January Transfer Window Thread

Three questions regarding the January transfer window
1. Why would you give Lennon money to spend when he is not going to be there long term?
2. Why would you let Lennon sign players to leave in the stand/bench and not play them (see Soro and Klimala from last January, and most signings from the summer)
3. Whoever is manager, and whoever we try to sign, it'll take Lawwell until the 31st to complete a deal by which time the season will be over. Why not just wait until the summer and let new manager, CEO, DoF, decide who to spend money on?

First priority shouldn't be a right back, it should be a winger, second priority should be another bloody winger, No guarantee that Mikey and Jamsie will remain fit.

Then a goalkeeper with his gloves on the correct hands would be good.

If Shane returns to Brighton which he will do if Neil is still in situ then a wee trip to Motherwell for a replacement should be on the cards.

Also I would like a ball playing box to box midfielder that can put a pass on a sixpence but I know I've a better chance of getting a PS5 than that.

Then when you're done with all that Peter go and get another bloody winger please.
What’s your thoughts on us signing a winger? 😁

We'll probably try to sign up some Bosmans for the summer, maybe joining for reduced fee January. I assume we are still interested in Doughty at Charlton and Davies at PNE.
The best business we could do in January is get rid of all the malcontents that don't want to be there. Creates space to give the youngsters a run of games and start rebuild for next season.

1. Why would you give Lennon money to spend when he is not going to be there long term?
2. Why would you let Lennon sign players to leave in the stand/bench and not play them (see Soro and Klimala from last January, and most signings from the summer)
3. Whoever is manager, and whoever we try to sign, it'll take Lawwell until the 31st to complete a deal by which time the season will be over. Why not just wait until the summer and let new manager, CEO, DoF, decide who to spend money on?

Do my best here...

1. Doesn't matter who is manager. Lawwell makes all signings. Lennon or whoever else in charge just has to deal with it.

2. Lennon won't make any signings. All down to lawwell. The reason they sit in the stands is because our manager has no input in the signing of them. (Weak management)

3. Good point regarding lawwell. If any deals are done they won't be done quickly. In the summer we will sign another weak manager who will be told which players he will be getting. (Only a weak manager would take the job)

So we are basically fucked. Regardless....well that's my opinion anyway 😁

Do my best here...

1. Doesn't matter who is manager. Lawwell makes all signings. Lennon or whoever else in charge just has to deal with it.

2. Lennon won't make any signings. All down to lawwell. The reason they sit in the stands is because our manager has no input in the signing of them. (Weak management)

3. Good point regarding lawwell. If any deals are done they won't be done quickly. In the summer we will sign another weak manager who will be told which players he will be getting. (Only a weak manager would take the job)

So we are basically fucked. Regardless....well that's my opinion anyway 😁
I'm just hoping that rumours of Lawwell stepping down in the summer are true 🙏

Nothings going to happen. Lennon will start promising signings in about a week....probably after we lose another league game. Then it will hit January and the media will get is all fired up by throwing random names out every day...Still nothing will happen. About 2 weeks into January Lennon will start to drop little comments in about how he has a big enough squad, how we dont need anyone and how he's happy with the players he has. Then on transfer deadline day we will make a couple of loan signings from mid to low table premiership teams....but not in positions we need. Probably another CM that can't get a game down south and maybe a young striker who isnt getting a look in at his own club. Its the Celtic way.
In his media conference he already said it could be the end of January before we bring anyone in.
😩

HH

It doesn't matter who starts tonight. UEFA could take pity on us and allow to hand pick players from around the world, free of charge for one night only and they'd still get humped playing the Lennon/Kennedy version of "be fucked if I know what I'm doing" football manager.
Tell you what. If we lose 4 or more tonight I’m going round with a jackhammer to dig up Lawell’s heated drive.
That’s for the record we didn’t want Pete!!

Because we are Celtic.

The thing is, due to Desmond, Lawwell and Bankier trying to gain some face, they've pretty much informed the football world that they're desperate, therefore sticking another 15% on any transfer fee or salary.

Fucking sterling work there boys.........quality business negotiations right there.

There'll be the usual hoo-hah over some big names that'll never come to pass and Lawwell will blame agents and clubs, even after showing his hand right now.

The whole intent is to prepare the fans for a fucking firesal.......roll up roll up - everything must go.

I'd like to see us go all out to sign a proper keeper with Forster in mind and also have another look at Patrick Roberts whom I noticed yesterday has played more than 50% of his whole career to date for Celtic. Maybe send Duffy back to Brighton and bring in 2 centre backs
A new coach and Assistant Manager would be helpful too.

Last edited:
I'm so gutted that I'm going to miss the match. There's a really really good documentary on how they make Christmas jumpers on tonight. I dont want to record it as I might run across some spoilers online that will just ruin my experience of the programme.....darn it!!!
What channel on the Boax is that on Lubo always wanted to see how they do it
That would be great cheers

HH 📦

We need Forster. We need to get shot of Duffy under the Trades Description Act if 1976. We need to use the kings ransom squandered on him.and give it to a guy who is faster than me. We need A winger and should have got wee paddy back, but, what do I know? It is his ability to beat a man and find a great forward pass we miss, and when Forrest comes back we will still need that. Sell Ajer Ntcham, and use the money to buy better.
I can't say I think we will act decisively though. Let's face it, that's virgin territory for Lawell. The cunt will still be haggling over ten bob.
Did not read the thread before writing my post so I agree

I'm so gutted that I'm going to miss the match. There's a really really good documentary on how they make Christmas jumpers on tonight. I dont want to record it as I might run across some spoilers online that will just ruin my experience of the programme.....darn it!!!
I don't want to ruin your evening Lubo, but last night on Channel 5 at 8pm there genuinely was a programme on that had a section on making Xmas jumpers. I truly hope you haven't missed it as I don't want it to ruin what has otherwise been a wonderful 2020 for you! You might still get it on catch up. Sorry pal, but don't shoot the messenger!

I don't want to ruin your evening Lubo, but last night on Channel 5 at 8pm there genuinely was a programme on that had a section on making Xmas jumpers. I truly hope you haven't missed it as I don't want it to ruin what has otherwise been a wonderful 2020 for you! You might still get it on catch up. Sorry pal, but don't shoot the messenger!

Fuck you 2020!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Back