Fury V Whyte 🥊🥊🥊

I hate boxing and trying not to be controversial but I think it should be banned. 🥊

Light context: well for those who want it. my dad was quite a handsome young man and he took up featherweight boxing when he was young and when he got back home after his first fight to his tenement flat he lived in called the convicts building in Scotstoun Glasgow and mainly filled with second generation Irish immigrants my wee Irish granny took his boxing gloves and threw them in the coal fire. His battered face healed and that was the end of his short professional boxing career, except for his fights in the British Legion when he refused to stand for the obligatory God save the Queen which he would never ever agree to but he never came home with a battered face again.

That's what confuses me sometimes..any event in scotland and you have the full flower a scotland, tartaned up to your arsehole, bagpipes, FREEEEDOM, full shebang and its all amazing and WOW!! We can be proud to be scottish....last time a checked the Scots done some pretty horrendous things in the days of the empire and there's still a large proportion of them full of the anti-Irish rage....but scottish nationalism is a good thing. Scottish athletes are allowed to be proud.
Americans to....any American event and its all stars and spangled banners and marching bands. The American athletes are proud to be American and that's fine.
The Irish....they love to let the world know of their irishness...from McGregor and his tricolor wrapped around him to 99% athletes and boxers who represent their country....and that's fine.
Irish nationalism = good.
And we all applaud and say ooh well done for being proud of who you are and where you come from...
But as soon as a St George's flag comes out and an athlete is proud to be English then he's a cunt....and we arent English and he should remember there are other nationalities watching so how dare he be English.
I get what you’re saying Lubo I personally don’t do the flag waving patriotic thing I think it’s all bollocks, but I agree with you that waving the St George flag is seen almost in the same vein as supporting the National Front which if you think about it is anti English racism and that’s shite if people want to wrap themselves in a flag of whatever country they feel most affinity to then they should be able to do so without fear or prejudice

Can't wait for this fight tonight. Whyte is an absolute brawler...his fight against Chisora was pure brutality.
Fury wins hands down when it comes to the art of boxing but it only takes one punch in the heavyweight division.

I reckon Whyte goes all in trying to take furys head off in the 1st half of the fight. If fury boxes smart, like he did against Wilder, he knocks Whyte out in the last few rounds.

Its going to be a great fight!!!
I could never see whyte troubling fury and turned out to be so.
It is also ridiculous that whyte had to wait something like 5 years for his shot as no1 contender but right now there no one can touch fury for me.
Usyk would be interesting but again hes stepped up from lower weights and fury is a man mountain

Back