Motherwell v Celtic - Saturday 10 August - all comments here

We get 3 or 4 players in that we need of quality then we soar.

Get the players in Lawell. It’s all down to you. There is no excuse not to, we have circa £50m in the tin. Lighten it up, it will be easier to plank it. Every cloud.

We all call it like we see it.....Too many times in the first half we were very average imo. The mothers were in it but couldn’t sustain it.....a better, fitter team would have really bothered us.....ask your self this.....would we have got away with that first half performance at Mordor or against a decent European team?

I’m not having a moan just for the sake of it.....we set the standard last week when we destroyed St Johnstone with a high energy, clinical, totally dominant performance.....I didn’t see that enough today and I know we still scored 5 goals after a tough away European game.....anyway it’s all about opinions

For the first 35!mins Motherwell took the game to us and played some good stuff turning point was the Ajer goal and Griff scoring just before half time. 2d half we had control of the game and were clinical in finishing could have been a !pre nervous affair but in the end another 3 points with a few goals to celebrate

Last week one goal off today called the five. The two goals we lost were very poor. Defence still a worry. Mid to front very dangerous. Hard place to go, so delighted we scored five without hitting anywhere near top gear.

If we consolidate the defence we are on our way to the CL. And we will need to have it in that, better teams will exploit the unforced errors we make.

A RB and LB of quality means we step up. I would want two LB’s because it’s a weakness that Well tried to exploit. Better players will too and we need to tighten up drastically there.

All eyes on the board and Lenny’s targets being able to hit the ground running. Time is a luxury you never have in the CL qualifiers.

I think those claiming Morgan are shite are those who were saying the EXACT same stuff about Corpus this time last season. 'Not fit to wear the hoops', 'sell him to Aberdeen', 'get him loaned out' etc. etc. I'll freely admit I wasn't convinced of the quality of Corpus either until I think that league cup semi at Murrayfield where he comes on and scores a worldy and then can't put a foot wrong until he picks up an injury in the later half of last year.

Morgan grew into that game and there's no doubt that he lacks quality/confidence in final third, but I think he can attain those qualities and I was very impressed by work ethic and his tracking back. I'm opTIMistic about the lad.

I think those claiming Morgan are shite are those who were saying the EXACT same stuff about Corpus this time last season. 'Not fit to wear the hoops', 'sell him to Aberdeen', 'get him loaned out' etc. etc. I'll freely admit I wasn't convinced of the quality of Corpus either until I think that league cup semi at Murrayfield where he comes on and scores a worldy and then can't put a foot wrong until he picks up an injury in the later half of last year.

Morgan grew into that game and there's no doubt that he lacks quality/confidence in final third, but I think he can attain those qualities and I was very impressed by work ethic and his tracking back. I'm opTIMistic about the lad.

He got a lot better and he needs to or he will dissapear. I think he’s a player, but he needs to produce his second half showing. I still think we need to give Shved a game. He looks class and deserves a run.

Last week one goal off today called the five. The two goals we lost were very poor. Defence still a worry. Mid to front very dangerous. Hard place to go, so delighted we scored five without hitting anywhere near top gear.

If we consolidate the defence we are on our way to the CL. And we will need to have it in that, better teams will exploit the unforced errors we make.

A RB and LB of quality means we step up. I would want two LB’s because it’s a weakness that Well tried to exploit. Better players will too and we need to tighten up drastically there.

All eyes on the board and Lenny’s targets being able to hit the ground running. Time is a luxury you never have in the CL qualifiers.

Have to agree with this. I thought our defence looked fragile loosing two goals and giving up several opportunities. Sure NL will see it.
Thought going forward we looked very good.
HH

I think Morgan could be a better 10 than an outright winger

I 100% agree with you that, regardless of anything, we need two left-backs. However, what I'm also convinced of, after today, is that Bolingoli's problems are teething problems and not chronic problems that can't be addressed. At times today, he looked first class. Mostly going forward, but he had a few good defensive moments too. I think he'll come good. But irregardless, we need quality competition in LB.

If we strengthen even further now, and I think it's obvious we will, we will have a monster of a squad in domestic terms. We already do have easily the best squad in our league ofc, but if we bring in even more quality in key areas, we're going to crush the fuck out of the league.

We all call it like we see it.

i agree. We do. And here's how I saw it: Slow start against a team amped up to beat us (as all teams are apparently) followed by the Bhoys gaining momentum and finishing strong. I'm glad to have a slow start for a huge finish, though I'd rather have a strong game from whistle to whistle. I'd also like a Lamborghini, but it doesn't mean I'll get it.

anyway it’s all about opinions

That it is, mate. And as the car ads say, "your mileage may vary."

Have to agree with this. I thought our defence looked fragile loosing two goals and giving up several opportunities. Sure NL will see it.
Thought going forward we looked very good.
HH

For me, our defensive woes today, while unacceptable, are unsurprising, given we are essentially breeding in a new back 4 or several different combos of a back 4. Jullien's first league start, while Bolingoli is I think struggling to work out the pace of the game in Scotland. But I'm confident. But as TheVerdict says, it's so key we strengthen at LB to make it competitive and give us a new dimension there and also in other key areas.

I 100% agree with you that, regardless of anything, we need two left-backs. However, what I'm also convinced of, after today, is that Bolingoli's problems are teething problems and not chronic problems that can't be addressed. At times today, he looked first class. Mostly going forward, but he had a few good defensive moments too. I think he'll come good. But irregardless, we need quality competition in LB.

If we strengthen even further now, and I think it's obvious we will, we will have a monster of a squad in domestic terms. We already do have easily the best squad in our league ofc, but if we bring in even more quality in key areas, we're going to crush the fuck out of the league.

I hope he comes good, but he’s not a LB we can even remotely rely on right now. We can’t go into the playoff, if we get there with a glaring weak link. And he is a weak link right now. Right now is all that matters.

We all call it like we see it.....Too many times in the first half we were very average imo. The mothers were in it but couldn’t sustain it.....a better, fitter team would have really bothered us.....ask your self this.....would we have got away with that first half performance at Mordor or against a decent European team?

I’m not having a moan just for the sake of it.....we set the standard last week when we destroyed St Johnstone with a high energy, clinical, totally dominant performance.....I didn’t see that enough today and I know we still scored 5 goals after a tough away European game.....anyway it’s all about opinions
Ask yer self this we’re we playin a decent European team ..... naw we won five two get over it I’m sure you’ll have plenty to say when and if we get beat ..... no the fuckin day 5-2 FFS

Members online

Latest posts

Back