January Transfer Window Thread

1.5 billion debts between these two superpower clubs

and both get more than 500 million revenue every season
I'll bet Real Madrid are not too far brhind them either! Remember when the Spanish government bailed them out of over £500m debt? It means 1 thing - an even bigger push for a closed European Super League for the big boys!

Hey guy's. This might not be the right chat but who are we buying in? Who's the next manager going to be and when? Is this just going to be the normal transfer window when we are all let down hugely!!!!

The current market is seriously broken

time to create our own players from the huge squad, imo

time to see if the younger players who been waiting for a chance are good enough to step into the positions we need covered.

if they cant cut it by start of next season assuming covid gone then at that point start trying to build better side with specifically targeted players who actually add value to the system we intend playing.

While covid exists imo its better to use local talent or low cost premier division spfl players who are better than what we have.

While covid on, foreign players are too isolated from home to be fully on the ball or integrate into the culture or the the team

As much as Lenny needs replaced Im no sure that a foreign manager will be much use at building a team while covid is on and who really wants to come here without a war chest, but again a warchest won't go too far when frimpong (who really isn't good enough yet) is commanding the huge transfer based on potential that might never materialise since his passing and positional sense as rb is not really very high standard.

the sky tv money has broke the markets

the FFP is a joke

And the entire game in big leagues is just insane wages

time to see if the younger players who been waiting for a chance are good enough to step into the positions we need covered.

if they cant cut it by start of next season assuming covid gone then at that point start trying to build better side with specifically targeted players who actually add value to the system we intend playing.

While covid exists imo its better to use local talent or low cost premier division spfl players who are better than what we have.

While covid on, foreign players are too isolated from home to be fully on the ball or integrate into the culture or the the team

As much as Lenny needs replaced Im no sure that a foreign manager will be much use at building a team while covid is on and who really wants to come here without a war chest, but again a warchest won't go too far when frimpong (who really isn't good enough yet) is commanding the huge transfer based on potential that might never materialise since his passing and positional sense as rb is not really very high standard.

the FFP is a joke

But I still think we need an SPFL quality CB. I don't think we can rely on Duffy any more and would be giving Welsh a chance. And I'd bring in O'Donnell too as RB as I don't like just having Ralston as our only option (if El Hamed is so unsettled).

And please play the youngsters - I hope they aren't discounted after coming out of the cold after months of no games to play in a couple of tricky ties. If they are introduced sensibly then they will hopefully fulfil their potentials - we need them to because as you say, cash will be much tighter. But it will take time.

the FFP is a joke

As much as I don’t want to say it from a supporter who has to watch the next few months you’ve charted possibly the most sensible course of action
there really ain’t much point splurging cash on players and I think the market for managers is similar to players in January.
they’ll sit tight with Lenny until the merry go round of change in summer and see who is available then

this seasons gone bar a potential Scottish cup, I can take whatever comes as long as they get the next managerial appointment correct and give them some semblance of a fund to freshen things up

But I still think we need an SPFL quality CB. I don't think we can rely on Duffy any more and would be giving Welsh a chance. And I'd bring in O'Donnell too as RB as I don't like just having Ralston as our only option (if El Hamed is so unsettled).

And please play the youngsters - I hope they aren't discounted after coming out of the cold after months of no games to play in a couple of tricky ties. If they are introduced sensibly then they will hopefully fulfil their potentials - we need them to because as you say, cash will be much tighter. But it will take time.
I agree that we need a better central defence in fact a better right side of defence and a better central spine

but im inclined to give ralston a run and the young lad at centre back

I think duffy might get his act together with more time to acclimatise to system

Hard bit is getting a CB good enough to play in attack minded set up without spending massive risky wages and premium

Not many teams play as risky to central defence, so dude needs to be bit of all rounder speed stamina and power and technical ability but these guys cost big money since they are in high demand at top end of the leagues

we either need to build a system that is more cautious in build up or buy very expensive fast defenders

Zander Clark - always been impressive when I've watched him for St. Johnstone. 28 same age as Rab Douglas when he came to us. But is he any better than Bain?

the FFP is a joke

Agree 100% TET. We need to adapt to the new economics of the game 🍀🍀🍀

Back