Hibs V Celtic

Gonna make a bold prediction here; we will still be four points clear at 5 o clock.
Remember my mid-week prediction? Celtic and Dortmund still in the hat on Friday.
That’s the type o game the fuckin sevvie filth get there obligatory penalty in.
Clancy did his utmost to break the game up. Nearly every challenge by a Celtic player a free kick to Hibs. There were 27 mins gone before Celtic got a free kick. Head knock to Starfelt- play on, a pretend head knock for Porteous - game stopped. The bookings for Rogic and Starfelt were shockers too.
Mon the Well.
Still got Kyogo to come back too.
What was going on with all the stray second footballs being pinned across the field as play was in motion? It wasnt once, twice or 3 times and the other time wasting as well. Porteus should get a retrospective card for that blatant cheating. They were all at it the whole hibs team.
I doubt Maloney learnt to park the bus with Belgium .
Thought the ref dealt with time wasting as best as possible.
I would like to see Ange mix things up a bit more with strategy , formation and making changes sooner. He cant have 1 strategy alone being a top manager and we have seen him change things but often reacting late.
This is going to be some run in that sevco I'm sure will believe shall be settled by the 2 derby outcomes but it wont be.
Clubs are fighting now for survival, top 6, european football. They're hungry and we look slightly leggy. Not surprising really for a new team many of whom wouldve not been starting regularly. Every games a cup final for us now and right now I couldnt care less about the treble.
Title 100٪.

Games like today happen but as fans we hope the team will win every week won't always happen but then in games like today we tend to examine in more depth what players are doing or not doing. Things like Hart Starfelt and CCV making an absolute balls off a free kick that ended up with a corner to Hibs when the ball should have been played up the park summed up our game today we only really showed any urgency when Oriley came on plenty of room for improvement moving on just need to shake the loss of form we are in at the moment

Yes frank
But given where we came from at winter break I’d think people would cut them a bit of slack
It’s a very new team and these performances happen from time to time
It’s all going to be on the 2 games we have left versus them
If we get them right there no stopping us
And hopefully we have our talisman back by then
Yes poor performances happen from time time but IMO we haven’t performed well since the 1st half against the huns. This seems (at least to me) to be developing into a worrying trend. Yes we’ve been winning games but not by cricket scores and some of those could easily have resulted in points dropped. I hope Ange has the fix for this lapse because if he doesn’t we will run out of luck sooner or later.

Had a very bad feeling this morning, in fact for a couple of days regarding this game, now I know the reason why.
We have become so predictable now in our play, we have made it far to easy to defend against us now.
Stay disciplined, as we still remain as a one trick pony in our set up and how we are going to go about a game.
Sides aren't bothered about letting us play about going nowhere as they know chances may still come there way on the counter or set play.
We are currently playing on moments within a game, which are becoming less by the game now.
With us now becoming so predictable and obvious in our play, it has become even worse imo that we still aren't prepared to change anything and message sent out today that no one on the bench is going to offer us anything better within our system of play.
Players seem to be looking for inspiration from somewhere and we are lacking currently for anyone to provide that, and that includes Ange also at present.
Either be prepared to actually change and mix things up now or this title is going to have to be won upon scraps of chances creating, and it's not like we are totally clinical when them chances come our way either.
Very disappointed all round today and improvements need to be found urgently now.

Our dip in form is due to the slower pace we play with now. When we were moving the ball faster we were destroying teams. Don’t know if we slowed our pace down due to the amount of hamstring injuries we were picking up
Or the players just arent fit/ good enough to play angeball for 100 minutes every 3 days.
Some are , some arent there yet and may never be.
It's clear that to play the way Ange wants we need more higher quality player recruits but that's not possible just now.
This Celtic side has so many creative players in it that when it's not working for us v parks of hamilton going with 2 up front for the last 30 minutes is not a huge leap of faith. If these players can grasp the concept of angeball they can grasp strategic changes when they see who is coming on and going off.
30 direct free kicks for zero goals return this season ' a stat that flashed up at 29/0' is very poor for any Celtic side.
I hope that Ange is learning that Scottish football might not have the best reputation abroad outside of the Glasgow clubs but it's better than many and most give it credit for certainly defensive.
Hibs played for the single point today and that's disappointing from a club that traditionally has a go against us as in recent times have had joy in results at easter rd.
If there was ever a time to break this livi away run this is it we simply must beat them and I think that we will this time HH

Whoever thought this teams better than O'Neils team is PERMANENTLY pissed m8! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.. Fuxsake Harston, Sutton, Larsson not tae mention Lubo, Lambert, Thompson, even Lennon.. Wid Fukin MURDER THEM!!
That wasn't the feeling at the time Sean, when we destroyed the scum?
Put the fear into the whole of Scottish football then and rightly so. Since then teams have gotten smarter where are own quality has gone missing in action

Yes frank
But given where we came from at winter break I’d think people would cut them a bit of slack
It’s a very new team and these performances happen from time to time
It’s all going to be on the 2 games we have left versus them
If we get them right there no stopping us
And hopefully we have our talisman back by then
Were stages in that game were Hibs looked flat out. However, we are not showing the form we played against the huns or neither have we been giving teams a doing before half time, a theme we were associated with before struggling to hold on to that tempo in second halfs. Think we need rotation. but its not allowing for settled teams, think it's time to get rid of guys who just will not cut it or add any value to our play and try trim down to two decent squads of players who can come straight in without disruption the pattern or the pace.

Players egos are fragile things.
Is it a coincidence they haven’t kicked a baw since Ange’s “ we’re not even close “ comment after the hun rout?
Just throwin it out there…

I don't know how much slack we can keep cutting this team now.

Last weekend saw a battling win over Dundee. They dug in and got the win. But it was Dundee. Who got gubbed 0-4 at home to Livingston yesterday.

Those two performances against Bodø Glimpt were abject. The only positive is we have less games and can concentrate on the league. Only to produce that rubbish today.

And it's not just recently. At Hearts we almost give up a two goal lead, saved for a missed penalty. At Aberdeen we succeed in doing that and won with a scrambled third.

The manager has been backed in the transfer window. No more excuses.

Or the players just arent fit/ good enough to play angeball for 100 minutes every 3 days.
Some are , some arent there yet and may never be.
It's clear that to play the way Ange wants we need more higher quality player recruits but that's not possible just now.
This Celtic side has so many creative players in it that when it's not working for us v parks of hamilton going with 2 up front for the last 30 minutes is not a huge leap of faith. If these players can grasp the concept of angeball they can grasp strategic changes when they see who is coming on and going off.
30 direct free kicks for zero goals return this season ' a stat that flashed up at 29/0' is very poor for any Celtic side.
I hope that Ange is learning that Scottish football might not have the best reputation abroad outside of the Glasgow clubs but it's better than many and most give it credit for certainly defensive.
Hibs played for the single point today and that's disappointing from a club that traditionally has a go against us as in recent times have had joy in results at easter rd.
If there was ever a time to break this livi away run this is it we simply must beat them and I think that we will this time HH
Man united went 104 set plays/corners without scoring up til last week?Dont know wit that’s got to do way us??just a stat 🤷‍♂️

Had a very bad feeling this morning, in fact for a couple of days regarding this game, now I know the reason why.
We have become so predictable now in our play, we have made it far to easy to defend against us now.
Stay disciplined, as we still remain as a one trick pony in our set up and how we are going to go about a game.
Sides aren't bothered about letting us play about going nowhere as they know chances may still come there way on the counter or set play.
We are currently playing on moments within a game, which are becoming less by the game now.
With us now becoming so predictable and obvious in our play, it has become even worse imo that we still aren't prepared to change anything and message sent out today that no one on the bench is going to offer us anything better within our system of play.
Players seem to be looking for inspiration from somewhere and we are lacking currently for anyone to provide that, and that includes Ange also at present.
Either be prepared to actually change and mix things up now or this title is going to have to be won upon scraps of chances creating, and it's not like we are totally clinical when them chances come our way either.
Very disappointed all round today and improvements need to be found urgently now.
Absolutely Jn a real hard watch today

Take the point today. Hibs played really well.On to St Mirren Wednesday. Tense runin for all teams. League still on and cup.

Ally hibs had zero shots on target today?they constantly wasted time,,the rat bastard ref booked a hibs player for time wasting on 96min?celtic were rank,,we had five subs to use to change the game!!was forced into the one change we made,,Miss wee Kyogo badly.☘️

Ally hibs had zero shots on target today?they constantly wasted time,,the rat bastard ref booked a hibs player for time wasting on 96min?celtic were rank,,we had five subs to use to change the game!!was forced into the one change we made,,Miss wee Kyogo badly.☘️
Missing turnbull also imo, for a team that likes to play 2 attacking midfielders, I find it strange just how few times either one will actually make a run into the box, still happy to sit around the edge of the area and allowing just a small CF and equally just as small winger to contest a lobbed ball into the middle?
Surely we can offer better than that for most of that game we watched

Back