If not Howe, Who?

So Howe was the preferred candidate but turned the job down. We need another manager ASAP. I admit that Ange has never been on my radar even though I knew him already. On hearing that he was being considered my first thought was not fear that he could not do the job but admiration for the Board thinking outside the box. If Ange is appointed I hope we will all get behind him and lay any anxieties to rest or at least unaired. We have just ended our worst season in a decade. I can tell you that Ange will never accept a player who puts on kilos during the close season. He will never accept a player not giving everything for the club. He knows that his first task is to qualify for the Group stages of the CL which we have not achieved for a few years. If we get there I hope that posters are big enough to back him publicly.

Mind watching the Irish beating the Italians at the 94 world cup John ,Ray Houghton screamer ,what a team they had back then.Nearly caused an argument in ma house with ma da being have Irish and an Italian mother 🤣
Great days alright, and still not enough credit given to how well they could actually play them days.
Absolutely disgraceful the decline in Irish football

So Howe was the preferred candidate but turned the job down. We need another manager ASAP. I admit that Ange has never been on my radar even though I knew him already. On hearing that he was being considered my first thought was not fear that he could not do the job but admiration for the Board thinking outside the box. If Ange is appointed I hope we will all get behind him and lay any anxieties to rest or at least unaired. We have just ended our worst season in a decade. I can tell you that Ange will never accept a player who puts on kilos during the close season. He will never accept a player not giving everything for the club. He knows that his first task is to qualify for the Group stages of the CL which we have not achieved for a few years. If we get there I hope that posters are big enough to back him publicly.
I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong if the wizard of oz turns out to be a success as its hardly something we want to be right about.
And can I see the players buying into him? Naw
Can I see players wanting to join us and play under his management? Naw
So without any reputation worthy of speaking about then the future looks bleak.
Also nowadays players get a manager the sack very easily if they turn against you and not much sign of any respect been shown towards management last season, so a man who hasn't earned any respect in European football is just going to wave his magic wand and suddenly make everything all well again in the camp? Naw can't see it happening

I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong if the wizard of oz turns out to be a success as its hardly something we want to be right about.
And can I see the players buying into him? Naw
Can I see players wanting to join us and play under his management? Naw
So without any reputation worthy of speaking about then the future looks bleak.
Also nowadays players get a manager the sack very easily if they turn against you and not much sign of any respect been shown towards management last season, so a man who hasn't earned any respect in European football is just going to wave his magic wand and suddenly make everything all well again in the camp? Naw can't see it happening
Sorry John, You normally write a lot of sense but that says a lot more about your pessimism than it does about Ange. Any evidence of players not buying into him? Of course not.
Any evidence of players not wanting to join and play? Of course not. Anxiety is always about the future. About what we imagine will or will not happen. Anxiety is caused by having a mistaken belief and then making the mistake of believing it.
Have you even read his track record of success. Or does his success in Australia, Japan and at the World Cup and Asia Cup make him somehow inferior to the likes of Roy Keane, John Hughes and John Kennedy? The Scottish League of 50 years ago produced Scottish teams that could compete in Europe such as Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Dundee United. Scottish football is a shrinking pond that has two big fish that struggle to compete in Europe.

Sheffield United were the worst team in the EPL yet earned $91 million pounds even in a COVID ravaged year

The Celtic Football Club who ruled the decade in Scottish Premiership by winning the league for 9 years in a row is now facing financial problems like any other club in the world right now. Celtic's annual revenue growth declined by 15% to £70.2m from £83.4m in 2019 which also impacted Celtic FC players salaries.9/02/2021

Am I pessimistic of Scottish football achieving in Europe ? Of Celtic reaching two finals and two semi-finals of the European Cup ever again?

Celtic have to leave Scottish football if they ever want to be successful.

Sorry John, You normally write a lot of sense but that says a lot more about your pessimism than it does about Ange. Any evidence of players not buying into him? Of course not.
Any evidence of players not wanting to join and play? Of course not. Anxiety is always about the future. About what we imagine will or will not happen. Anxiety is caused by having a mistaken belief and then making the mistake of believing it.
Have you even read his track record of success. Or does his success in Australia, Japan and at the World Cup and Asia Cup make him somehow inferior to the likes of Roy Keane, John Hughes and John Kennedy? The Scottish League of 50 years ago produced Scottish teams that could compete in Europe such as Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Dundee United. Scottish football is a shrinking pond that has two big fish that struggle to compete in Europe.

Sheffield United were the worst team in the EPL yet earned $91 million pounds even in a COVID ravaged year

The Celtic Football Club who ruled the decade in Scottish Premiership by winning the league for 9 years in a row is now facing financial problems like any other club in the world right now. Celtic's annual revenue growth declined by 15% to £70.2m from £83.4m in 2019 which also impacted Celtic FC players salaries.9/02/2021

Am I pessimistic of Scottish football achieving in Europe ? Of Celtic reaching two finals and two semi-finals of the European Cup ever again?

Celtic have to leave Scottish football if they ever want to be successful.
Obviously we can't compete with the tinpot league we are stuck in compared to the riches on offer in many other leagues within world football.
Dont need a lecture on anxiety as this is more about confidence in the direction the club are currently seem to going.
Nothing personal against aussie guy as can't see him being able to take the club forward.
Was hoping with PL traitor finally been removed from his position that a total restructure of the club could have been put in place.
I don't see this so called appointment being made on footballing matters as I'm still convinced that there are far more suitable candidates out there that would be far more suitable to oversee the task in hand.
Of course nothing can be taken for granted in the footballing world and by taking a risk to this multitude just seems as an act of lunacy to me.
Of course the attraction of CL money you would have thought would have been a huge incentive for the club to invest in getting a far higher calibre of manager and coaching staff, this seems not to be the case any longer if reports are to be believed.
I am very worried now that our club is totally lacking in ambition and a thing I would have never thought of Celtic football club, but sadly that's all I'm seeing at the moment

Maybe the wizard of oz can teach him how to catch a boomerang dill, as he's had little joy with a football
I don't rate him myself
He must have some agent, if we paid 5 Million for him
Our scouts have to answer, for some of the dross we've brought in, the past couple of seasons
Shambles all around
MSM full of who we're 'interested in' on a daily basis, most of it bullshit, just clickbait stories
We'll never know what went on behind the scenes, but letting Lustig, Craig Gordon and wee Jonny go in quick succession was a mistake imho
People shouting about they were average players, I'd take an average player with heart for the fight, over some prima donna who has never played in Scotland
Anyway, wait and see who we get

HH

Mind watching the Irish beating the Italians at the 94 world cup John ,Ray Houghton screamer ,what a team they had back then.Nearly caused an argument in ma house with ma da being half Irish and an Italian mother 🤣
I was outside giants stadium that day trying to get a ticket. Couldn't fuckin get one. But I'll always remember the roar when Houghton scored. Great craic

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but fuck it. I think we should let this lad have a crack at the job. At this stage anyone is a risk. I admit I never heard of him before last week, but since that I've read and watched a fair bit about him. He seems to play a good style of football plus he takes no shit. Any player who has played under him all seem to rate him highly.
On the other hand, if Kennedy and strachan are in his backroom team, then he can fuck off!

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but fuck it. I think we should let this lad have a crack at the job. At this stage anyone is a risk. I admit I never heard of him before last week, but since that I've read and watched a fair bit about him. He seems to play a good style of football plus he takes no shit. Any player who has played under him all seem to rate him highly.
On the other hand, if Kennedy and strachan are in his backroom team, then he can fuck off!
That's the biggest issue for me also Deadner, the thought of the flowerpot men still at the helm

Back