Lenny the Poodle or Carrying the Can MERGED

Meling is still my hope. If Rosenborg do go out tonight that may be possible. His contract is up december 2020,

December 2020 means he has potential EL and then potentially another CL qualification campaign with Rosenborg to advertise himself to clubs who would love to sign a free agent in the January window as opposed to paying seasonally-inflated prices. As a free agent he can then negotiate a better contract with a new employer who won't have had to pay anything to Rosenborg.
For Melling to jump ship now and miss out on a much more lucrative contract would make very little sense imo. This is one of the glaring reasons the Melling story looked like a squirrel to me from day one.

So a quick summary, Lawell is a torry, a bung taking bastard and possibly a hun. Lenny is an idiot, a back seat driver and a wooly dog. We got knocked out of the CL because of sabotage. Depressed yet?

Is Lawell a torry? I don't know dont really care if I'm honest, is he a hun? I would doubt it, did he sabotage our chances in the CL so he could get a juicy bung? Emm I would think not.
As for Lenny the idiot dog, after all that he's done as a player, captain and manager of Celtic I think he deserves a bit of respect, remember all the "we are all Neil Lennon" banners? I take it we're not all Neill Lennon anymore?

An alternative and factual view would be we've just won 8IAR, the treble treble, we're top of the league, we are still in Europe, we have by far the best squad in the county, we have more money than all the other teams in scotland combined and we're not huns. It's maybe not perfect but it's hardly a bloody shambles.
Br careful, Hoopy.......you might just have tested positive there!

HH

Long suffering??

Christ on a bike

Seriously.

First, it looks like you're new: Welcome to the Noise, Docco.

As you can see, there are some people on this forum for whom:

-- Winning the Treble Treble isn't enough when -- OH MY GOD! -- we haven't signed a RB yet.

-- A manager who essentially saved the Treble Treble for the club last year when the previous manager bolted, and who (with one significant exception in the UEFA Champions League round) has led the team to a pretty significant start for the 2019/20 season is considered "a poodle."

-- Armchair managing via PlayStation takes precedence over real games and real life.

And so on.

But not to worry, Docco. You'll find most of us are also reasonable, as well as passionate, Celtic supporters who don't panic at the site of a closing window, especially when the club has 15-3 goal differential in its first three wins of the season on our way to 9 in a row.

The others? Well, I can't help you there. Sorry.

Hail Hail.

Last edited:
I might be wrong here but I actually feel slightly sorry for our manager when it comes to yet another transfer window fiasco. Are the comments he makes coming from him or the powers that be. I genuinely think he's in it for us. The fans!!!. He is the public figure being asked the uncomfortable questions by us and the media. I think it's about time Lawell and his his cronies answered questions to the the media personally

Well, blow me over with an imaginary feather. The Taylor interest is dead. None of the 3 players promised to be on the plane are here. Every time Lenny opens his mouth he is made to look like a poodle being smacked and told to get back in his basket.

My main fear that I stated regarding his appointment was he would have zero power. Each time he tries to reassure us somebody is working to get players in Lawell does fuck all and makes his pet look a complete arse.

A yes man who will do what he’s told from a prick who does nothing but fuck us up.

What a combo.
Absolutely. I believe as a manager, no one out there would want 9 and 10 more than Lenny. He's being made out to be a door mat though

Well, blow me over with an imaginary feather. The Taylor interest is dead. None of the 3 players promised to be on the plane are here. Every time Lenny opens his mouth he is made to look like a poodle being smacked and told to get back in his basket.

My main fear that I stated regarding his appointment was he would have zero power. Each time he tries to reassure us somebody is working to get players in Lawell does fuck all and makes his pet look a complete arse.

A yes man who will do what he’s told from a prick who does nothing but fuck us up.

What a combo.
Stop believing the papers man its a new cunt every 2 days calm doon im hopin we buy meling now hes out of Europe hes better that wid shut up the moaners we canny just spunk awe our dough just cause we've got a bit lying on any old cunt wait till windows shut then moan rant over troops HH

I genuinely think he's in it for us. The fans!!!.

Completely agree. In fact, I'll take it one step further -- if you look at the difference between the teams that wrapped up last year's Treble Treble, the one that staggered over the line, and the team that has started this season sprinting out of the gate, you can definitely see a difference, and that is because Lenny has taken the reins.

Moaners and greeters in other threads can shit on Lenny all they want, but the truth is he's definitely bringing the thunder.

He's definitely in it for us. In Lennon We Trust.

Completely agree. In fact, I'll take it one step further -- if you look at the difference between the teams that wrapped up last year's Treble Treble, the one that staggered over the line, and the team that has started this season sprinting out of the gate, you can definitely see a difference, and that is because Lenny has taken the reins.

Moaners and greeters in other threads can shit on Lenny all they want, but the truth is he's definitely bringing the thunder.

He's definitely in it for us. In Lennon We Trust.

Said it at the time and stand by it - Melling was never anything more than a squirrel. Deliberate disinformation put out through Chris Sutton to manipulate Celtic fans. Whoever is behind the disinformation is an enemy of Celtic. The question is whether they are from amongst those CS mixes with in the media or amongst the club itself.

Will see if you still stand by it when he’s wearing the hoops against the scum ???

I might be wrong here but I actually feel slightly sorry for our manager when it comes to yet another transfer window fiasco. Are the comments he makes coming from him or the powers that be. I genuinely think he's in it for us. The fans!!!. He is the public figure being asked the uncomfortable questions by us and the media. I think it's about time Lawell and his his cronies answered questions to the the media personally
I think he is being let down by those above. He is obviously being assured that he will het new signings in before certain deadlines and on several occassions already this window these self-imposed deadlines have passed to absolute silence. It has happened again today with the 2 or 3 new signings flying to Stockholm to settle in before Sunday.

Despite this the team have mostly been playing much better with a couple of exceptions. Get a good result on Thursday then get fired into them on Sunday to make a statement and this will set us up nicely. If we don't then there will undoubtedly be recriminations and I hope Lenny isn't the fall guy.

Back