Neil Lennon is gonna break our hearts

I played a bounce game for my niece's man's team last year. They used the Adidas ball similar to the Russian World Cup ball. Over £100 for a ball and it was a feckin shocker!!!.

Thing flew for miles and daftworks here was the one who had to run and get the wee perfectly spherical roond bastart fae three pitch lengths away!!
Probably Spherical it was a £1 for the ball and £99 for the name,Adidas dont do cheap mate..

HH.

A few of us are on the record as saying that Lenny needs a resistant assistant to curb his stubbornness and excesses, but I'm struggling to come up with a single name in our price bracket who could come in and do a better job.
Yes - I think he needs help. We shouldn’t be considering teplacing him in my opinion. But Lenny has to tone down the strange teams (but they have mostly paid off so far this season).

A few of us are on the record as saying that Lenny needs a resistant assistant to curb his stubbornness and excesses, but I'm struggling to come up with a single name in our price bracket who could come in and do a better job.
What about the guy who replaced Slippy at liverreds unner 6s ffs guys it’s NFL he’s the man in charge the hunnites go ape shit with a draw. We’ve got some want him out when we win. In NFL I trust imo

HH 🍀

'a resistant assistant' I like that. Have to agree. someone to keep him steady rather than feel the need to change in europe for the sake of it..someone like the the NYC manager 😉
Could have been Henrik but Lenny (allegedly) said no thanks, if not...John 'Yogi' Hughes. For an industrious defender he fair coached pure fitba, and he ain't scared to foist an opinion, he's also low enough profile not to overshadow. Why he isn't managing or coaching in the top 6 is beyond me. Are we that good in Scotland?

'a resistant assistant' I like that. Have to agree. someone to keep him steady rather than feel the need to change in europe for the sake of it..someone like the the NYC manager 😉
Could have been Henrik but Lenny (allegedly) said no thanks, if not...John 'Yogi' Hughes. For an industrious defender he fair coached pure fitba, and he ain't scared to foist an opinion, he's also low enough profile not to overshadow. Why he isn't managing or coaching in the top 6 is beyond me. Are we that good in Scotland?
Yogi is criminally under-rated as a coach and I make that a helluva shout, Niall. Never even considered him as a no.2, but it's got potential.

Ronny would have made a great coach/assistant. Even Stokesy said he was a "lovely fella" and maybe be that 'buffer' between the players and the boss.

This is where Lenny makes a rod for his own back,,by coming out with stupid comments like these.
We need to remenber he played twice for France then against St Mirren,,am I missing something here,have France decided to pick up Eddy,s wage bill..he is a 22 year old striker playing for Glasgow Celtic,,now Lenny is talking about wrapping him in cotton wool,no wonder people on here give Lenny a roasting at times..

HH.

My old boss was a Raith Rovers season ticket holder and apparentlt no-one at that club have a good thing to say about Hughes. He totally alienated the players from the start, pissed off the board/management and fell out with the fans. I guess he now has a "repuation" in the game as everyobe will have heard that he is a prickly character.

This is where Lenny makes a rod for his own back,,by coming out with stupid comments like these.
We need to remenber he played twice for France then against St Mirren,,am I missing something here,have France decided to pick up Eddy,s wage bill..he is a 22 year old striker playing for Glasgow Celtic,,now Lenny is talking about wrapping him in cotton wool,no wonder people on here give Lenny a roasting at times..

HH.
GS, I get a bit perplexed at Lenny's statements, but then you have to counterweight that with the actuality that the broadcast and print media in this backwater aren't remotely interested in facts.

I guess when you've been on the receiving end of the media backlash that Lenny has had to endure, then any public statements are a potential minefield.

Yogi is criminally under-rated as a coach and I make that a helluva shout, Niall. Never even considered him as a no.2, but it's got potential.

Ronny would have made a great coach/assistant. Even Stokesy said he was a "lovely fella" and maybe be that 'buffer' between the players and the boss.
You do need the difference in styles and philosophies. Having played up there and just how laid back they are (to their own detriment might I add) to win a Scottish Cup with Inverness...Just say that out loud. Mental!

Hands up who picked that we would win 3-2 on Saturday and that Hibs would draw 2-2 with Rangers and that Aberdeen would get pumped 3-0. No one! Superbru picks confirms that. In other words we do not know what the future holds. We keep making the mistake of thinking that the past predicts the future. Nothing in the Livingston game is helpful for the next one. We have won 9IAR so we will win 10IAR No! We will qualify for the Europa league group stages? Only if we beat Riga and the next team. Riga is the next game and no matter how much we hope and imagine we need the 16 players to earn their wages and do their job. It's a one off match and we will either win or lose. I hope it will be a win.

My old boss was a Raith Rovers season ticket holder and apparentlt no-one at that club have a good thing to say about Hughes. He totally alienated the players from the start, pissed off the board/management and fell out with the fans. I guess he now has a "repuation" in the game as everyobe will have heard that he is a prickly character.
The truth is, is that players nowadays are a different breed, BB. It was like the 12 labours of Hercules in the old days being a young player and definitely survival of the (emotionally) fittest.

Perhaps Yogi's 'old school' approach might not be de rigueur, but sometimes there's no point selling soft soap when a right good boot up the keister is required!

Heard the same. I know he was advised against that club as not a good fit but did it as a favour for a good mate. Backfired massively. I know the impression he gives but he's no billy big boots, he's a coach- maybe at the top level not a manager- but hes better than most in our top six in either role...and the way he wants to play is real football

If I remember right Eddy missed our game before he played for France because of the same thigh injury,but I am sure we were all delighted when we saw he could turn out for France..

HH.
GS, I get a bit perplexed at Lenny's statements, but then you have to counterweight that with the actuality that the broadcast and print media in this backwater aren't remotely interested in facts.

I guess when you've been on the receiving end of the media backlash that Lenny has had to endure, then any public statements are a potential minefield.
I know what you are saying Spherical .I will give things a bit more thought before I make a comment.
Your comment to me is justified mate..

HH.

The truth is, is that players nowadays are a different breed, BB. It was like the 12 labours of Hercules in the old days being a young player and definitely survival of the (emotionally) fittest.

Perhaps Yogi's 'old school' approach might not be de rigueur, but sometimes there's no point selling soft soap when a right good boot up the keister is required!
Yeah, modern footballers are mostly spoilt brats. But then even at my work when I hear the moans of younger staff I shake my head at their drama queen nonsense and start telling them about what it was like in "the olden days" when I were a lad (I do sound like a Monty Python sketch!).

Last edited:
Heard the same. I know he was advised against that club as not a good fit but did it as a favour for a good mate. Backfired massively. I know the impression he gives but he's no billy big boots, he's a coach- maybe at the top level not a manager- but hes better than most in our top six in either role...and the way he wants to play is real football
I thought Hughes would do brilliant there as I really like him. I was surprised when I heard how badly it went from very early on. He definitely would be prepared to debate with Lenny if he thought there might be a better way.

If I remember right Eddy missed our game before he played for France because of the same thigh injury,but I am sure we were all delighted when we saw he could turn out for France..

HH.

I know what you are saying Spherical .I will give things a bit more thought before I make a comment.
Your comment to me is justified mate..

HH.
Your comment was just fine, GS........absolutely spot on. Some of what he says doesn't add up and he can't play the fans for mugs.

It was me who wasn't clear enough, mate. I understand why he plays the media game, but I don't condone it. If the press want to twist his words, then that's on them, but they don't pay his wages and he has to trust the fans.

Yeah, modern footballers are mostly spoilt brats. But then even at my work when I hear the moans of younger staff I shake my head at their drama queen nonsense and start telling them about what it was like in "the olden days" when I were a lad (I do sound like a Monty Python sketch!).
If you tell people of today how tough it was then, they wouldn't believe you.

Members online

Back