Mitigating Circumstances?

Lord Nimmo Smith found Rangers guilty on all the charges he was asked to investigate, but then chose not to punish them. That’s the whole story.

It was no part of the Commission’s job to consider the legality outside football of the EBT arrangements, so it’s slightly interesting that it feels the need to make this point.

“What we are concerned with is the fact that the side-letters issued to the Specified Players, in the course of the operation of the EBT scheme, were not disclosed to the SPL and the SFA as required by their respective Rules.
It seems appropriate in the first place to consider whether such breach by non-disclosure conferred any competitive advantage on Rangers FC. Given that we have held that Rangers FC did not breach Rule D1.11 by playing ineligible players, it did not secure any direct competitive advantage in that respect. If the breach of the rules by non-disclosure of the side-letters conferred any competitive advantage, that could only have been an indirect one”

This interpretation is the core of the Commission’s decision to, in effect, not punish Rangers at all. What it says is that although Rangers were registering players illegally, because they didn’t get caught at the time it didn’t count, and any game in which they played must be allowed to stand.

“Although it is clear to us from Mr Odam’s evidence that Oldco’s failure to disclose the side-letters to the SPL and the SFA was at least partly motivated by a wish not to risk prejudicing the tax advantages of the EBT scheme, we are unable to reach the conclusion that this led to any competitive advantage.

There was no evidence before us as to whether any other members of the SPL used similar EBT schemes, or the effect of their doing so.”

This is a very strange section. It translates as “We can’t say that Rangers gained a competitive advantage by playing improperly-registered players, because for all we know every other club was doing it as well.” Or simplified further: they were cheating, but maybe everyone else was too, which would cancel it out.

Not my words but the lord-Nimmo Smith scandal should have been challenged !!!!

Being said now, that Ivan Toney was actually at Celtic Park ready to sign for six million. Change of heart from Celtic. If true, then it is truly shocking.Terrific player. It would have been a steal at that price. He would have made a massive difference. Could have been a game changer for TIAR. And an appreciating sell on value to boot. Penny pinching at it's parsimonious worst. I would love to know who made that decision. Lawell or the board ? Gavin Strachan was for him, and if so, I think that shows he can identify a player, and is good enough for me to give him a chance.
I think that story is bullshit. If it was true Barry Fry would have told us . He told us everything else about our approach for toney

I think that story is bullshit. If it was true Barry Fry would have told us . He told us everything else about our approach for toney
Could be GB81. I have my own major doubts as well. He fits Lawell's profile perfectly. Except maybe for the extra €1m.
Also hard to see Lennon saying no to him. Especially in the season involved, and with Gavin Strachan an admirer with inside information. The board in fairness did sanction and pay €5m for the alternative. It's hard to imagine that the extra €1m would have been crucial to their decision. Somebody shit stirring?

Ajeti is Bangura and I clam my fiver. Klimala is better and he's not a Celtic class striker.

He wisnae at parkhead ffs theres gonny be all sorts of daft bullshit rumours about lawwel and lenny and how it all came crashing doon lot a shite

Anyone believe the rot seriously began to set In around the time of our custodians kicking Res 12 in to touch?...
Naw
Think it was after the snakes moonlight and sandy lane closing down the golf course maybeDesmond decided to read his emails and found out exactly what was going on

Lawwells exit would have been announced at the end of last year or the begining of the season , the fact he's heading for the exit without much fanfare reeksof someone having had a look under the bonnet and hasn't liked what they've seen

You never leave a job unless you've a better one lined up ,,,,,,he's got nowt

You think right Glasbhoy81,we only need to ask ourselves ...why did this story take so long to surface..if he had been at Parkhead the media would have been all over it,we have never been able to keep anything else secret..so why would we keep this a secret..

HH.

Naw
Think it was after the snakes moonlight and sandy lane closing down the golf course maybeDesmond decided to read his emails and found out exactly what was going on

Lawwells exit would have been announced at the end of last year or the begining of the season , the fact he's heading for the exit without much fanfare reeksof someone having had a look under the bonnet and hasn't liked what they've seen

You never leave a job unless you've a better one lined up ,,,,,,he's got nowt
You would,nt need to look under the bonnet Kelly to see the destruction this man has left behind, everywhere we turn we are reminded of the legacies he has left us with.
He had the opportunity to crush the bug on the sooside and decided not to jump on them he said we need a strong sevco,I wonder if sevco would feel the same..

HH

You think right Glasbhoy81,we only need to ask ourselves ...why did this story take so long to surface..if he had been at Parkhead the media would have been all over it,we have never been able to keep anything else secret..so why would we keep this a secret..

HH.
Would need to look back the threads but think it may have been mentioned on here or maybe kds ,but it was reported again by Stephen Mcgowan of the daily mail who was Lawwells go to man to give a story
why he's reporting it now ,,, no idea ,,,but think there's some truth to it

Could be GB81. I have my own major doubts as well. He fits Lawell's profile perfectly. Except maybe for the extra €1m.
Also hard to see Lennon saying no to him. Especially in the season involved, and with Gavin Strachan an admirer with inside information. The board in fairness did sanction and pay €5m for the alternative. It's hard to imagine that the extra €1m would have been crucial to their decision. Somebody shit stirring?
Was Strachan even at the club when Toney signed for Brentford.
During the whole transfer saga Fry was in the paper every second day. If he had let the player travel up to Celtic park before agreeing terms, he would have let everyone know to put pressure on our board

Was Strachan even at the club when Toney signed for Brentford.
During the whole transfer saga Fry was in the paper every second day. If he had let the player travel up to Celtic park before agreeing terms, he would have let everyone know to put pressure on our board
Strachan joined late June/early July 2020.
Toney signed for Brentford on 1st September 2020.
I remember it being floated that Strachan being with us, might help convince Toney to sign, as they had a good relationship at Peterborough.

Last edited:
They wanted 6m we offered 4m thinking we could wait them out and nick him with a lower figure , storys in the english sun have the snake looking at offering £25m

Again with the questions

My guess

Foster sayin Naw when he did say aye (lawwells fault)

Hayes Hunted (lawwells fault)

jozo binned by letter (lawwells fault)

Gordon rejected for the sake of £300,000 (lawwells fault)

Desmond claiming the squad needed the help of a shrink for this season

players not given a feck and turning up unfit

weird team selections

playing champions league matches without a striker

keep old players on the park

new players on the bench

Bolis holiday hole in one

2 game ban

a crap keeper

a 5 million crap keeper (lawwells fault)

Duffy arriving lennon didn't want kennedy did so both there's and (lawwells fault)

Ajeti unfit 5m wasted (lawwells fault)

International players returning and having to isolate even while testing negative

dubia going when told it was ok

returning when they said only kiddin it wisnae ok

2 game ban and new rules applied but only to us 13 players having to isolate new weird rules of 4 players to a bus ,,,,,no other team doing that

Nobody at the club speaking up calling this out or taking the govt/sfa to task

zoom calls where they got to grass each other up and somebody got the absentee landlord to listen

shit refs

crap streams

thelists endless
Spot on kelly and that is just this season alone.
I personally have been questioning for a fair while now

Did serco scum really win the league or did we let them win the league?

Of course the table will say it was won by them, but the evidence may well tell a different story.
Under BR snake, celtic became an unstoppable express train within the Scottish game, resetting records and destroying all before them.
Even when we went into standstill mode, we were still able to beat and win all before us giving us 11 trophies on the trot.
Even with having to go into reverse gear we still finished off the quad treble

Now the only conclusion I can come to, is that it was never really in the best interests of this board to hit the magical 10.
So that can only indicate that there must be far bigger things going on behind the scenes and serco scum have to be taken along for the ride until we can drop them for the bag of shite they really are. So is there something going on within Europe that we want to be part of but need the scum also for the time being?
We all knew that the stop the 10 at all costs would be put in place, but taken by surprise at what degree.
Government showing clear bias in favour of scum.
Cheating mib's showing quite openly just how much there cheating can affect games.
Scottish FA setting different rules for us compared to everyone else, along with there u turns on rules.

Yet all of those other factors could not guarantee the stop the 10 could be a success not unless we could put our express train into reverse, and the easiest way of doing so would be to cause chaos within the changing room.
We have seen nearly all our players chuck it this season with only 4 getting pass marks and 3 of them have missed huge chunks of the season.
Even lenny acting as a puppet for PL traitor with his head so far up his arse would explain most of the shite he has came out with this season.
In fairness to lenny i would say this role as a board lackie is not one that suits him and also not that good at pulling it off.
Also I don't believe he has turned into Goofey either yet playing the role very well.
When you start asking the questions many of the members on the noise have raised like
Why keep persisting with zonal marking when it has offered up so many chances that have been taken?
Why keep playing full back's so high up leaving us so open for the counter especially with the lack of pace with our CB mostly?
Why keep hitting low balls into a centre that are easier to clear and our forwards have to deal with while there backs are to goal?
Of course the list of questions is endless and yet we are meant to believe lenny has become that dopey in decision making and a team of serial winners suddenly start playing like the average pub team on a Sunday morning.

Sandman was spot on with his claim this is not Celtic, and WE all want it back.
What ever plans this board have got going on in the background better include getting the right train drivers back on board, and heading back in the right direction.
A good few changes in passengers needed, let the ones off who don't want to be upon our train to be replaced by one's who do.

An act of treason may have been committed upon our support this season, and we better never be exposed to it ever again as we won't tolerate ever handing a title to serco scum ever again

True but looking forward with eddy set to leave its griff ajeti and klimala possibly bayo we have to work with I can see klimala being one of a front 2 but with which one is anyones guess
We need 4 strikers normally to complete our schedule. When we get rid of Ajeti (as we must surely cut our losses) and Bayo who is also a dumpling.....and Eddy is gone we will need to add another one or two. Griffiths and Klimala can take care of domestic football so we need another Eddy/Dembele type who can give us a return, and maybe a project.

We're finding out in dribs and drabs what a really happened. Apparently now strachan was Kennedy's man and not Lennons. And Kennedy was planted there by lawell to not allow Lennon to have complete control. Lennon was a fool to agree to that and now it's cost him and the other snakes are still in a job. And tory Pete is allowed to leave on his terms. Fuckin scumbag.

Members online

Latest posts

Back