Jota to the Saudi league

You only need to look Miktim at what Quatar acheived with brown envelopes to see the power of oil..
Did not hear a lot about human rights during the world cup but then again when the head of FIFA say,s
Today I have very strong feelings, today I feel Quatari, today I feel Arab..etc it makes you wonder when he will start to feel Italian Swiss again,,maybe he received a brown envelope and that is why he felt Quatari and Arab and Rich..

HH
I can assure you the bastard did not feel me!!

To be honest, my biggest disappointment is probably with myself. You see, I thought with the passing of time came the ability to recognise, or sniff out, when I was bein' played, or lied to, or bein' taken for a mug. I thought faither time had taught me what to believe, and to be able to separate reality from fantasy.

Then came the man from down under.

As I said before ( after coming to terms with my latest episode of lessons in Life ) I neither wish harm nor good fortune to those who use our club as a stepping stone in pursuit of their personal goals. Regardless of what the aspirations of those managers/players happen to be. Whether it's wealth or fame they seek; I really couldn't care less . When they're gone, they're gone.

So, in truth, and only speaking for myself, I'll let the transfer circus play out and see where it leaves us. What HAS gone, though, is listening to the mercenaries in the game talking absolute guano; and believing them.

The makeup of the squad we start the season with remains to be seen.... And yes, we'll be saying the same next season too !

A young exceptional talent like Jota away to ply his trade in a footballing and literal desert just epitomises what football has become!

The brutal reality is football is no longer a real sport, it's now just a circus of billionaires trading in a stock market of mercenaries.

Aye of course the whole 'who wouldn't want to quadruple their earnings' is a valid point but let's stop pretending football is still a proper sport and that those involved in the game are still driven by winning trophies or ambition to reach the top of their sport because when it really comes down to it they will always trade those trophies and that ambition for the big payday.

Football as a business is booming but as a proper sport it's finished!

A young exceptional talent like Jota away to ply his trade in a footballing and literal desert just epitomises what football has become!

The brutal reality is football is no longer a real sport, it's now just a circus of billionaires trading in a stock market of mercenaries.

Aye of course the whole 'who wouldn't want to quadruple their earnings' is a valid point but let's stop pretending football is still a proper sport and that those involved in the game are still driven by winning trophies or ambition to reach the top of their sport because when it really comes down to it they will always trade those trophies and that ambition for the big payday.

Football as a business is booming but as a proper sport it's finished!
Ditto.

To be honest, my biggest disappointment is probably with myself. You see, I thought with the passing of time came the ability to recognise, or sniff out, when I was bein' played, or lied to, or bein' taken for a mug. I thought faither time had taught me what to believe, and to be able to separate reality from fantasy.

Then came the man from down under.

As I said before ( after coming to terms with my latest episode of lessons in Life ) I neither wish harm nor good fortune to those who use our club as a stepping stone in pursuit of their personal goals. Regardless of what the aspirations of those managers/players happen to be. Whether it's wealth or fame they seek; I really couldn't care less . When they're gone, they're gone.

So, in truth, and only speaking for myself, I'll let the transfer circus play out and see where it leaves us. What HAS gone, though, is listening to the mercenaries in the game talking absolute guano; and believing them.

The makeup of the squad we start the season with remains to be seen.... And yes, we'll be saying the same next season too !
Agree with post the daily lier the pundits with thier crystal ball telling us what’s going to happen, my uncle Jimmy God Rest a bit of a sage used to say if you beleave all you read you’ll eat all you see,think this is the best way to take it let’s face it all of them have a one track mind and That’s gone blue with rot just the same as they write

Good luck to the boy. I was hoping we would get another season from him before the inevitable. Guess it's time for him to turn a different corner corner !

Also have to say, much as I loved watching him in The Hoops, the club got the better of the deal.

Daft money for him; and daft money for us !

As always, it's just one man's opinion.

Back