Hibs V Celtic

Very disappointing. Lack of urgency was, for me, unacceptable. Lack of substitutions puzzling. Form is something no manager can have control over. What he does have control over though, is taking a player off if he's not anywhere near his best. Pointless singling out individuals, because, worryingly, there were a few. If we're honest, we've been scraping by. A very testing ten games ahead

A whole team should not go off the boil all at once. All the excuses in the world cannot account for a performance like this. Ange simply saying, it is not good enough and that he won't accept it is not acceptable. It needs to be sorted out. There are glaring deficiencies such as awful passing, lack of fight, backward balls continuously slowing down play. Mc Gregor was the main culprit of this. No inventiveness, Free kicks not even testing their keeper, reliance on crossing from wide areas against a team that can comfortably defend this, perseverance with players who from an early stage were obviously off their game. Hatate and Rogic in particular. And our corners are a joke. This is now a team that is going to throw a league title and all else that goes with it away, unless something is done urgently. All of these issues can be tackled on the training ground or by a few hard selection decisions. I had no problem with the starting eleven. It'a what happened when they were on the pitch. Absolutely furious.

Last edited:
no proper plan
midfield who are constantly too far from the defence and dont stay in centre of pitch or try to find space for low fast passing

1 tiny striker with lots of overly high passes

and generally a poor shape that doesnt create many chances

we have midfielders who can pass ball fast and can shoot from outside box but they are either too wide or too far from the ball in congested areas to do anything they do well

without proper midfield moving into space looking for ball trying to create space to receive short passes space will be looked down everywhere

And if space is looked down and you have 1 tiny striker you are unlikely to create very much

on top of all that we expose our goal to counter attack by haviong such top heavy forward line that spends most of the game trying top scramble back when opps counter turnover which happens a lot if your midfield is not functioning in centre of pitch

its just plain shite tactics

but its same every game recently

if your gonna play wide football like ange wants to do you need at least 2 central stikers

with at least 1 of 2 proficient with high ball crosses

its not good to watch

it creates very little

And its no efficient especially when your away from home

tactically ange sucks ass imo
That bad were top of the league

A typically laboured post Europe performance. Its been happening for years irrespective of who the players/manager is. Never looked like losing, cant even think of Hart having to make a save, but didn't look like winning it. Our lack of attacking options from the bench isn't helping either.
After our last dropped points, the draw at St Mirren just before Christmas, we won 8 games in a row. Repeat that and we win the league.

A whole team should not go off the boil all at once. All the excuses in the world cannot account for a performance like this. Ange simply saying, it is not good enough and that he won't accept it is not acceptable. It needs to be sorted out. There are glaring deficiencies such as awful passing, lack of fight, backward balls continuously slowing down play. Mc Gregor was the main culprit of this. No inventiveness, Free kicks not even testing their keeper, reliance on crossing from wide areas against a team that can comfortably defend this, perseverance with players who from an early stage were obviously off their game. Hatate and Rogic in particular. And our corners are a joke. This is now a team that is going to throw a league title away, unless something is done urgently. All of these issues can be tackled on the training ground or by a few hard selection decisions. I had no problem with the starting eleven. It'a what happened when they were on the pitch. Absolutely furious.
They did with Lennon. Disappointing as I thought Ange had sorted this out. But based on the last few performances I’m not so sure. Hope I’m wrong and this is just a temporary form dip.

Piss poor today I agree
But a lot of people have to realise we’re lucky to even have a sniff this year
So I’ll give credit to the manager and players for where we are rather than criticise them the first time we drop points in months
Very fair comments Stg. Absolutely agree, but with the improvement has come a rise in expectations. A number of players levels have dropped . Bench should've been used more than it was.

So after today, 10 games to go and ahead by 1 point - am assuming that Tav will score the 2 pens given today. Let’s be honest though, if we had been offered that at the start of the season we’d have snapped the hand off, and probably a fair bit of the arm.
But we do need to get out of this slump soon - today has been coming for weeks. Very few pass marks for players today and we missed big Jackie - not at all convinced by Maeda - as others have said where were the changes? Could have had Jamesie on to replace Maeda might have just shaken it up a bit.

I know wee Sean will not be giving a toss what I or any other Celtic fan thinks as he will be celebrating winning a point, but I expected more from a Hibs team managed by Maloney. Despite pre-match rumours, it still seemed to be a very strong team selection, but their tactics were brutal to watch. Just sit very deep, win a succession of free kicks by falling over to kill the game and constantly waste time. Even before Nisbet went off injured their tactics were anti-football.

We have to learn how to play better against these deep lying teams that park the bus, as we struggle too much although usually find a way to win.

Move on and learn a tough lesson. No league trophies are awarded in February so we have to fight hard and keep up the intensity for the rest of the season.

Of all the times weve played at Easter rd today the game was there for the taking more so than I can remember.
Very disjointed display though never in trouble thankfully. The Doidge run was a hold your breath moment as I felt certain someone would clip him but didnt .
It's really disappointing to rest the side to get no benefit at all so why bother and we've lost momentum.
As disappointed as I am , though having seen our recent displays 1 point may well turn out to be a good one as hibs play better often against sevco.
I must be realistic though and remind myself that we are ahead of schedule and our manager and board like the rest of us have surely realised that the current squad isnt good enough to play angeball, not every game , not domestically either.
On our game were brilliant, off it a bit makes me want to see 2 strikers when angeball isnt working after an hour.
Weve been amazing this season I genuinely believe that.
Every side has a lull of sorts during the season and we are still despite that 4 points clear, 5 if you count gd , something I expect them to try and rain in today.
It was great beating them and how it was done at last, but that's not the goal. Beating them means little if we drop points elsewhere.
Hibs are also an improving side with decent players.
No way am i trying to excuse today whatsoever how can you.
We just need something from someone to give us back that spark that has taken us to where we are.
I'm disappointed as we all are but I think we all need to step back a little , remember the reality check that bodo dished out and that we're title leaders.
Weve the making of a great side that's very much in the making stage.
We didnt lose and increased the lead. It's the best we can hope for if we cant win the game and last season we'd have lost that game.
They will drop points also I'm sure .
Keep the faith is the order of the day
( for me , I dont have the authority to order yous to keep the faith ) but I will say
" keep the faith aw yous RIGHT!! HH"

Gonna make a bold prediction here; we will still be four points clear at 5 o clock.
Remember my mid-week prediction? Celtic and Dortmund still in the hat on Friday.
That’s the type o game the fuckin sevvie filth get there obligatory penalty in.
Clancy did his utmost to break the game up. Nearly every challenge by a Celtic player a free kick to Hibs. There were 27 mins gone before Celtic got a free kick. Head knock to Starfelt- play on, a pretend head knock for Porteous - game stopped. The bookings for Rogic and Starfelt were shockers too.
Mon the Well.
Still got Kyogo to come back too.

Gonna make a bold prediction here; we will still be four points clear at 5 o clock.
Remember my mid-week prediction? Celtic and Dortmund still in the hat on Friday.
That’s the type o game the fuckin sevvie filth get there obligatory penalty in.
Clancy did his utmost to break the game up. Nearly every challenge by a Celtic player a free kick to Hibs. There were 27 mins gone before Celtic got a free kick. Head knock to Starfelt- play on, a pretend head knock for Porteous - game stopped. The bookings for Rogic and Starfelt were shockers too.
Mon the Well.
Still got Kyogo to come back too.
Your like me richy
We extended our lead today …. So far 🙄

I know wee Sean will not be giving a toss what I or any other Celtic fan thinks as he will be celebrating winning a point, but I expected more from a Hibs team managed by Maloney. Despite pre-match rumours, it still seemed to be a very strong team selection, but their tactics were brutal to watch. Just sit very deep, win a succession of free kicks by falling over to kill the game and constantly waste time. Even before Nisbet went off injured their tactics were anti-football.

We have to learn how to play better against these deep lying teams that park the bus, as we struggle too much although usually find a way to win.

Move on and learn a tough lesson. No league trophies are awarded in February so we have to fight hard and keep up the intensity for the rest of the season.
The sit in defence is something the team have come up against most of the season in particular Livi but we still don't seem able to find a way to not struggle to break it down today players looked to others to take the responsibility from them out wide players might have tried getting into the box with the ball more than just putting in crosses to Maeda who was up against guys a lot taller a bad day but one that needs to be learned from

Just saying we have to learn how to play these deep lying teams aint gonna make it happen BB. Somebody will have to take action and do something. We are thin on front men with KF and GG out. Maeda isn’t a target man like say Sutton or BBJ. Our wide men couldn’t hit a barn door today notably Jota and there was little threat from the midfield area. I don’t know how we fix this TBH. Short of those 2 returning that is.

Very fair comments Stg. Absolutely agree, but with the improvement has come a rise in expectations. A number of players levels have dropped . Bench should've been used more than it was.
Yes frank
But given where we came from at winter break I’d think people would cut them a bit of slack
It’s a very new team and these performances happen from time to time
It’s all going to be on the 2 games we have left versus them
If we get them right there no stopping us
And hopefully we have our talisman back by then

Just saying we have to learn how to play these deep lying teams aint gonna make it happen BB. Somebody will have to take action and do something. We are thin on front men with KF and GG out. Maeda isn’t a target man like say Sutton or BBJ. Our wide men couldn’t hit a barn door today notably Jota and there was little threat from the midfield area. I don’t know how we fix this TBH. Short of those 2 returning that is.
Some times it comes down to just how much a team wants it Bb. If the form takes a dip, then roll the sleeves up and compete. Do that and ability will, more often than not, return . Playing at a slow tempo is very easy to defend against.

Members online

Latest posts

Back