Green brigade songbook

No offence, I couldn't care less whether or not you are offended by my view. It is my honest opinion and one I hold dear. Your view does not offend me, it saddens me.

I don't remember hearing Bro. Walfrid calling for RPG 7's when he wanted to help feed the poor. I believe he set up Celtic to help feed people, irrespective of race, colour or creed; the starving, oppressed and without a voice.

"Celtic fans are hated not because of their politics but because of their politics" ... No offence, I suspect, in your haste to emphasise my 'fault' by telling you what you can and can't sing - which I didn't - you have made yourself look like an angry idiot. Not saying you are, you've made yourself appear so through your post!

I don't understand that politics is in everything? That's a heck of an assertion from a single post!

What are you talking about? Worldwide politics, national politics or the politics that goes on within every organisation throughout the world day in, day out!

Look mate, as far as I'm concerned IRA songs are an embarrassment.

You don't agree. I think that makes you, again, look like a fucking idiot.

Doesn't mean I'm right but I believe I am. That's all that matters to me.

When your right it doesn't matter if your wrong coz all you need is your own approval.

And Im the funky idiot

hilarious

No offence, I couldn't care less whether or not you are offended by my view. It is my honest opinion and one I hold dear. Your view does not offend me, it saddens me.

I don't remember hearing Bro. Walfrid calling for RPG 7's when he wanted to help feed the poor. I believe he set up Celtic to help feed people, irrespective of race, colour or creed; the starving, oppressed and without a voice.

"Celtic fans are hated not because of their politics but because of their politics" ... No offence, I suspect, in your haste to emphasise my 'fault' by telling you what you can and can't sing - which I didn't - you have made yourself look like an angry idiot. Not saying you are, you've made yourself appear so through your post!

I don't understand that politics is in everything? That's a heck of an assertion from a single post!

What are you talking about? Worldwide politics, national politics or the politics that goes on within every organisation throughout the world day in, day out!

Look mate, as far as I'm concerned IRA songs are an embarrassment.

You don't agree. I think that makes you, again, look like a fucking idiot.

Doesn't mean I'm right but I believe I am. That's all that matters to me.

You love to swear in public forums and assert for the final time as if your opinion is the be all end all. Then confirm that indeed you do believe that all that matter to you is your unreasoned opinions.

And yet I'm a funky Idiot

Nice one

If you read my other posts above you might understand it better.

Songs are songs
If they contravene hate laws then ban them is the simple answer

Being offended by things you don't buy is your right. But everything is potentially offensive in some context or not.

England fans sing swing low sweet chariot. Nothing to do with football. Offends me that they would sing a slavery song out of context but thats their right to sing what they want.

there are many many songs that are not football related at many different clubs are they all to be banned or just the ones that offend individuals?

Nobody is forcing anybody to sing the songs. But unless they have legitimate reason other than subjective offensive or relevancy then surely its acceptable custom.

If however it violates acceptable custom then by all means ban it.

But isn't it just being politically correct to suggest some songs should be banned that aren't really offensive in their proper context but allowing shouting abuse generally at games?

HH
You assume i didn't read ALL previous posts. Disrespectful i think. I have my view and you have yours. HH?

Reactions: TET
You assume i didn't read ALL previous posts. Disrespectful i think. I have my view and you have yours. HH?

I also gave you quite a concise summary of my opinion with reasons thats how disrespectful I am. I also don't think anything I suggested above was disrespectful in anyway.

But maybe you could expand.

What exactly did i offend or disrespect you with.

HH

I also gave you quite a concise summary of my opinion with reasons thats how disrespectful I am. I also don't think anything I suggested above was disrespectful in anyway.

But maybe you could expand.

What exactly did i offend or disrespect you with.

HH
I wouldn't have made any comment without reading previous posts. The fact i disagree with you on this subject made you assume that i may not have read previous. That simple really. Back to work for me! HH?

You love to swear in public forums and assert for the final time as if your opinion is the be all end all. Then confirm that indeed you do believe that all that matter to you is your unreasoned opinions.

And yet I'm a funky Idiot

Nice one

Nope, if YOU read my post you'll understand that I made it very clear to you that my opinion was exactly that, "my opinion".

You replied to me stating I had no right to stop you singing about the IRA - nowhere did I state you couldn't! Nor did I tell you to. Simply, I gave my view that anyone who goes to a Celtic game without the need to sing about the IRA has a serious problem.

I believe that to be true, irrespective of the damage it does to the reputation of our support.

I suspect you are one of the first to criticise The Rangers (2012) songbook. They always justify it ... means fuck all to me. They're sectarian, hate-fuelled scum.

There is no debate to be had with you ... it's akin to talking with a member of the DUP. No amount of rationale will suffice. You are so entrenched in your righteousness that everyone else is wrong.

Now, apparently, I have to justify my 'unreasoned' opinions. Without wanting to be derogatory - it's difficult with you, believe me - but I have justified my opinion. There is no need to sing about the IRA at a game of football. It's not rocket science, mate.

You keep belting out your Ra songs, I'll keep criticising you for it.

I wouldn't have made any comment without reading previous posts. The fact i disagree with you on this subject made you assume that i may not have read previous. That simple really. Back to work for me! HH?

Well if you had read my previous posts then I still can't work out why you would have asked what you did in your post. Since It was quite explicit mate.

But seems you see offence where none was intended. Maybe I should feel disrespected that even after you read my words you chose to ask what I had already clearly put on paper.

Im not offended btw

Just showing how easy it is to say what others should and shouldn't believe or express.

I don't have any problem with you my man.

I didn't offend you or at least i had no intention to offend you. But maybe even that is disrespectful for you?

And that my honest opinion

HH

Nope, if YOU read my post you'll understand that I made it very clear to you that my opinion was exactly that, "my opinion".

You replied to me stating I had no right to stop you singing about the IRA - nowhere did I state you couldn't! Nor did I tell you to. Simply, I gave my view that anyone who goes to a Celtic game without the need to sing about the IRA has a serious problem.

I believe that to be true, irrespective of the damage it does to the reputation of our support.

I suspect you are one of the first to criticise The Rangers (2012) songbook. They always justify it ... means fuck all to me. They're sectarian, hate-fuelled scum.

There is no debate to be had with you ... it's akin to talking with a member of the DUP. No amount of rationale will suffice. You are so entrenched in your righteousness that everyone else is wrong.

Now, apparently, I have to justify my 'unreasoned' opinions. Without wanting to be derogatory - it's difficult with you, believe me - but I have justified my opinion. There is no need to sing about the IRA at a game of football. It's not rocket science, mate.

You just described yourself matey

I give you reasons why I do what i do

You gave none for why i should stop

But your right cause you only listen to your own opinion.

hilarious

And I'm like the DUP?

You make lots of implications with and look for the last time and F@£$ing this and that but I am the problem and your right

Heard it all now.

No rationale to any of your claims just your right and thats good enough your you

You just described yourself matey

I give you reasons why I do what i do

You gave none for why i should stop

But your right cause you only listen to your own opinion.

hilarious

And I'm like the DUP?

You make lots of implications with and look for the last time and F@£$ing this and that but I am the problem and your right

Heard it all now.

No rationale to any of your claims just your right and thats good enough your you

Are you for real? ?

No rationale? Implications? No justification? I only listen to my own opinion?

Off sick today from Nursery school?

Do you actually take time to read ANY post?

I read it all you have no real reason for your opinion. None of it has any validity except you add its my opinion that makes it right.

But your opinion doesn't have a any substance whatsoever

But you claim it does without expanding and then name calling or nasty allusions

Your the best

Out of curiosity Anton why did you choose Celtic to support?
And what is the IRA in your book?
And should people who love Celtic and their own reasons for loving Celtic should they be banned if they don't completely coincide with your particular values?

I also should add most people don't need to sing about IRA at games they either choose to or Not. The negative association around the word IRA is part of the propaganda.

Your nonsense about struggle for freedom and rights being just as bad as oppression therefore both sides just as bad as each other is a political statement. Yet you don't do politics. Not singing political songs in public is political.

Dictating what other can and can't do is unethical if the songs are not unethical and if they are unethical point out the bits you find unethical.

But blanket castigation of stuff you can't really be bothered having a well rounded opinion is in itself unethical.

But your blind to what you want to see and your opinion with its offensive swear words while claiming others need their heads checked is quite ironic

I've just read this post again. I wanted to take my time.

Why did I choose to support Celtic followed by what is the IRA in my book?

I think your perception of Celtic and mine are so far apart that we are virtually supporting two different clubs - if not, then one club in different universes.

Why Celtic? I'm Irish. Born and bred in West Belfast. Virtually everyone supports Celtic if they have an interest in football ... do I pass that test?

What does the IRA mean to me? They shot dead my father when I was 11 years old - a totally innocent man, daily communicant who'd been to Mass that morning.

We received an apology from them but, strangely enough, it didn't do us much good.

I'll tell you what they were - murdering bastards who caused as much misery to the Catholic community as any other one. Just like the Catholic Church, funny again, eh?

Again, one more time - The IRA, RUC,UVF & BRITISH ARMY WERE ALL SCUM.

Whats the reason for not singing cultural songs highlighting historical atrocities that many many celtic fans actually experienced first hand.

You claim its not rocket science but fail to give one valid reason why its unethical?

Your opinions are not valid until you give clear reasons.
You have some strong opinions and thats fine but you don't offer any clue as to why other than suggesting people hate celtic fans because they sing songs about anti-oppression by imperial forces.

You end every single post with an explicit or implicit derogatory note yet you still haven't made clear a single thing about whats improper about singing songs against injustice

I've just read this post again. I wanted to take my time.

Why did I choose to support Celtic followed by what is the IRA in my book?

I think your perception of Celtic and mine are so far apart that we are virtually supporting two different clubs - if not, then one club in different universes.

Why Celtic? I'm Irish. Born and bred in West Belfast. Virtually everyone supports Celtic if they have an interest in football ... do I pass that test?

What does the IRA mean to me? They shot dead my father when I was 11 years old - a totally innocent man, daily communicant who'd been to Mass that morning.

We received an apology from them but, strangely enough, it didn't do us much good.

I'll tell you what they were - murdering bastards who caused as much misery to the Catholic community as any other one. Just like the Catholic Church, funny again, eh?

Again, one more time - The IRA, RUC,UVF & BRITISH ARMY WERE ALL SCUM.

Well at least you have genuine justification for your opinion.

And that honest heart felt my man.
Sad to hear that.

Strong argument Jdinduntocher

If the songs are sung without proper education of what it all means it can and probably does lead to the nihilist anarchistic perspective getting the label rebel without a cause.

Can you point out any part of any of the songs that talks about how Celtic are doing? Irish history is fascinating, tragic, repetitive and ultimately circular. I have always been interested in it, but by fuck a group of young guys singing about an empty holster, who don’t have the balls to march with genuine Republicans is a fucking Beamer.

Are they shitebags from the loyalists or do they just not really care that much?

I know where my vote
would be cast.

Actually, now I do understand your need to sing about the IRA!

Just to let you know I don't have any need to sing these songs. If they are genuinely classifiable as offensive Im quite happy to ban them.

My whole point is in a free and open society singing any song whether political or football should not be outlawed unless it really is offensive. Especially if it is culturally part of the sub section singing the song. One caveat where it involves explicit unethical lyrics with no historical context.

The words it is offensive to other people is subjective and not illegal unless its branded illegal. And I can't see any justification for most rebel tunes being made illegal. And if its not illegal then the offensive part is purely subjective just like calling someone a F8^king idiot.

Offensive but is it illegal?

I am genuinely sad to hear your sad experience in your own family.

You'll be in my prayers mate.

Not that that will make you feel any better

I wish you all the best my man.

Well at least you have genuine justification for your opinion.

And that honest heart felt my man.
Sad to hear that.

Yeah, TET, that's just one of the many sad stories you'll hear when you delve deeper into IRA activity. On the ground, knowing many of them, they were fuckwits with hardly a brain cell to rub together.

Those in the top were ruthless bastards. One of the worst was Martin 'The Butcher" McGuinness.

The priest who said my father's funeral Mass spoke out against them. Alone in in his sacristy later he had a gun put to his head and was told never to denounce them again, he told them to shoot.

These are the heroes you worship game in game out without a care about those within our support who know the truth and find it as embarrassing as they do offensive.

Do you think, even for a second, I'm alone?

The past is gone ... learn from it, don't perpetuate hatred for hatred's sake.

There is no glory in war.

Can you point out any part of any of the songs that talks about how Celtic are doing? Irish history is fascinating, tragic, repetitive and ultimately circular. I have always been interested in it, but by fuck a group of young guys singing about an empty holster, who don’t have the balls to march with genuine Republicans is a fucking Beamer.

Are they shitebags from the loyalists or do they just not really care that much?

I know where my vote
would be cast.

Yeah but thats not really the point I don't think. Point is people claim it offends them. And thats very true. But is it illegal and do this people who like to sing these songs because they are culturally ingrained and relevant to a large majority of the cantors, is that reason enough to ban their right to sing them?

The songs in themselves are not offensive in my opinion. To others they may be offensive but thats the same with expletives at games. What is the justification for preventing anyone singing a song they want to sing.

Unless there are explicitly heinous unethical lyrics I can't see the justification to banning them.

Members online

Latest posts

Back