New Celtic manager , who do we want?

Who do you want as the inevitable new manager?

• WGS

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Frank Lampard

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Steve Clarke

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Martin O'Neil

• Other (please state)

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Martinez /Maloney

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
No one fancies WGS even in the short term? I'm quite surprised by that. I think that he is way more tactically astute than Lennon and has plans a,b,and c as opposed to "plan a has gone to shit gavin whit does the lap top say?" Its says nae joy gaffer 😓
Couldn't stand another millisecond of Strachan back in any capacity at Celtic!
He might know the game but the standard of football we played under him was atrocious, completely anti-Celtic defensive zonal marking bullshit!
I will never forgive him for the manner in which we won the Scottish Cup v the Pars, utter pish the way he sent out a Celtic team to play that day still embarresses me. I've never been so unhappy at Celtic winning a cup ever in my life but I was that day for the manner in which we were set up and played.
We are Celtic, we can't have our team play such defensive nonsense.

Or mibbies I'm just an auld idealist!?!

Couldn't stand another millisecond of Strachan back in any capacity at Celtic!
He might know the game but the standard of football we played under him was atrocious, completely anti-Celtic defensive zonal marking bullshit!
I will never forgive him for the manner in which we won the Scottish Cup v the Pars, utter pish the way he sent out a Celtic team to play that day still embarresses me. I've never been so unhappy at Celtic winning a cup ever in my life but I was that day for the manner in which we were set up and played.
We are Celtic, we can't have our team play such defensive nonsense.

Or mibbies I'm just an auld idealist!?!
Aye oor current Defence is doing well mm
But it would be an improvement on the Current boss. On a interim basis
But agree a backwards step. Pay the Compo get a new man in NOW

HH 😂

The Steve Clarke rumour resurfacing today. A thread on the Huddleboard about him, rumour comes from a friend of Frank McGarvey who is an ex team mate.
That's the second time Ive seen this rumour in the last week.
Could be the Reason Alex Dyer walked, him And Stevie C Dream team at Perkheid
Soz that’s A Naw fur me
We need to be Progressive get someone in to Revolutionise us from Bottom to Top. Someone to get the Juices flowing.
and for the clubs Accountants the Season Tickets moving close the Top deck were no gonna need it.
We’re going Backwards if this is true.
HH 😔

Could be the Reason Alex Dyer walked, him And Stevie C Dream team at Perkheid
Soz that’s A Naw fur me
We need to be Progressive get someone in to Revolutionise us from Bottom to Top. Someone to get the Juices flowing.
and for the clubs Accountants the Season Tickets moving close the Top deck were no gonna need it.
We’re going Backwards if this is true.
HH 😔
Steve Clarke and a bye bye *Rangers, I think SC with a decent pool would settle in rather quickly, and we would have more chance of attracting good Scottish players.

Steve Clarke and a bye bye *Rangers, I think SC with a decent pool would settle in rather quickly, and we would have more chance of attracting good Scottish players.
i don't think it's a backward step at all.
We need to be careful for what we wish.

Right under our noses we've observed a manager turning around someone else's shite pretty quickly. Took Killie to a different level and probably the worst Scotland team in decades to a place where others couldn't. Admittedly with a bit of luck and by the skin of their teeth, but i'd rather that than glorious failure.

Think you might find that the reaction to the GB was no-one said they did not want them, just do not want a GB that trolls a man at his workplace or think it's fine to attack cars leaving stadiums etc. Matt Glone and the sack the board did peacefull protests and witheld support at games.
Theres more ways to achieve your entitlement to good product for your bucks, you only have to stop giving if you are not happy, money is king in any buisness.

Fergus introduced PL and the board and Fergus introduced the buy low sell high player market, he also would not buy players with no value at high salary, he also did not give a fuck about the ten in a row the old huns club were going for. He wanted a club to stand on its feet financially always and then rewards will come.
Hard to argue with PL when he places the quadruple and Invincible treble and 9 in a row on his resume. Now we are in transient mode, and the good times will be back again, financially we are not solid but we are better placed in financials than most during a lock down and pandemic.

0Clubs failing to move on assets will be forced to dilute wothless shares, thats the real news, IMO I can ride out a winter of discontent if I see the shoots of a new harvest.
👏👏👏👏☝️,HH Boab couldnt have put it better maself ( well mibbess if I tried 😁) seriously all this nonsense about how theyve reduced the gap financially, well that might be true but only to an extent as Celtic havent wielded their financial advantage often enough but will do soon enough . They have spent everything including the face painters money to get where they are now but that's unsustainable to put it mildly. We will see that they cannot afford to continue that level of investment ( which most of requires that those monies to be paid back) soft loans, backhanders etc and who will pay 10 million for a striker who cant stay on the park and never scores in any big games especially the biggest v Celtic? No one , championship side mibbess but 5-7 or he'll be off for nothing , tav was overlooked in preference for pingpong , these are their best players and they arent sought after. Us on the other hand have a whole squad of players being tracked by every club in world football, including our kids as weve seen unfortunately of late. McCann made sure wed always be financially stable and we are even with covid19 problems. HH

The Steve Clarke rumour resurfacing today. A thread on the Huddleboard about him, rumour comes from a friend of Frank McGarvey who is an ex team mate.
That's the second time Ive seen this rumour in the last week.

There very well may be some mileage in this.....Clarke knows the Scottish game.....he's obviously au fait with the European game ala Scotland.....He can also organise a defense set up which we sadly need.....he is obviously respected by the current Celtic players in the Scotland squad.....there is bound to be a European player or two that has caught his eye that would be affordable.....and with better players at his disposal I would expect the brand of football his team produces to be more pleasing to the eye.

If there's anything in this, I just hope his contract with the SFA is over after the Euros or the SFA will stick it to us re compensation like they did with the Tommy Burns and Kilmarnock parting of the ways back in the day.

Although it has to be remembered the SFA conveniently didn't demand compensation of the Huns when the cardigan broke his contract with Scotland to rejoin the Huns.....A clerical oversight perhaps?...

Celtic is not a job for a rookie manager, we need someone to hit the ground running, M&M would be my choice, Martinez played with Motherwell, so knows what Scottish football is all about and Maloney played for us, but both would be on a wage that would make lawwells eyes pop out, so that rules them out, expect some unknown Scandinavian or Eastern European (cheap and will do what he’s told)
Roberto Martinez Celtic Manager, would be very good.

Members online

Latest posts

Back