Lennon blasts want away Celtic players after £30m Champions League disaster

It's more than £30m. Add on at least £20m to that. Lawell would still be looking at cheap cunts who do fuck all no matter how much we had. He is the main bottleneck to our progression. Hes a shitebag. A cheapskate, dithering bastard, shitebag. As long as caution and hesitation is our strategy, we will never progress and more likely decline. And it's all self inflicted.

I've said it many times. Sevco will never fuck us up. We will. And every season Lawell is in charge we will keep going backward regarding Europe, and if we dont change, domestically too. Imagine losing the keague to a skint, deed club? If that happens they should all be chased along London Rd by a seething mob.
Anyone think there’s a clique of deluded, Rodgers left overs?

I think a few of our players have had their heads turned.....and he who I refuse to name is no doubt involved in this imo...

I think a few of our players have had their heads turned.....and he who I refuse to name is no doubt involved in this imo...
We cant keep blaming the Ghost of Messiah Past. The problems lie within CP and that's the only place the solution lies. It is absolutelycommon managers take players with them. They all do it, that's just part of foitball. Roger's cant be singled out for that. MON dit it too. If players want to go, let them. But dont get £15m for the cunt and then spend £3m on his replacement. Thats the fucking problem.and Rogers has fuck all to do with that.

I dont think its hard to turn players when you dont have a system that suits their talents.

the defenders get blamed for our system, the midfielders get praised for playing anywhere but midfield

and hubris from under perming regulars would stick in the throat of players who cant get a game

Lennon has created the atmosphere with his fantastic stuff comments when its been ordinary against weak teams

sadly I think brown is done.

had we signed a 35 year old and he played as ordinary as brown has been for while then he would not be first team stick on

our players can dribble

but passing accuracy over 20 yards is suspect never mind playing with 30 yard gap between players most of game.

delivery high to small players makes no sense

charging about with no actual visible strategy makes no sense.

eddy is lethal but he gets maybe 2 or 3 chances each game.

Morelos is gash but gets about 30 chances per game.

system is pish

no real guile just individual talent and players either too far forward or totally out of position puffed out coz they went on a giant charge with no vision.

All 4 of the players mentioned here have forgotten where they were at before the latter and present coaching staff started working with them and have turned them into the players they are now..

HH.

We cant keep blaming the Ghost of Messiah Past. The problems lie within CP and that's the only place the solution lies. It is absolutelycommon managers take players with them. They all do it, that's just part of foitball. Roger's cant be singled out for that. MON dit it too. If players want to go, let them. But dont get £15m for the cunt and then spend £3m on his replacement. Thats the fucking problem.and Rogers has fuck all to do with that.

I take your point and I understand you don’t swap genuine ability for mediocrity.....what I’m getting at.....is if a player has been tapped up.....in all probability imo.....if he sees the grass is greener somewhere else.....he’s not going to be fully committed to the cause.....it looks likely to me that could very well be happening.....if they’re looking for a move they’re not going to put their body on the line.....I agree entirely with your analogy on replacing players.....but to me there’s an underlying problem.....and like I said previously.....we’ve got players imo who’s heads very well may be looking to be somewhere else.....I think it will all come to the surface sooner than later...

In hindsight it would appear that we the supporters have been spared further humiliation by not qualifying for the champions league. We would be anhilhaliited in that club. Rebrov, like petrescu did a number on lenny. Outside of the big 5 leagues we are amongst the richest clubs in Europe. Yet consistently fail against sides who can only dream of our resources. This will continue I believe until we have in place a backroom team and system that is designed to utilise our resources like Ajax. At present and for some time now we have been set up for domestic competition and in Europe we are hopelessly out maneuvered by clubs with managers who have the tactical nous to get the better of us. I idolise scott brown but I like many feel it's time for him to move into the coaching team. We didnt need Strachan jnr brown couldve replaced Duff. We are now feeding off the occasional super result like cluj and ferencvaros, Copenhagen fans will remember their victories against us we in turn feed off the lazio, man city, Leipzig results. It's not good enough for a club like Celtic 9in a row treble treble champions. We are predictable and any manager with tactical nous can exploit that. Still theres leaks from within, are we going to sack some G4S worker again for finding information about the team lying around that shouldn't be accessible to anyone? We may be a financially sound and successful club but we are not utilising the power of the club. We deserve better than the occasional 'result ' in Europe. Our leaders look to blame others who are following poor tactics laid out to them. We need help at the club when it comes to Europe. Anyone can see that. Clubs such as Milan, man utd, Barcelona not too long ago shuddered at the thought of playing at CP, now clubs like Copenhagen, Athens and Rosenborg are rubbing their hands at the thought of playing us at home. Something has to change. I said before the season started I'd take the 10 and to hell with Europe for a season and I stand by that still, but we need an internal shake up after we achieve the 10. We are underachieving consistently on the big stage. It's not enough for us supporters that the club is financially sound and strong if we cannot beat European minnows at CP.

In hindsight it would appear that we the supporters have been spared further humiliation by not qualifying for the champions league. We would be anhilhaliited in that club. Rebrov, like petrescu did a number on lenny. Outside of the big 5 leagues we are amongst the richest clubs in Europe. Yet consistently fail against sides who can only dream of our resources. This will continue I believe until we have in place a backroom team and system that is designed to utilise our resources like Ajax. At present and for some time now we have been set up for domestic competition and in Europe we are hopelessly out maneuvered by clubs with managers who have the tactical nous to get the better of us. I idolise scott brown but I like many feel it's time for him to move into the coaching team. We didnt need Strachan jnr brown couldve replaced Duff. We are now feeding off the occasional super result like cluj and ferencvaros, Copenhagen fans will remember their victories against us we in turn feed off the lazio, man city, Leipzig results. It's not good enough for a club like Celtic 9in a row treble treble champions. We are predictable and any manager with tactical nous can exploit that. Still theres leaks from within, are we going to sack some G4S worker again for finding information about the team lying around that shouldn't be accessible to anyone? We may be a financially sound and successful club but we are not utilising the power of the club. We deserve better than the occasional 'result ' in Europe. Our leaders look to blame others who are following poor tactics laid out to them. We need help at the club when it comes to Europe. Anyone can see that. Clubs such as Milan, man utd, Barcelona not too long ago shuddered at the thought of playing at CP, now clubs like Copenhagen, Athens and Rosenborg are rubbing their hands at the thought of playing us at home. Something has to change. I said before the season started I'd take the 10 and to hell with Europe for a season and I stand by that still, but we need an internal shake up after we achieve the 10. We are underachieving consistently on the big stage. It's not enough for us supporters that the club is financially sound and strong if we cannot beat European minnows at CP.
👏 👏👏👏👏👏

It’s like you read my mind. We should at least be on a par with Ajax. It’s time DD let Lawwell know he’s no football man.

Neil Lennon was the cheap options. You get what you pay for. He is not tactically aware, refuses to change the system when it clearly isn't working.
Why set you team up to whip crosses into the box and have Christie playing up front. Has he ever scored a header? Most of the team he wasn't even in the box.
If players a wanting to leave , I think it's the manager they don't want to play for not the club

I take your point and I understand you don’t swap genuine ability for mediocrity.....what I’m getting at.....is if a player has been tapped up.....in all probability imo.....if he sees the grass is greener somewhere else.....he’s not going to be fully committed to the cause.....it looks likely to me that could very well be happening.....if they’re looking for a move they’re not going to put their body on the line.....I agree entirely with your analogy on replacing players.....but to me there’s an underlying problem.....and like I said previously.....we’ve got players imo who’s heads very well may be looking to be somewhere else.....I think it will all come to the surface sooner than later...
I hear you, but again, that has always been the case in football. It's just part and parcel but the key is monitoring these moods and preparing for life in the squad after they leave. The main thing is to accept if any player is really good for us, to replace him with a punt is a recipe for decline. We got £25m for KT, wasted £3.5m on Boli that could have been used along with the £3m for Taylor and bought a better left back. Even if we bought Taylor as back up thats still only 40% of what we got.

Any player who doesnt want to be here should go. If I could accept KT leaving, then Ajer and Sham will cause me no pain, the pain will come when we buy a cunt for £2.5m to replace them..which, tragically you can put the fucking pot on for.

If players a wanting to leave , I think it's the manager they don't want to play for not the club
Not necessarily GBhoy most of our team werent brought up as Celtic supporters and the affiliation they have with the club will vary from player to player. It's only natural that players will see us as the stone to step on , on their way to one of the big 5 leagues and its riches. Some players will play for the glory of winning others for the money in the bank account as a players career can end at any moment, i.e john Kennedy. I wont condemn any player for that. I do agree with the rest though, you've got Frank macca today saying he cant understand why Christie up front also. Hes saying that aye whilst Christie can score goals hes not a striker and he doesnt hold the ball up like a centre forward would , crosses into the box are no use to him , give him the ball to feet hes never going to out jump any defender 50/50 hed have to find space for a free header. Lenny is under pressure of course but it does worry me to see him basically do a slippy and blame the players. In European competition lenny has done well and earned a reputation for that, however those results we were underdogs Barcelona, lazio amongst some others but when we are the favourites (7/1 some bookies gave ferencvaros to win at CP) we struggle. I honestly believe Hamilton played better against us a few weeks back and got hammered, other spfl sides have played better against us also but you need a striker to lead the line , bring players into the game, hold the ball up and score goals. Christie will score but he cant play as a striker as macca said. I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing when ajeti not klimala came on. 5 subs we should've sent both on especially at 1-2 klimala must be wondering if he will get a fair crack at the first team cos this game was perfect and crying out for him. Hed have been (probably) in the right position for that wee cut back that went behind moi. A strikers instincts was required. If it's not calmac at left back v cluj it's no striker v ferencvaros and it blows your mind. It also blows the mind of people who are much more knowledgeable about the tactical side of the game than I, people like hartson, sutton to name 2 of many agree. Did lenny underestimate them? I'm of the mindset that i think he did. We are good enough to beat that side without a recognised striker and we should've done so. That said is it worth gambling on it? No of course not , you play a full domestic season (almost) to be in that tourney. Once that's achieved we cannot underestimate any club who are in the same round as us as they are also there on merit. Secure the 10 that's all I'm interested in this season and dont mind it (as much as I would under normal circumstances) that we have no place in the cl again. We must now qualify for the Europa. I just hope we can make the group stages of it and get some decent sides in our group we need to be playing against quality opposition to keep us on our toes. Aberdeen and others whose name inwont mention wouldve disposed of them. Theres only 4 days left of bogey month September cant come quick enough HH

Neil Lennon was the cheap options. You get what you pay for. He is not tactically aware, refuses to change the system when it clearly isn't working.
Why set you team up to whip crosses into the box and have Christie playing up front. Has he ever scored a header? Most of the team he wasn't even in the box.
You would expect 1 or 2 players wanting to move on but were at 4 and counting so they either don't buy into his methods or their agents are moving them on

Either way lennon did himself no favours the other night by throwing them under the bus , he picked the team ,he played with no strikers and he didn't change it till it was too late .

wouldn't be surprised if he's lost the dressing room completely

You would expect 1 or 2 players wanting to move on but were at 4 and counting so they either don't buy into his methods or their agents are moving them on

Either way lennon did himself no favours the other night by throwing them under the bus , he picked the team ,he played with no strikers and he didn't change it till it was too late .

wouldn't be surprised if he's lost the dressing room completely
God I hope not K for that would be a disaster of monumental consequences and put paid to any hope of the 10. However if he has, as a Celtic man through and through he should do the honourable thing and hand over the reigns as this domestic campaign is the most important of my lifetime.

It seems to be the fear of failure that restricts us, not the promise of success which should propel us.

We have often discussed formations and tactics, but for the vast majority of domestic games, we jam up midfield with too many bodies, with too little end product.

As for trading, it is the name of the game in modern football, but as TV has mentioned, there is the 'rainy day' money to be kept from sales and the weekend bender money that should be used to keep the good times rolling. It is a false economy if we are prepared to yield well over a £100 million of Champions League dough for the want of saving £25 million each season to supplement the team.

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that - if the money we squandered and lost out on had been put to better use recruiting 5 or 6 quality players, then we could potentially have had a tighter squad capable of competing in and winning at least the Europa League?

For as much as I will stand behind Neil Lennon, perhaps now we are seeing his managerial limitations. I have no doubt that, with the proper guidance, support and resistance, he would be a great representative of Celtic, but without that genuine backroom debate - he appears limited in his knowledge of the game.

Hansi Flick has just proven the true value of a great no.2. John Robertson was another great example in our own recent history. If that pivotal position is appropriately appointed, then Lenny might have enough about him to see the job through. John Kennedy is a youth coach (no disrespect intended). WGS II......well who knows?

I havent mentioned Lennon yet. Longer term posters will know I didnt want him.to get the job. Not, I must emphasise because I didnt think he was a good manager, more that he would be Lawells man and the possibility to get thst cunt to break a tenner, would be diminished.

Since he came in I think he has improved us. Under Rogers our defence was even worse than it is now. It still needs an injection of class. But two players will improve it again. That obviously depends on what budget he has, which, let's face it, wont be much. The bottom line is, this latest fuck up has shone a million candle lighthouse light on that. I used to hope that would make the board address it, I know, what a naive twat, not anymore. Kidding myself on has run out if juice.

Lennie's team selection was a monumental fuck up. Saying we could have scored plenty just highlights how stupid going without a striker was. No hiding place from that, to even try was disappointing. I was also fucked off he brought into the sevco press arena that players want away was a tragic misjudgment and has only fed a frenzy the bastards love to see. So lenny, leavethat out. You get paid to deal with that. You seemed like a wee boy saying, a big boy done it and ran away. Pathetic mate.

Going forward, I would keep him. He needs to get his tactics right in Europe. He bought Klimala. Him. He basically told the world he was not good enough. I felt for the lad. Last year I thought Cluj was the bottom of a barrel of misjedgement, but, he upped the ante this week by pulling a Levein.

He is to blame. End of.

He needs to learn. He needs to demand replacing £25m players with £3m punts cannot end well. He has to sort the squad and weed out those who dont want to ge there, but even if he does, he shuts the fuck up about it.

I give him my support to go forward, but like players, if he cant cut it, he will have to go. I think he will do it though.

God I hope not K for that would be a disaster of monumental consequences and put paid to any hope of the 10. However if he has, as a Celtic man through and through he should do the honourable thing and hand over the reigns as this domestic campaign is the most important of my lifetime.
Here what your saying but whatevers gone wrong in the background needs fixed and pronto ,we've looked jaded during pre season and the league start has hardly been inspiring
Looking at the dugout the lenny of old would have been pacing the touchline barking orders ,now he's slumped in his seat like there's not much he can do , hope i'm reading it wrong but something is definitely a miss

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent mentioned Lennon yet. Longer term posters will know I didnt want him.to get the job. Not, I must emphasise because I didnt think he was a good manager, more that he would be Lawells man and the possibility to get thst cunt to break a tenner, would be diminished.

Since he came in I think he has improved us. Under Rogers our defence was even worse than it is now. It still needs an injection of class. But two players will improve it again. That obviously depends on what budget he has, which, let's face it, wont be much. The bottom line is, this latest fuck up has shone a million candle lighthouse light on that. I used to hope that would make the board address it, I know, what a naive twat, not anymore. Kidding myself on has run out if juice.

Lennie's team selection was a monumental fuck up. Saying we could have scored plenty just highlights how stupid going without a striker was. No hiding place from that, to even try was disappointing. I was also fucked off he brought into the sevco press arena that players want away was a tragic misjudgment and has only fed a frenzy the bastards love to see. So lenny, leavethat out. You get paid to deal with that. You seemed like a wee boy saying, a big boy done it and ran away. Pathetic mate.

Going forward, I would keep him. He needs to get his tactics right in Europe. He bought Klimala. Him. He basically told the world he was not good enough. I felt for the lad. Last year I thought Cluj was the bottom of a barrel of misjedgement, but, he upped the ante this week by pulling a Levein.

He is to blame. End of.

He needs to learn. He needs to demand replacing £25m players with £3m punts cannot end well. He has to sort the squad and weed out those who dont want to ge there, but even if he does, he shuts the fuck up about it.

I give him my support to go forward, but like players, if he cant cut it, he will have to go. I think he will do it though.
That's as fair a post or comment that anyone could ask for, TV.

We're all accountable for our actions and we're not on six or seven figure salaries either (well apart fae Steviebhoy).

Back