Well best of luck with that
I’m sure everyone on here wil keep schtum with your predicament in mind 😁

I'm fevered for this tourney we have a really good squad now think people need to snap out the scotland are shite mode and get behind the team I can see us getting out this group
Defo especially when the 4 best 3rd places qualify as well but I think we can be at least 2nd let England win the group that means they will have to play the runners up of the france, Germany, Portugal and Hungary group and something tells me it wont be hungary. So another last 16 exit for engerlund is well on the cards. 😁 having seen the eng v Croatia game I saw nothing for us to fear typical England snoozefest croatia were shockingly poor. England will lift their game against us nae doubt about that but I honestly think that we can beat the Czechs again and the croats modric was so deep he was playing cb at times bring it on 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙏

Back