Lennon manager

was a big advocate of Lenny gettin the gig,he knows the "scottish" game and what we're up against,gettin kicked off the park,officials,meeja,but watching him sittin slumped in the dug out,chewing gum,like a bulldog chewin a wasp,i thought yes Lenny, that's the way to inspire players,so sorry Lenny,not for me,who else,have'nt got a scooby,but gettin the vibe that things ai'nt too good at Celtic behind the scenes!
I understand Michael but a perspective is needed we lift the league on Sunday and the following Saturday we could be lifting the Scottish Cup and a historic Triple Treble that is all that matters see the other background noise get it all to fuck,let's gets these trophies in our Magnificent Glorious Trophy Room Celebrate and enjoy. \ ? /

TET, you actually make a good argument for making Lenny our new Director of Football . I don't agree with all of your reasoning re. the problems we face at the moment but Lenny was not bad at signing players in the past ( or was that just the scouting system? ) .
Anyway , I DO agree that BR's signing policy was sh*te , with a very few exceptions and that has cost us a fortune in players' contracts that have caused the wage bill to balloon !
Stevie Clarke , as I stated before , would be my choice with Lenny in the background as DoF , if he would take the step down .
If not Stevie C then whoever , again with Lenny as a DoF.

I think this is the 6/7th time. I don’t think NFL
Is running the Team. But JK is, we’re playing
Tippy Tappy pish we’re not Barcelona.
He’s said in a number of after match interviews that he will not change the style the players are used to. What I saw today was pathetic almost like the players weren’t trying for the Manager or the Team. Or their own pride. Another poster has said that there’s behind the scenes troubles.
If that’s the case then we’re in a shitload o trouble.
NFL should have stamped his own style on these Professional players.
He’s supposed to be the boss well if your not happy with what you see change it.
In your last stint in charge none of your Teams went down that easy yes we lost games but we always had fight pride and ffs proper Tackles.
We didn’t today we shat it. Hard to say hard to write even harder to watch a gutless performance like today’s.

HH ☘️

Alright Andy. That is how I interpreted it from your previous posts and perhaps it wasn't as you intended it. I read it as Celtic minded above all else basically and that isn't how I feel about Lennon getting the job, it's a stick used regularly towards the pro-Lennon argument when I feel he brings so much more than that. If I read it wrong and as such responded as such then sincere apologies from me.
I too have no truck with you or alternative opinions.
Hail Hail(y)

No perhaps about it Niall, I was making the point that those fans making the facile 'aye but he's a good Celtic man' argument like that alone should somehow elevate Lenny or anybody else above other candidates who are better qualified was borne out of misguided sentiment and not the way we should be going about our business.

I have absolutely no issue with guys like yourself who offer greater substance to their reasoning for Lenny getting the job and certainly wouldn't insult them for supporting Lenny's appointment.

It's all good mate no need for apologies, we'll put it down to a misunderstanding and move on.

HH (y)

tae me Lenny's demeanor today was that of someone who's been told he's not gettin the gig,jist an observation.....
At least he didn't go to Sfa ( not fit for purpose) and complain but rightly so and the rest of the celtic players and supporter's for being racially abused,religious hatred and bigoted offensive singing and slurs against our good name club and supporter's,but hey that's fine in bigoted Scotland for you don't you just love being Celtic supporter it's Champion (y)

tae me Lenny's demeanor today was that of someone who's been told he's not gettin the gig,jist an observation.....
something in that Michael.

he looked a little distant.

If they do pick a big name or a good CV man I hope he gets the budget he needs to gut and mould his own vision.

I would like Steve Clarke, I just don't think he interested with family in Ayrshire, a hotbed of Crafty Cult Crypt Peepo. (CCCP) the delusional red white and blue clown shoes containing zombified nature is disturbing.

something in that Michael.

he looked a little distant.

If they do pick a big name or a good CV man I hope he gets the budget he needs to gut and mould his own vision.

I would like Steve Clarke, I just don't think he interested with family in Ayrshire, a hotbed of Crafty Cult Crypt Peepo. (CCCP) the delusional red white and blue clown shoes containing zombified nature is disturbing.
like the CCCP TET!!!!!

Not good enough today. But I still rate Lennon as the man to take club to 10.

1 These are Rodgers players
2 Even Rodgers was shit this season at motivating creative openings
3 Lennon has been better with Rodgers players, in fact he done better with the players Rdogers wouldn't even play.
4 Need clergies out of over paid players who can't pass the ball straight over 30 yards.
5 It was at Ibrox with massive crowd and a bent ref (still played utter tripe but we don't have a proper centre forward)
6 Emotions are strained to be making vital decisions.
7 The finances are good but the operation costs are in high risk with too many hangers on.
8 I personally trust Lennon more than any of the other names to get good value for money.
9 If the board can afford Moourinho or someone of that status, and also to warchest him then fir enough. But I don't see that being realistic. Our fringe/youth players who are best hope are still not good enough to challenge first team properly. So looks like we needs 4 or 5 new first team players of real quality and some squad players of better value than we currently have. If the fringe players can't get up for big match at Ibrox then the first team have no real pressure for first team. which isn't good.

All in all I trust Lennon to bring in players who can create goals in Scotland, I trust him to bring through real value added players. And these are the things Rodgers can't do. Rodgers is good with the very best players in world, but we can't afford those players and RODGERS could take the good players Ronny bought and made them better, but he can't find these players. Hence reason he probably wanted off cause he was not adding value to team with value off field.

It was Rodgers and his antics that have put club in this weak position. It was rodgers who gave them contacts and it was rodgers who failed to find better players especially to replace Dembele. But also couldnt spot any value in defence.

Lennon has done a great job with players he had little chance to work with.

he will create the best team that we can afford.

Today was not good enough. But these issues were present all season.

I still haven't heard anyone address the bottle neck in the operation costs
I hear lots of get new dude in.
But I still haven't heard anyone who can do the job required with the budget that it must be done with.

Ajax took many years building their team
The had better youth to start with for one.
They also apply in a more attractive league. so attract better value players.
They also play continental style football which is suited to continental type managers.
I still haven't heard any manger names who could do a job in Scotland immediately with no time to bed players into squad.
I still hear the "we should eb miles ahead of them"

The difference Between a player on 5K and 40K is minimal, if you don't know what your doing in that market you can need up with lots of 5k per week players on 40K per week. And that's what rdogers gives you. Unless you have unlimited funds and can afford the very veery best, the market rodgers and his ilk know this market best. These guys are not suited to the market for 5k players who really should be 40 k players.

If you get it wrong way round, like we have with quite few players this season, your op costs get drained and you need to sell to make room for the guys who can do the job better.

And for me that's what Lennon excels at. The lower market undervalued players who are really worth lot more.

Rodgers is opposite he can't tell difference between Compper and VVD and thus you get dross when he buys from the lower markets.

Anyway

If the board have 200 million and funds to expand the operation costs into very dangerous ground then bring it on. It seems no paying your tax and spending money you don't own is the way of football. But it will bring sudden death with one false move or a change in the hyperinfalted markets.

lennon is realistic hope for sustainable championships

Rodgers would have ruined the club if he was allowed another season of destroying value all over the club.

I am a lennon man. even when he played the worst football I ever watched at Ibrox ever.

Naw, TET, just naw after that car crash today.

Naw, TET, just naw after that car crash today.
Mikey johnson is the best of our youth. So it was interesting to see what he could offer in the hardest place to win.

Burke heart isn't in it or else he really is garbage. Eddy and Rogic with calmat brown behind should have been dominant through middle. But were missing and not at the game. Not great considering they are my three first team middle.

but Johnston and burke offered nothing in attack defence of bite.

Personally, I think every rodgers signing wants out of dodge. The French connection doesn't suit us or them. They all appear to be unhappy even when they score or get game. Sinclair is just gash.

Hayes played well but not a defender.

Toljan is worse than Lustig and is still problem area. He actually looked terrified.

Bain is decent keeper but hardly inspiring number 1

If Bain is now number 1 we need a new keeper.

But the lack of proper power in front of goals is our worst look for yonks.

I really don't think foreign players from Europe, especially European countries with lots of warm weather can hack too long in Scotland. And I don't think they plan on long time here either. they really want sleep to hot climate better wage and really trying to get their name spotted by a club other than Celtic.

There are certain countries in Europe who have rotten weather and they seem to be more compatible long term.

I suspect the usual suspects who downed tooled at what they perceived as being held when decent offer was on table, is still unsettling squad. And I suspect all the amigos, including French and Belgian players would like out.

Just a hunch on my part.

And I doubt any of them would go to Leicester even if Rodgers wanted them.

They don't love Celtic and really they here as mercenaries in hope they get the big bucks.

When you have won a few medals in Scotland, unless you really love Celtic you won't be that interested in long stay if offers are on table. And if you have champions blood at Celtic there will be offers on the table, even if we think they are mad to exchange Scottish glory and Celtic fan love for cash elsewhere.

There is a reason why the most successful Scottish team all came from close to Glasgow. They all played for a team they loved more than money and even big money wouldn't make them leave their dream team. Sadly the Scottish football talent is not determined enough or in love with football enough to supply the demands of Scottish football.

We need new bunch of mercenaries to re-galvanise the squad. I genuinely think lennon is best option for us to do that. But today was pure gash.

So maybe im wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back