Lenny the Poodle or Carrying the Can MERGED

i have said it before and i will say it again no club in the history of the world takes so long and makes signings so complicated as celtic every day we are lured into one false dawn after another about this player and that player yet the huns seem to be able to sign players at will honestly another f**K up at ipox on sunday will i fear be a bridge too far for our long suffering support
eh 4th game Into season and its shafted. Go on another site, poss follow follow etc.

As for Lenny the idiot dog, after all that he's done as a player, captain and manager of Celtic I think he deserves a bit of respect, remember all the "we are all Neil Lennon" banners? I take it we're not all Neill Lennon anymore?

An alternative and factual view would be we've just won 8IAR, the treble treble, we're top of the league, we are still in Europe, we have by far the best squad in the county, we have more money than all the other teams in scotland combined and we're not huns. It's maybe not perfect but it's hardly a bloody shambles.

Thank you, Hoopy427, and welcome to the Noise.

We are still far and away the best team in Scotland, and even if we're missing a position or two, we're out of the gate with a 15-3 goal advantage in three games. We are a force now. A few more additions and we will be unstoppable.

We are Neil Lennon!

1neillennon.jpg

personally I am not Lenny. I do trust him do do the best for our team. then again what do I know. loads of verbal out there decrying him. But Gerrard best thing since warburtons. Aye right. wake up and smell the coffee. I'll have a double espresso. Whoaff.

personally I am not Lenny. I do trust him do do the best for our team. then again what do I know. loads of verbal out there decrying him. But Gerrard best thing since warburtons. Aye right. wake up and smell the coffee. I'll have a double espresso. Whoaff.
Not dissing you big man but who could do better with tight fisted wankers pulling the strings?

Thank you, Hoopy427, and welcome to the Noise.

We are still far and away the best team in Scotland, and even if we're missing a position or two, we're out of the gate with a 15-3 goal advantage in three games. We are a force now. A few more additions and we will be unstoppable.

We are Neil Lennon!

View attachment 4115

Thank you for the welcome Icafiero, much appreciated ?

It's all a bit odd, Lenny has a better win ratio and goals per game ratio than Rogers and his track record in Europe is far superior to he who jumped ship, but a section of our support seem to hate the man! I just don't get it.
Then we have the orcs loving Slippy G he can do no wrong even though he has a similar win ratio to brother Pedro and as hun manager he's won as many trophies as my cat!

Defo not buying the nonsensical idea that Lawwell is somehow in cahoots with Sevco (I mean, ffs, just lol), but once again off the field stuff is pulling down the mood of the support. Neil Lennon said he wanted 2 or 3 players in before the AIK game, so they could be 'integrated into the squad'. Thus far we have none. And are we going to get any? I wouldn't bet on it. Taking into account the hysteria of the media linking us with any and every left-back going, if we really are now scrambling around for alternatives to Meling or Taylor, it's a proper fuck up and, in a normal organisation, heads would roll. We seemingly can't get anything over the line.

Though those who compare our woefully sluggish and byzantine transfer travails to the alleged contrast of Sevco's swift business might want to reflect on the fact that they were signing mostly dross. The higher the standard, the harder the graft. But it shouldn't be this hard and ad hoc.

Seriously.

First, it looks like you're new: Welcome to the Noise, Docco.

As you can see, there are some people on this forum for whom:

-- Winning the Treble Treble isn't enough when -- OH MY GOD! -- we haven't signed a RB yet.

-- A manager who essentially saved the Treble Treble for the club last year when the previous manager bolted, and who (with one significant exception in the UEFA Champions League round) has led the team to a pretty significant start for the 2019/20 season is considered "a poodle."

-- Armchair managing via PlayStation takes precedence over real games and real life.

And so on.

But not to worry, Docco. You'll find most of us are also reasonable, as well as passionate, Celtic supporters who don't panic at the site of a closing window, especially when the club has 15-3 goal differential in its first three wins of the season on our way to 9 in a row.

The others? Well, I can't help you there. Sorry.

Hail Hail.
giphy.webp

sayz icafiero who has only been a Celtic fan sinc jan 2019. larrys never been 2 scotland or a Celtic match in his life. no crime or pobs wiv dat, welcom 2 d newby.
but b serious dis clown posts like he knows better dan real Celtic fans n can tell lifelongs like theverdict wot d story iz wiv all things Celtic. unbelvbls arrogance man.
no mystery how america voted 4 a simp gobshite lke trump

Not dissing you big man but who could do better with tight fisted wankers pulling the strings?
No problem take on board. Lenny not person I would have appointed. Is there method in their madness. We will have to,wait and see. I was attempting to imply Lenny millions of times better than Gerrard. So is our team.

When personal invective stoops so low as to compare Neil Lennon to a dog.....then it’s time to take stock of how utterly shameful the rhetoric has become.

As a Support we owe Neil Lennon a debt of gratitude we could never begin to repay for what he has endured in the Celtic cause.....and for that reason alone he deserves our respect.

There are respectful and decent ways of complaining and venting your spleen.....I suggest such ways are applied.....for what is currently being dissed out in the direction of our manager is disgraceful

When personal invective stoops so low as to compare Neil Lennon to a dog.....then it’s time to take stock of how utterly shameful the rhetoric has become.

As a Support we owe Neil Lennon a debt of gratitude we could never begin to repay for what he has endured in the Celtic cause.....and for that reason alone he deserves our respect.

There are respectful and decent ways of complaining and venting your spleen.....I suggest such ways are applied.....for what is currently being dissed out in the direction of our manager is disgraceful

Nailed it
Anyone calling our manager that, is no better than the rabid hordes from Govan, who delight in anything aganst Celtic, in general & Neil Lennon, in particular
Same guys who sing YNWA then denegrate a great, Celtic manager
They need to have a word with themselves
HH

There is no doubting that Celtic have started the season well under Lenny....
There is also no doubt that he has also cost us a place in the champions league...
I can completely understand why people are angry with him. I am. I dont think it's fair to attack the fans who are disappointed with him. I fully respect and appreciate what he has giving to our club over the years. But no one is above criticism.
If Lennon isn't getting what he wants from the board. If Lawwell is preventing him from doing his job. If he is one of us then put us before his pay packet. Tell the fans that he isn't signing anyone because the board wont allow it. Dont sit and treat us like mugs by defending poor multi-millionaire Peter Lawwell by telling all the fans to lay of him.
Lennon went down in my estimation after his "poor Pete" press conference.
I believed when Lennon came back he would bring that fire to the board room. That we wouldnt have another tranfer window like the last one.

December 2020 means he has potential EL and then potentially another CL qualification campaign with Rosenborg to advertise himself to clubs who would love to sign a free agent in the January window as opposed to paying seasonally-inflated prices. As a free agent he can then negotiate a better contract with a new employer who won't have had to pay anything to Rosenborg.
For Melling to jump ship now and miss out on a much more lucrative contract would make very little sense imo. This is one of the glaring reasons the Melling story looked like a squirrel to me from day one.
I hope the club realises that is a possibility, accepts our offer if it's actually made and give him a decision to make. Bird in the hand or the 2 in the bush

There is no doubting that Celtic have started the season well under Lenny....
There is also no doubt that he has also cost us a place in the champions league...
I can completely understand why people are angry with him. I am. I dont think it's fair to attack the fans who are disappointed with him. I fully respect and appreciate what he has giving to our club over the years. But no one is above criticism.
If Lennon isn't getting what he wants from the board. If Lawwell is preventing him from doing his job. If he is one of us then put us before his pay packet. Tell the fans that he isn't signing anyone because the board wont allow it. Dont sit and treat us like mugs by defending poor multi-millionaire Peter Lawwell by telling all the fans to lay of him.
Lennon went down in my estimation after his "poor Pete" press conference.
I believed when Lennon came back he would bring that fire to the board room. That we wouldnt have another tranfer window like the last one.
Lubo, I think many fans agree that we have started the league brilliantly and also Lenny's bizarre tactics cost us our Champions League place, so yes he has to take a fair proportion of the gratitude and also blame (although he did try to pass all of the blame onto his players which is not on).

I think it is the level of personal abuse being directed at NFL that some people are objecting to (I appreciate you haven't joined in on that). Yes, call him out on his blunders but the tone of some of the posts are not fair on anyone, let alone a legend who has received personal attacks throughout the last 2 decades for being a Celt.

Also, you can't really expect him to publicly slaughter his boss in press conferences - no one would last 5 minutes in their job doing that. BUT I agree he should have left as bland messages of how they are all working together gor the best for Celtic rather than going down the "poor Pete" route and having a go at the fans.

I guess we are all emotional for nany reasons. We have been playing amazing, losing KT, not delivering players they promised us when they said they would, losing the CL qualifier, struggling to finish off Dunfermilne, Glasgow derby week, back to playing well against AIK & Hearts. On the back of the incredible Treble treble and 8IAR it just seems like an unnecessary emotional rollercoaster.

At the moment many fear that we are unnecessarily gambling on the possibility of achieving real history over the next couple of seasons. Unless there is something lurking in the background us plebs are not aware of then financially we can afford to spend a little more for higher quality to increase our chances of 9IAR without screwing up our financial model.

And if this was a one-off from the board then we could brush it off, but sadly we have seen the same movie too many times now to know how it ends up.

I think we need to hold Lennon and the board accountable for their decisions - that includes praise when we do well - but keep the personal abuse of someone who has suffered so much for the club to a minimum.

We all have differing opinions and it is discussing these which is what makes this forum a success. HH ?

Back