Neil Lennon is gonna break our hearts

The performance today was much better than score line suggests , still a few concerns though , Barkas not convincing me right now , but he is still finding his feet so time will tell , Ajer has had his head turned if we get 15 million then that represents a good deal on current form have no concerns as Bitton or hamed can step in , donโ€™t need a replacement , taylor still to prove himself , I donโ€™t know if he will cut it , so defensively a lot of work still to do shipping to many goals on the positive, Christie , Frimpong , calmac and Ajeti all looked excellent today, as regards Neil Francis , give him a break he will get there on his best team , early days and top of the league , respect everyone has an opinion but op is harsh

The performance today was much better than score line suggests , still a few concerns though , Barkas not convincing me right now , but he is still finding his feet so time will tell , Ajer has had his head turned if we get 15 million then that represents a good deal on current form have no concerns as Bitton or hamed can step in , donโ€™t need a replacement , taylor still to prove himself , I donโ€™t know if he will cut it , so defensively a lot of work still to do shipping to many goals on the positive, Christie , Frimpong , calmac and Ajeti all looked excellent today, as regards Neil Francis , give him a break he will get there on his best team , early days and top of the league , respect everyone has an opinion but op is harsh
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Mon the dayshift!

Love this place, and it always amazes me when we lose our shit about our team, in a perfect world, it would all be kept really civil, meanwhile, in the real world, we are tucked away in a room somewhere in the world, the vast majority it seems on some kind of mind altering substance whether it be booze or narcos, so then it can get a wee bit messy, when it's done right, a difference of opinion can entertain the rest of us no end, but because we're a passionate bunch, things can turn pretty fast, the OP has some balls in my opinion, I don't agree with him, but I certainly think if my opening post was to tell Lenny to gtf, I think the tin hat would be on for the incoming๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ€

Just a wee observation about modern goalkeeping that really, really annoys me. It seems that keepers are much more athletic and agile nowadays, but they barely move their feet to make up ground, they are effectively diving/jumping from a standing start.

I was aboot as agile as a baby elephant but the importance of taking one or two steps made all the difference. I know that I'm harping on about our defence playing too deep, but that doesn't help any of our keepers as they can't advance that yard or three which narrows the target. A keeper doesn't want to play blind, so Barkas has to start his move from the goal-line to maintain his line of sight.

Take the first goal against Ferencvaros and Serrano ham's effort yesterday. Not a lot of movement prior to making his attempt to save and rooted to the line both times because our defence was only 10-yards at max ahead of him. If the lads are even 5-yards higher up, that gives him a couple of yards to move forward and set his position for the strike coming in.

Time to steal the huns bonfire tyres and do that old drill where you step in-and-out of them. Helps with the short sharp movements.

Love this place, and it always amazes me when we lose our shit about our team, in a perfect world, it would all be kept really civil, meanwhile, in the real world, we are tucked away in a room somewhere in the world, the vast majority it seems on some kind of mind altering substance whether it be booze or narcos, so then it can get a wee bit messy, when it's done right, a difference of opinion can entertain the rest of us no end, but because we're a passionate bunch, things can turn pretty fast, the OP has some balls in my opinion, I don't agree with him, but I certainly think if my opening post was to tell Lenny to gtf, I think the tin hat would be on for the incoming๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ€
I just get high aff o' my own slightly toxic pheromones, Ben. I'm like a magnet to bees and wasps (although that might also be due to my natural stickiness)

People have different opinionโ€™s and thatโ€™s a a good thing, questions answered and answers questioned, but to shout down people that have a different opinion from you is the type of behaviour that belongs over on follow follow, there is a lot of hun lurkers, but you can smell them a mile away, Iโ€™m for sticking with Lennon, changing horses mid stream is not for me, heโ€™ll eventually hit on a winning formula, we are top of the league and havenโ€™t gotten out of 2nd gear, all we need is for hibs to do us a wee turn today, and all will be right with the world again COY(Edinburgh) BIG ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’š

People have different opinionโ€™s and thatโ€™s a a good thing, questions answered and answers questioned, but to shout down people that have a different opinion from you is the type of behaviour that belongs over on follow follow, tire the is a lot of hun lurkers, but you can smell them a mile away, Iโ€™m for sticking with Lennon, changing horses mid stream is not for me, heโ€™ll eventually hit on a winning formula, we are top of the league and havenโ€™t gotten out of 2nd gear, all we need is for hibs to do us a wee turn today, and all will be right with the world again COY(Edinburgh) BIG ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’š
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅณ

He was a cheap option, tactically naive, canโ€™t pick a player, doesnโ€™t know his best team, and lets our board away with murder.
Get him tae F@vk before itโ€™s too late

Strong opinions man, but not totally without some merit.

1. I doubt that anyone could argue that Lenny was a cheap option. I'd be surprised if his take-home pay is anywhere near the Rat's wage packet.

2. He has definitely shown tactical naivety on more than one occasion.

3. Harsh to say he can't pick a player and tough to back that statement up. There are better managers than him that have signed dross and played dross, week after week.

4. Definitely doesn't know his best team yet.

5. If you think ANY manager at Celtic will be able to control our board then you're sadly mistaken.

6. Hard to make a case for "getting him tae fuck," when we've just gone top of the league!

My biggest gripe about Lenny is that he's failing to blood the players we need to be blooded imho.

Bringing on Forrest yesterday was just plain stupid. We know what he does and what he brings to the team.

Five minutes for Turnbull was not nearly enough.

Soro needs game time.

Luca Connell deserves some minutes in the wing-back/left-back slot. If we're not going to sign a bloody left-back then at least give Taylor a little competition for that position with the young lad. He's looked very capable every time I've seen him.

What's happened to Karamoko?

Brown playing a full ninety minutes was unnecessary.

I suspect the importance of this season is lowering the tolerance level of some people. You can find a case for optimism or pessimism in every 90 minutes of play. Football can be a game of fine margins and every post hit could have represented win or loss. Chill out people. There is no crisis. Room for improvement of course but we are favourites for a reason.

Strong opinions man, but not totally without some merit.

1. I doubt that anyone could argue that Lenny was a cheap option. I'd be surprised if his take-home pay is anywhere near the Rat's wage packet.

2. He has definitely shown tactical naivety on more than one occasion.

3. Harsh to say he can't pick a player and tough to back that statement up. There are better managers than him that have signed dross and played dross, week after week.

4. Definitely doesn't know his best team yet.

5. If you think ANY manager at Celtic will be able to control our board then you're sadly mistaken.

6. Hard to make a case for "getting him tae fuck," when we've just gone top of the league!

My biggest gripe about Lenny is that he's failing to blood the players we need to be blooded imho.

Bringing on Forrest yesterday was just plain stupid. We know what he does and what he brings to the team.

Five minutes for Turnbull was not nearly enough.

Soro needs game time.

Luca Connell deserves some minutes in the wing-back/left-back slot. If we're not going to sign a bloody left-back then at least give Taylor a little competition for that position with the young lad. He's looked very capable every time I've seen him.

What's happened to Karamoko?

Brown playing a full ninety minutes was unnecessary.

Khenny, maybe no much of a compliment coming from a wee wumin Celtic fan but the best and well written/explained post of the thread.

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ HH

Khenny, maybe no much of a compliment coming from a wee wumin Celtic fan but the best and well written/explained post of the thread.

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ HH

I'm married to a very knowledgable "wummin" who loves all things Celtic and can argue football with anyone which I'm sure you can too.

The days of downplaying the calibre of your opinion because of your gender are long gone.

Thanks for the compliment, it means a great deal. ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ (y)

Members online

Latest posts

Back