Holidays.

Which couldn't hold a candle to Londerston Bay
Bus doon the road, big fire going, boiling the tatties in the big pot, my granny hauled doon there
Tents on the beach and fresh caught clabby doos, running aboot like 'Lord of the flies' until it was time for the adults to get the cairry oot...oot, and the weans in their bed
Ah, such great memories
Millport was a rerr wee place, played in a tournament there one Summer
This from the 50's, my Mum and dad camping over in Kilcreggan
Note the kettle on the fire and the rest of the family setting up the tents
Those were the days
View attachment 22905
No fancy poncy tents then mate!!real outdoors😂your auld bhoys rockin that doo!!wap..🕺🏻simpler times..

Starfelt and Jacynta holiday, think they’re at Millport 👍

No a patch on Saltcoats/ ardrossan beach,,roon the corner to Stevenson beach were it was tropical ☀️☀️ma maw/da and twelve weans in a two room flat😬😂😂uncle drove us doon in his TA army truck like fuckin marines!!!
Bus doon the road, big fire going, boiling the tatties in the big pot, my granny hauled doon there
Tents on the beach and fresh caught clabby doos, running aboot like 'Lord of the flies' until it was time for the adults to get the cairry oot...oot, and the weans in their bed
Ah, such great memories
Those were the days
View attachment 22905
Awe great holidays bhoys back in the day and I still visit all those places noo and again for prosperity...Great memories and happy days ...💚🤍💛

The Deadner's Armagh has a mall among other unmentionable and unsavoury 'attractions'. :ROFLMAO:
Ah the mall in armagh city. If ye want to see a shithole that's the place to go. Or if you want a shitierhole, why not head to 26's neck of the woods and pay a visit to the beautiful washing bay area of Coalisland County tyrone. In actual fact the name might be a little bit misleading as I don't think washing has been invented there yet. But hey knock yourself out, literally with the stink. As my oul fella would say, the smells that fuckin bad, you could hang your cap on it!

True mate,,of all the many holidays me and my siblings have had they’re the ones we often pish ourselves laughing at on family occasions,,,even funerals😂
That's very true what you just said there mate and like yourself we had a big team of us arriving on mass ...Still talk about them days whilst slagging each other when we all get together and have a good old chuckle as you say. Never leaves you 😊

Ah, such great memories
Those were the days
View attachment 22905
They were proper holidays once everyone got over the big fall oot putting the tents up 👍😂

Still remember the early /mid sixties us and our relatives fae Paisley down in Saltcoats for the fare fortnight, 2 to a bed was for the Adults for us wains 4 tae a bed, but we thought we were rich 😂😂.

I remember my da one morning asking me and my cousins if we wanted to go out for breakfast... Bloody hell aye... Gave us all a bucket and sent us down the beach to pick wulks.... First time I ever had a takeaway 😂🏖️😂🏖️😂.

Tried the same on my own sons many yrs later, wan wulk and they were offski in disgust 🤢 a bit sick they were... 😂

Still remember the early /mid sixties us and our relatives fae Paisley down in Saltcoats for the fare fortnight, 2 to a bed was for the Adults for us wains 4 tae a bed, but we thought we were rich 😂😂.

I remember my da one morning asking me and my cousins if we wanted to go out for breakfast... Bloody hell aye... Gave us all a bucket and sent us down the beach to pick wulks.... First time I ever had a takeaway 😂🏖️😂🏖️😂.

Tried the same on my own sons many yrs later, wan wulk and they were offski in disgust 🤢 a bit sick they were... 😂
I remember those days well 50. The seas were that rich you didn’t have to look far for a load of mussels,wulks and clams. And that was before you got the hand line oot tae fish 👍😊😎

Holidays for me back in the day , England . Margate Bournemouth Whitley Bay Scarborough. Then after Spain we had an apartment in Torremolinos. Happy days . I remember watching Clay fight Cooper for heavyweight boxing champion of the world in Margate. Just a boy back then was asked who I wanted to win I said Clay of course, why said the English, ireplied because I don't want to see any Englishman win anything. Caught the back hand of father who then told me we are guests here you have to be diplomatic. Needless to say hopes of joining diplomatic corps dashed.

8 of us loaded in the back of a Zephyer in the middle of the night the back looked like corpses thrown in you slept where you fell off to Wales ,,,,,ffs no place closer ,,,,,hours spent on the motorway everyone take turns dying for a pish

Are we there yet are we there yet , some gettin left at the services because they weren't quick enough to jump in to the getaway car

arrive at the golden sands caravan park ,,,,,the beaches were all pebbles and rocks , it was like a holiday in a open air quarry 2 weeks of chaos , fkd off the shows , banned from the carts , chucked out the mini disco , and held back from the breakfast club cos we ate to much

:cool: wales cheered when we left

Last edited by a moderator:
They were proper holidays once everyone got over the big fall oot putting the tents up 👍😂
My uncles were the 'experts' at putting the tents up, so they got on with it, just after we got there
The weemin got the grub on the go, and the oldest kids were in charge of keeping the rest of us away from the sea creatures which littered the beach, and the dangers of rip tides o the Clyde
Simpler days indeed, when nobody felt superior to anyone else
Great memories

HH

Ah the mall in armagh city. If ye want to see a shithole that's the place to go. Or if you want a shitierhole, why not head to 26's neck of the woods and pay a visit to the beautiful washing bay area of Coalisland County tyrone. In actual fact the name might be a little bit misleading as I don't think washing has been invented there yet. But hey knock yourself out, literally with the stink. As my oul fella would say, the smells that fuckin bad, you could hang your cap on it!
Armagh, where the county GAA supporters call themselves Orangemen and the most successful GAA club is Rangers. You'd wonder at them being a wee bit bitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back