Green brigade songbook

Yeah, TET, that's just one of the many sad stories you'll hear when you delve deeper into IRA activity. On the ground, knowing many of them, they were fuckwits with hardly a brain cell to rub together.

Those in the top were ruthless bastards. One of the worst was Martin 'The Butcher" McGuinness.

The priest who said my father's funeral Mass spoke out against them. Alone in in his sacristy later he had a gun put to his head and was told never to denounce them again, he told them to shoot.

These are the heroes you worship game in game out without a care about those within our support who know the truth and find it as embarrassing as they do offensive.

Do you think, even for a second, I'm alone?

The past is gone ... learn from it, don't perpetuate hatred for hatred's sake.

There is no glory in war.

I dont glory in any of it Anton.
I do however think unless the lyrics are unethical in themselves they should not be prevented from being sung.

Even if the Post 70 IRA have lots of ruthless heinous associations.

Most of the songs about IRA have genuine historical value even if they don't paint a full picture like you suggest.

They may well have gone barmy in west belfast.

But the principle in most rebel songs are about fighting against atrocities.

But take nothing away from the sad reality of the poor innocents caught in between. They are the victims even more when the supposedly ethical side becomes like the monster they hate.

Still in an open free society unless the lyrics are illegal then banning these songs dos harm as well as the pain they cause.

Vicious circle.

But your opinion is very very valid and I thank you for taking the time to share it.

Yeah but thats not really the point I don't think. Point is people claim it offends them. And thats very true. But is it illegal and do this people who like to sing these songs because they are culturally ingrained and relevant to a large majority of the cantors, is that reason enough to ban their right to sing them?

The songs in themselves are not offensive in my opinion. To others they may be offensive but thats the same with expletives at games. What is the justification for preventing anyone singing a song they want to sing.

Unless there are explicitly heinous unethical lyrics I can't see the justification to banning them.

They don’t offend me. They embarrass me. Especially because I take political beliefs seriously and think it’s oathetuc if anybody thinks they fulfill them by singing at away games.

A new Brigade. The Away Day Provos. We will sing our way to victory at a fitba game. That and a few natty banners will sort it. Who knew?

Reactions: TET
Y
No offence, I couldn't care less whether or not you are offended by my view. It is my honest opinion and one I hold dear. Your view does not offend me, it saddens me.

I don't remember hearing Bro. Walfrid calling for RPG 7's when he wanted to help feed the poor. I believe he set up Celtic to help feed people, irrespective of race, colour or creed; the starving, oppressed and without a voice.

"Celtic fans are hated not because of their politics but because of their politics" ... No offence, I suspect, in your haste to emphasise my 'fault' by telling you what you can and can't sing - which I didn't - you have made yourself look like an angry idiot. Not saying you are, you've made yourself appear so through your post!

I don't understand that politics is in everything? That's a heck of an assertion from a single post!

What are you talking about? Worldwide politics, national politics or the politics that goes on within every organisation throughout the world day in, day out!

Look mate, as far as I'm concerned IRA songs are an embarrassment.

You don't agree. I think that makes you, again, look like a fucking idiot.

Doesn't mean I'm right but I believe I am. That's all that matters to me.

Your post was interesting and well put until you began calling fellow members of this site fucking idiots or looking like fucking idiots

That I'm afraid is not on and totally inexcusable

You mentioned that you thought that IRA songs are an embarrassment which you are perfectly entitled to state however when you start calling fellow posters fucking idiots because their views don't concur with your own I'm afraid Sir it's your good self who is the embarrassment No need for such personal attack

HH?

Y

Your post was interesting and well put until you began calling fellow members of this site fucking idiots or looking like fucking idiots

That I'm afraid is not on and totally inexcusable

You mentioned that you thought that IRA songs are an embarrassment which you are perfectly entitled to state however when you start calling fellow posters fucking idiots because their views don't concur with your own I'm afraid Sir it's your good self who is the embarrassment No need for such personal attack

HH?

Yes, you are correct and I apologise, unreservedly, TET.

No problem Anton

I can see why the topic got you so hot under the collar

And thank you taking time to chat with me

Blessings be to you

Cheers mate ?

Actually, because things were so clear in my own head, I didn't even realise how poorly I was behaving in 'real time'!

There is something really important that I'd like to share with you about our support and why I love them.

The respect, dignity and manner in which they treated me afterwards was out of this world. I've never felt so protected in my life. There were grown men - massive, big men (to me as a kid) - that had tears in their eyes when they saw me. They didn't have to speak, I just knew.

We didn't bring it up. Many were fiercely supportive of the PIRA. I knew that and, more importantly, I understood it. I knew what was going on in our areas. I saw the RUC and British Army at work. I understood the logic of armed struggle but I could never understand, even as a child, how more killings were going to help.

I just kept on seeing it happen and never, for a second, thought it would ever end.

Celtic then was my identity in life. Somewhere to express my love for them and, at the same time, Ireland too. Now, it's just Celtic that matters; I don't really care that much about Ireland, if I'm honest. Even when it comes to football, I rarely get off my seat when we score though I dance round the living room when Celtic do!

I'm not going to comment on songs again. It's not my right to tell people what to do and I won't. It's a debate that I can offer no more to - I won't.

We're all smart enough to make our own decisions and as long as one can justify it - after looking at all sides opinions objectively - then there is no more to be done.

I'm going to take a break for a few days ... I need to step away to clear my head (Jeez, please don't think it's a woe is me drama queen action - I've never felt self pity and won't start now!).

It's down to the fact that I seldom talk about it.

It's in the past, gone and life goes on. I'd like to see an end to unnecessary hatred.

The SFA have a lot to answer for through inaction, especially in relation to any entity playing out of Ibrox.

Take care, mate ?

C'mon The Hoops

8-in-a-row ?

Interesting to find what are the thoughts re the singing of grace. Is it OK to remember people who have died for justice and self determination as long as they have been non violent? I was brought up believing, and still do, that each time a Celtic side takes the field that in itself is a political act of deep and abiding significance. HH

Cheers mate ?

Actually, because things were so clear in my own head, I didn't even realise how poorly I was behaving in 'real time'!

There is something really important that I'd like to share with you about our support and why I love them.

The respect, dignity and manner in which they treated me afterwards was out of this world. I've never felt so protected in my life. There were grown men - massive, big men (to me as a kid) - that had tears in their eyes when they saw me. They didn't have to speak, I just knew.

We didn't bring it up. Many were fiercely supportive of the PIRA. I knew that and, more importantly, I understood it. I knew what was going on in our areas. I saw the RUC and British Army at work. I understood the logic of armed struggle but I could never understand, even as a child, how more killings were going to help.

I just kept on seeing it happen and never, for a second, thought it would ever end.

Celtic then was my identity in life. Somewhere to express my love for them and, at the same time, Ireland too. Now, it's just Celtic that matters; I don't really care that much about Ireland, if I'm honest. Even when it comes to football, I rarely get off my seat when we score though I dance round the living room when Celtic do!

I'm not going to comment on songs again. It's not my right to tell people what to do and I won't. It's a debate that I can offer no more to - I won't.

We're all smart enough to make our own decisions and as long as one can justify it - after looking at all sides opinions objectively - then there is no more to be done.

I'm going to take a break for a few days ... I need to step away to clear my head (Jeez, please don't think it's a woe is me drama queen action - I've never felt self pity and won't start now!).

It's down to the fact that I seldom talk about it.

It's in the past, gone and life goes on. I'd like to see an end to unnecessary hatred.

The SFA have a lot to answer for through inaction, especially in relation to any entity playing out of Ibrox.

Take care, mate ?

C'mon The Hoops

8-in-a-row ?

I wish you well and your free to comment about anything that takes your fancy. Your opinions are just as valid as anybody else.

If I came across as antagonising or rude then I apologise too.

I wasn't trying to be offensive.

And I wasn't asking you why you loved Celtic earlier. I was just curious to know what was annoying you so strongly. Could never have imagined I had struck such a raw bone till you explained better.

I was really only trying to get closer to the reasons you like Celtic enough to join the site.

Anyway blessings and you can say hello anytime.

Dont worry about anything. You at least have a really top reason for not liking these songs. And to be honest it breaks my heart to think the good guys made that kind of error. At least I hope they are the good guys. I spent my life honouring them.

No offence, I couldn't care less whether or not you are offended by my view. It is my honest opinion and one I hold dear. Your view does not offend me, it saddens me.

I don't remember hearing Bro. Walfrid calling for RPG 7's when he wanted to help feed the poor. I believe he set up Celtic to help feed
people, irrespective of race, colour or creed; the starving, oppressed and without a voice.

"Celtic fans are hated not because of their politics but because of their politics" ... No offence, I suspect, in your haste to emphasise my 'fault' by telling you what you can and can't sing - which I didn't - you have made yourself look like an angry idiot. Not saying you are, you've made yourself appear so through your post!

I don't understand that politics is in everything? That's a heck of an assertion from a single post!

What are you talking about? Worldwide politics, national politics or the politics that goes on within every organisation throughout the world day in, day out!

Look mate, as far as I'm concerned IRA songs are an embarrassment.

You don't agree.

Doesn't mean I'm right but I believe I am. That's all that matters to me.

Anton can you edit the ‘fucking idiot’ part of your comment please?
Personal attacks are against the group rules and lower the standard of debate. Thanks.

I never thought that singing about a lrish republican member of parliament was a crime. If so can someone point to the offence. After all he was democratically elected. BOBBY SANDS ANTI-BLOCK!

I never thought that singing about a lrish republican member of parliament was a crime. If so can someone point to the offence. After all he was democratically elected. BOBBY SANDS ANTI-BLOCK!

Democracy is what they used to call a lynch mob.
Democratic republic is lynch mob with the wizard of oz behind the curtain

Im no even sure what we have in UK.

Queen (The Monarch), Crown (the thing on the queen head, and allegedly the body that selects the queen and therefore above the Monarch), House of Lords (elected by the Monarch or the crown), House of commons elected by voters (meant to be the democratic part) and last but not least the strange place you can't really find anything about with a completely alien set of laws and constitutions yet supposedly part of UK (The City square mile aka the Corporation of London aka one of two cities inside the greater City of London) Mayor of greater London and the lesser spotted lord Mayor of the corporation of the inner City of London. Its bit like Monaco in that it has its own special status different laws different customs different taxes (allegedly most companies in City square pay very little tax). Yet try finding anything out about the place. What exactly going on there. Queen has a ticket through St Pauls Cathedral, Bank of england and world finance, Media, And the burgesses through the aldermen and livery companies, highest law courts, including the strange Hustings court of lesser spotted variety.

What exactly is that Glorious revolution all about.

Why did King Billy reinstate the revoked terms in city of London square mile by Charles 2nd, is that got anything to do with the reason Charles will become George VII Rather than Charles III

Why is the City of London administration so different to UK constitution?
Why is it not democratic?
Why do they have veto officers in house of Commons?
Why is the city of London protected by 7 symbolic dragons at each entry point into the city?

Maybe a lynch mob, oops sorry a democracy would work better better without all the hidden administration behind the curtains.

Parliament in westminster gave the city of London bank of england the power to control the interest rates?

Strange that a democracy handed the creation of money to part of the Uk that is not democratically elected.

But didn't tell anyone that London square m,ile has different laws and different tax rates and different administration thats protected by the Glorious revolution.

Round heads Cromwell funded by London square mile
King Charles first funded by parliament

Guess that big civil war against the Nutty King v Cromwells new model professional army must have helped the Corporation of London to control the Crown.

But what exactly is the crown.

Its not a body

And nobody is above the law?

Thats is all just theory. But try finding out anything to clarify the theory.

The inner house of the hustings court of the corporation of london is only privy to the privy council. alas.

For a minute I thought I might have solved the matrix.

Heres my two bobs worth on rebel songs.

Lyrically most of them are about ethical resistance in one shape or form.
There are some rebel songs (off the top of my head I can't actually think of their title) that are really not fit for open public consumption.

They remind me of the struggle that my Irish ancestors fought and died for, and well, they may not be for all Celtic fans, since not all Celtic fans have irish ancestors, but I do think they are relevant reminders of much more oppressive regimes that administered these Islands once called the UK.

Most of these songs have real history in them that should never be forgotten. And although they don't represent Celtic they do represent a lot of the inner anger of lots of Celtic fans with Irish roots.

Personally I love some of the not so politically correct tunes that erupted into being in the 70's and 80's, but even most of these songs are historical songs to highlight what the MSM in those days refused to address.

But the ancient songs from around the 1916 rising and later the irish civil war period after partition and even the even older historical tunes are really a perspective of what our society pretends didn't really happen.

Now I can see why some people might not feel close to these songs and might think its not really for this period in the history of Celtic minded people, but nonetheless I think these songs are mostly valid songs, in my opinion, and I have absolutely no problem whatsoever singing these songs in Irish pubs and other venues, and that includes Celtic park.

They are part of my history and its part of history that I share with lots of other Celtic fans in and around the stadium. Ethical resistance to oppression is moral and even if its denied by society as immoral, then I think its time to think clearly what these people wrote these songs about and for whom.

Now I am open to persuasion that certain of these songs are not fit for public consumption. But of the hundreds of rebels songs I have heard over the years I have yet to find more than couple that could be interpreted as condoning unethical resistance.

Now you might ask but whats it got to do with Celtic per se. Nought really, but its has a lot to do remembering the damaged hearts, minds and psyche of 100s thousands of people who just so happen to be Celtic supporters.

Im deeply proud of some of these so called terrorists for their stand against wilful oppression of an entire country for hundreds of years. And even after they were displaced deliberately through starvation to other countries/continents the persecution didn't end. The evil regime that called itself the British Empire had poisoned the minds of most of its colonies, like here in Scotland for instance to hate Irish people simply because they were forcibly impoverished through their faith and language and customs.

And just incase you didn't know Celtic was formed to help feed the children of these forcibly impoverished and oppressed peoples who had also been forced to abandon their homeland to find some food. The Richest Empire in the world starved the people in its own UK. Even starved the veterans of the most famous War that Britain probably won, The battle of Waterloo was victorious and it was led by an Irishman and an army that came 75 percent from Ireland. And not 30 years later most of these ex heros of UK were starved to death by their psycho masters in Westminster purely because well they could sell corn for more to other people than people who had no money. And why did they have no money. They weren't allowed to work most jobs or own mostly any property simply because they had a more ancient faith.

So forgive me when I love these songs that remind me not to forget the terrible oppression of my people at the stadium I love which helped feed my family and friends ancestors when they needed it most.

And to this day while Celtic fans sing about ethical resistance the scum sing about glorying in the oppression murder and torture of my peoples through history.

Lest we forget

Aye indeed exactly right lest we forget that at any moment these rancid psychos will do it all over again just for kicks.

And then we will need people like Michael Collins, Tom Barry, Padraig Pearce, James Connolly, Robert Emmet, Wolfetone etc etc etc to stand up for the innocent people these madmen want to die.

Worth also remembering that when most of irish ancestors came here they already lived in UK. But still we hear songs about going home having lived here for 150 years hated and detested just for being forced to come here to get something to eat because these same people starved us out of our own country.

You don't like the songs. I do. I love the purely celtic songs too, but the rebel songs for me anyway will always be part of my irish and celtic ancestry.

And i do it by choice. While i don't believe blowing innocent people up is just. I do condone ethical resistance against slavery and oppression.

Thanks for reading.

I hope i didn't offend anyone, but if somehow i did then I apologise, but thats just my plain and simple point of view.

Like i said I'm open to persuasion

But most of the rebel songs are fit for public consumption even if the public in this country don't want to hear about the things they did to their own members of the UK just coz they were Irish.
Nailed it once again TET,beltin post,lest we forget,they ram 1690,nothing said so phuq them, sing it loud and sing it proud!!! HH

Democracy is what they used to call a lynch mob.
Democratic republic is lynch mob with the wizard of oz behind the curtain

Im no even sure what we have in UK.

Queen (The Monarch), Crown (the thing on the queen head, and allegedly the body that selects the queen and therefore above the Monarch), House of Lords (elected by the Monarch or the crown), House of commons elected by voters (meant to be the democratic part) and last but not least the strange place you can't really find anything about with a completely alien set of laws and constitutions yet supposedly part of UK (The City square mile aka the Corporation of London aka one of two cities inside the greater City of London) Mayor of greater London and the lesser spotted lord Mayor of the corporation of the inner City of London. Its bit like Monaco in that it has its own special status different laws different customs different taxes (allegedly most companies in City square pay very little tax). Yet try finding anything out about the place. What exactly going on there. Queen has a ticket through St Pauls Cathedral, Bank of england and world finance, Media, And the burgesses through the aldermen and livery companies, highest law courts, including the strange Hustings court of lesser spotted variety.

What exactly is that Glorious revolution all about.

Why did King Billy reinstate the revoked terms in city of London square mile by Charles 2nd, is that got anything to do with the reason Charles will become George VII Rather than Charles III

Why is the City of London administration so different to UK constitution?
Why is it not democratic?
Why do they have veto officers in house of Commons?
Why is the city of London protected by 7 symbolic dragons at each entry point into the city?

Maybe a lynch mob, oops sorry a democracy would work better better without all the hidden administration behind the curtains.

Parliament in westminster gave the city of London bank of england the power to control the interest rates?

Strange that a democracy handed the creation of money to part of the Uk that is not democratically elected.

But didn't tell anyone that London square m,ile has different laws and different tax rates and different administration thats protected by the Glorious revolution.

Round heads Cromwell funded by London square mile
King Charles first funded by parliament

Guess that big civil war against the Nutty King v Cromwells new model professional army must have helped the Corporation of London to control the Crown.

But what exactly is the crown.

Its not a body

And nobody is above the law?

Thats is all just theory. But try finding out anything to clarify the theory.

The inner house of the hustings court of the corporation of london is only privy to the privy council. alas.

For a minute I thought I might have solved the matrix.

I should add I think the orange order is the administration and propaganda unit for the New Model army after it changed its name (red coats of the British Empire). Hence the need to keep the British bulldog fed its meat when it starts to growl.

Whose gonna rule Brittania without the Bulldog

Last edited:
TET most of what you say is bang on.
Have ever heard of thing called "the crown estate" would make a thief blush not tech savvy to give a link mate but fuck me there's a reason that midden is in the top 5 richest people in the world! HH

I think a new rebel song about this odd place might be worth putting into the domain if any poets fancy it hahahaha

Old link now. Guess the propaganda machine drowned out the protests. But I remember seeing little snippets but couldn't get my head round what all the protestors where getting shuffled around about at the time.

A bit like the Ukraine v Russia war and before that the Russia Georgia war. One day it was big news. Next day it was never really mentioned again. Even the rocket attacks on Syria defended by Russia recently. Was world war 3 one day. then next day just not covered on the news. Guess that donkey eating grass story was bigger news the next day.

The protests about City square mile and its strange status not really known by many in UK.
Hardly touches the topic but at least the Guardian tried to open some sleeping eyes. But trying to get clarity just puts you back to sleep. All I know is if everybody in UK was aware of what Square mile can get away with Im certain it might actually be worth exploring. But sadly that would involve independent media and since media is part of the square mile along with the other 3 estates church/monarch, Law/Finance, Burgesses/secret societies/trade then I doubt they would shop themselves into the people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/oct/31/corporation-london-city-medieval

I think a new rebel song about this odd place might be worth putting into the domain if any poets fancy it hahahaha

Old link now. Guess the propaganda machine drowned out the protests. But I remember seeing little snippets but couldn't get my head round what all the protestors where getting shuffled around about at the time.

A bit like the Ukraine v Russia war and before that the Russia Georgia war. One day it was big news. Next day it was never really mentioned again. Even the rocket attacks on Syria defended by Russia recently. Was world war 3 one day. then next day just not covered on the news. Guess that donkey eating grass story was bigger news the next day.

The protests about City square mile and its strange status not really known by many in UK.
Hardly touches the topic but at least the Guardian tried to open some sleeping eyes. But trying to get clarity just puts you back to sleep. All I know is if everybody in UK was aware of what Square mile can get away with Im certain it might actually be worth exploring. But sadly that would involve independent media and since media is part of the square mile along with the other 3 estates church/monarch, Law/Finance, Burgesses/secret societies/trade then I doubt they would shop themselves into the people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/oct/31/corporation-london-city-medieval
Mate love your true objective. The reaitly will always be with the "state" no question it's always in the I "interest of the state " HH

Mate love your true objective. The reaitly will always be with the "state" no question it's always in the I "interest of the state " HH

Its like the gladiator matches have been replaced with the pantomime football drug for the masses.

Hahahahaha

That referee let the lions eat him. Bring out the next gladiator but get shot of that referee he aint trying to protect the gladiators. I don't think that referee likes the barbarians very much. He was trained at the Senate and worships the emperor, next match is up its the gladiator from Gaul with the big muscles and big sword v the wee Pict with dress blue face and dagger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back