'I think I know how to win titles,' Lennon hits back at 'New Breed' of Celtic supporters

Even though I'm not in favour of Lenny getting the gig permanently this time round I still love the guy because he's been a fucking warrior both on and off the pitch for Celtic and he has had to put up with some amount of shit from all directions ever since he set foot in this country while at the same time carrying his own personal burdens as a person. If we were basing our choice of manager on strength of character and resilience alone I'd give Lenny the job in a heartbeat because nobody would even come close on that front.

I also think Lenny maybe has a point about the 'new breed' who's only ever seen success and not experienced the dark times, maybe they have become a little entitled and don't quite appreciate how lucky they've been to witness title after title, cup after cup, treble after treble. Those of us who remember what it was like in the 90's know how fucking dark those days were for Celtic Football Club and for us as supporters. Having to endure every excruciating moment as that openly sectarian and proud of it toxic outfit across the city endlessly rubbed our noses in it by parading big name signings and racking up title after title setting them on course to eventually equal the Lions historic 9IAR record while we also had to endure watching the Kelly's and the White's run our club so far into the ground they nearly ended it's very existence, shite players and losing games were the least of our worries, we were facing up to the prospect of losing our club ffs.

Aye Lenny was entitled to have his say today, I admire him as ever for having the balls to say it and he hit the mark with most of it BUT where he was wrong was in his assumption that it was only the 'new breed' that had reservations about him getting the job permanently. I like many others that are not part of the 'new breed' also have doubts and they were there before the defeat at the weekend, these next 2 seasons are massive, this is in essence payback time for the 90's and an opportunity to put those dark days to rest while making history in the process.

The thought of maybe jeopardising all that by not doing ALL we can to secure the best equipped manager and players we can to achieve it doesn't even bear thinking about. I love Lenny I really do but this is too big, too important to be taking risks with and I can't help feeling that appointing Lenny at this time is too big a risk.

This is bigger than Lenny and if ever there was a time to make all that progress over the last 20 years and our financial advantage count then this is it.

Last edited:
Big Vagner doing his thang!!
Even though I'm not in favour of Lenny getting the gig permanently this time round I still love the guy because he's been a fucking warrior both on and off the pitch for Celtic and he has had to put up with some amount of shit from all directions ever since he set foot in this country while at the same time carrying his own personal burdens as a person. If we were basing our choice of manager on strength of character and resilience alone I'd give Lenny the job in a heartbeat because nobody would even come close on that front.

I also think Lenny maybe has a point about the 'new breed' who's only ever seen success and not experienced the dark times, maybe they have become a little entitled and don't quite appreciate how lucky they've been to witness title after title, cup after cup, treble after treble. Those of us who remember what it was like in the 90's know how fucking dark those days were for Celtic Football Club and for us as supporters. Having to endure every excruciating moment as that openly sectarian and proud of it toxic outfit across the city endlessly rubbed our noses in it by parading big name signings and racking up title after title setting them on course to eventually equal the Lions historic 9IAR record while we had to endure watching the Kelly's and the White's run our club so far into the ground they nearly ended it's very existence, shite players and losing games were the least of our worries, we were facing up to the prospect of losing our club ffs.

Aye Lenny was entitled to have his say today, I admire him as ever for having the balls to say it and he hit the mark with most of it BUT where he was wrong was in his assumption that it was only the 'new breed' that had reservations about him getting the job permanently. I like many others that are not part of the 'new breed' also have doubts and they were there before the defeat at the weekend, these next 2 seasons are massive, this is in essence fucking payback time for the 90's and an opportunity to put those dark days to rest while making history in the process.

The thought of maybe jeopardising all that by not doing ALL we can to secure the best equipped manager and players we can to achieve it doesn't even bear thinking about. I love Lenny I really do but this is too big, too important to be taking risks with and I can't help feeling that appointing Lenny at this time is too big a risk.

This is bigger than Lenny and if ever there was a time to make all that progress over the last 20 years and our financial advantage count then this is it.
well put?

I also think Lenny maybe has a point about the 'new breed' who's only ever seen success and not experienced the dark times, maybe they have become a little entitled and don't quite appreciate how lucky they've been to witness title after title, cup after cup, treble after treble. Those of us who remember what it was like in the 90's know how fucking dark those days were for Celtic Football Club and for us as supporters. Having to endure every excruciating moment as that openly sectarian and proud of it toxic outfit across the city endlessly rubbed our noses in it by parading big name signings and racking up title after title setting them on course to eventually equal the Lions historic 9IAR record while we had to endure watching the Kelly's and the White's run our club so far into the ground they nearly ended it's very existence, shite players and losing games were the least of our worries, we were facing up to the prospect of losing our club ffs.

Aye Lenny was entitled to have his say today, I admire him as ever for having the balls to say it and he hit the mark with most of it BUT where he was wrong was in his assumption that it was only the 'new breed' that had reservations about him getting the job permanently. I like many others that are not part of the 'new breed' also have doubts and they were there before the defeat at the weekend, these next 2 seasons are massive, this is in essence fucking payback time for the 90's and an opportunity to put those dark days to rest while making history in the process.

Hail Hail Andy,gettin to 10 kills them,revenge is a dish best served cold!

Might not agree with every word in your post there Andy but that was passionate from the heart and all about Celtic first. Loved it

????. Wagnerville. Who knows.

Sorry Maria a keep trying to upload a video of Wagner,just out his kip singing “when your in love with a beautiful women”it was my son paid him to sing it on valentines for his girlfriend but the dozy cunt fell asleep ??and ma son got his number and gave him dogs abuse,so he got up at two in the morning and done his bit,,,funniest thing av seen in ages..but don’t know why it’s not coming up,,,ah well!!

The cheek of us, having aspirations eh? We'll be expecting to beat the huns in every game as well. Wit we like.

And slow Michael ✊
like suppin a cauld Stella on a hot summers day Maria,25th more history, we don't appreciate we are livin in historical times,until history is made,did ah think in 1967 what we were about to achieve!!!!,we know we're not entitled tae trebles,tae 9 tae 10,tae european glory everything we've won we've fought for,ah know, cos a wiz there! Hail Hail!

like suppin a cauld Stella on a hot summers day Maria,25th more history, we don't appreciate we are livin in historical times,until history is made,did ah think in 1967 what we were about to achieve!!!!,we know we're not entitled tae trebles,tae 9 tae 10,tae european glory everything we've won we've fought for,ah know, cos a wiz there! Hail Hail!

Thats it in a nutshell for me Michael. We have and must always fight for it.

Anything less is a meaningless dis-service to the principles we were raised with.

HH pal ☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back