Moussa

No offence but I couldn't care less that he's gone, if he is. Yeah, he was great WHEN he played but seemed more injury prone than most.

I've never come across a player who has been leaving every week since he joined! Jeez, even Larsson wasn't as sought after as much!

Also, if the board don't spend now then the ramifications will be severe.

Fair point actually and your spot on about the ramifications. Who do you think the fall guy or guys should be if they don’t pass the money over for new signings and I mean decent signings and who do you think would be there striker options and the obvious defensive signings

No offence but I couldn't care less that he's gone, if he is. Yeah, he was great WHEN he played but seemed more injury prone than most.

I've never come across a player who has been leaving every week since he joined! Jeez, even Larsson wasn't as sought after as much!

Also, if the board don't spend now then the ramifications will be severe.

No offence but can you actually point to any historical article where Moussa claimed he wanted to leave.
Don't you remember a couple of windows back, after all the press speculation when BR came out eventually (just after the window had closed) and stated Moussa never wanted to leave. If true (and there is no evidence I could find to contradict) then who was doing the hawking? either his agent or worse someone at Celtic.
You appear to suggest it is all Moussa! Do you have any articles or links to show this?

I would change my mind about Moussa if so, but don't see it.

Last edited:
No offence but can you actually point to any historical article where Moussa claimed he wanted to leave.
Don't you remember a couple of windows back, after all the press speculation when BR came out eventually (just after the window had closed) and stated Moussa never wanted to leave. If true (and there is no evidence I could find to contradict) then who was doing the hawking? either his agent or worse someone at Celtic.
You appear to suggest it is all Moussa! Do you have any articles or links to show this?

I would change my mind about Moussa if so, but don't see it.

No offence, Jim, but if you can actually point out where I stated that Moussa has been orchestrating a move I'd be a happy man.

Maybe, if you don't read between the lines and come up with 2+2=1888 then you'll find forum life much easier (y)

Fair point actually and your spot on about the ramifications. Who do you think the fall guy or guys should be if they don’t pass the money over for new signings and I mean decent signings and who do you think would be there striker options and the obvious defensive signings

Cheers, Steven.

Fall guys, where do we start? The whole lot, including Brendan. The majority of his signings have been average at best. If we look at the likes of Hendry and Hayes then one has to wonder what the hell is going on. Contrast the list of potential stars with ready made first team players brought in and it's almost like Ronnie was in charge again, ffs! Which, in itself, would suggest that Lawwell has always remained in charge of recruitment.

As for quality players coming in, that is where the farce enters the twilight zone!

Who is really in charge? Where/who are the realistic targets? Do we have a chance of getting them? In other words, what in the name of God is going on?

Personally, I've no idea but it is a complete and utter shambles at present.

It's being reported on a Celtic site that Rodgers won't let him go without a replacement. That in itself is a wee bit comforting. I have a feeling that agents are responsible for this mess!

Cheers, Steven.

Fall guys, where do we start? The whole lot, including Brendan. The majority of his signings have been average at best. If we look at the likes of Hendry and Hayes then one has to wonder what the hell is going on. Contrast the list of potential stars with ready made first team players brought in and it's almost like Ronnie was in charge again, ffs! Which, in itself, would suggest that Lawwell has always remained in charge of recruitment.

As for quality players coming in, that is where the farce enters the twilight zone!

Who is really in charge? Where/who are the realistic targets? Do we have a chance of getting them? In other words, what in the name of God is going on?

Personally, I've no idea but it is a complete and utter shambles at present.

I don’t thinkit’s right to condemn the signing of hendry,he was bought for he future as Brendan has said numerous times,you don’t expect him him to play for Dundee then all of a sudden be celtics best center half,Brendan has been brought to buy young up and coming players and develop them,then to move them on for profit,and that’s what he’s tried to do with hendry,Moussa,ncham,not every one works,it’s hard to take for us Celtic fans but that’s where we are at,

Personally I’m not too fussed, a fee in excess of £20m is good money for someone who has had their share of injuries. We knew this was coming from the minute he scored his hat trick against the tribute act. What I am concerned about is whether we have a genuine replacement lined up or whether we’ll be scratching around at the death trying to get anyone in, just to fill a jersey ( I know which one my money’s on )
Unless something really dramatic happens this window has been a shambles, and given our position of strength and domestic dominance makes it even more shambolic. But hey there’s still time yet .... isn’t there???

What pisses me off is not the fact that the club will cash in on players like Dembelle ,it's that they don't have options to replace them when clubs come calling. It has been made clear that we are a selling club , so that being the case we should be covering all bases . We also have been short in defense for several seasons now along with a need for a creative midfielder , not to mention a replacement for Broony and seem to be doing next to nothing about it . Would it be too much to expect say, two 5 million players arriving each season given the monies accumulated over the past few years in terms of transfer fees received and European competition .

IMO Dembélé can go I think Eddy is going to be a better player anyway plus 22.5 mil could get us a decent replacement I know he’s not a direct replacement but I’d go for James McLean least he’d give his all every game

No offence, Jim, but if you can actually point out where I stated that Moussa has been orchestrating a move I'd be a happy man.

Maybe, if you don't read between the lines and come up with 2+2=1888 then you'll find forum life much easier (y)
True ?

I remember the day they sold dalgleish to Liverpool I was gutted
Celtic were on the verge of building a great team again all for nothing
Loos like it's happening all over again dejavu

Dembele has been a star and a gent for us. He was always going to leave at some point and he has never sulked or went on strike for a transfer. I'll root for any team he plays for in the future.

At one point I thought we'd get £30m+ for him because in his first season he looked like he had absolutely everything in his game. £22m for a player who seems to pull his hamstring three times a year isn't bad.

The timing still stinks.

Is it not quite unusual for personal terms to even be discussed prior to a bid being accepted let alone be agreed?

We should have beat AEK and I would have fancied our chances in group E. On another point the pitch looked brilliant tonight. C9CD8D39-BD0A-41C7-8EB7-32EDA55E51D7.png

Just seen Moussas tweets. From what I can see from the outside looking in , he has always handled himself very professionally while he’s been here . Something that I can’t say for the board. If you have a player who you have signed on the proviso that you won’t stand in his way when a move to a so called bigger league/club comes in and you don’t have a list of possible replacements ready to go thats poor planning/ management. This situation is not one that Celtic didn’t know was coming.

Just seen Moussas tweets. From what I can see from the outside looking in , he has always handled himself very professionally while he’s been here . Something that I can’t say for the board. If you have a player who you have signed on the proviso that you won’t stand in his way when a move to a so called bigger league/club comes in and you don’t have a list of possible replacements ready to go thats poor planning/ management. This situation is not one that Celtic didn’t know was coming.
Agreed. Playing devils advocate however players always take what their agents tell them as gospel. You only have to look at the Boyata situation to understand their mentality in securing a deal. One possible answer is the agreed timeline has been manipulated by the agent in his interpretation to the player hence Celtic appearing to be unprepared. Either that or other deals for replacements have dried up.

I'd think that Celtic told MD he can talk to another club if they meet our valuation, and we have a replacement in place. As yet I read from reports that Lyon have NOT met our valuation. MD is a man of his word and will knuckle down for the club until such times as these conditions are met. I'm sure he DID / does want to join Lyon and return to France BUT the conditions have NOT been met.

Members online

Latest posts

Back