New Celtic manager , who do we want?

Who do you want as the inevitable new manager?

• WGS

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Frank Lampard

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Steve Clarke

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Martin O'Neil

• Other (please state)

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Martinez /Maloney

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
Keep this thread alive till we see the interim results. If we have any brains we'll forget the Hollywood options. WGS ,Jim Goodwin and Broonie might do me if the balance sheet is as bad as I expect
All clubs will have taken a hit , but I dont expect Celtic to be in a bad position comparably, why do you ghostie?

Hopefully the new manager will be just that, a manager leave the contract and scouting to the CEO guy, allow the new CEO to appoint a DOF,get a manager in who will structure the whole club fae youths to first team, allow him to get his OWN support team in from fitness to assistant coaches, no point in bringing in a manager and leaving him to work with something that isn't working. Also someone with a penchant for allowing youth to flourish would be a must for me.Nothing better for me personally than going to the games and seeing our home grown talent being involved.

Now as for actual names thats for the new Chief to find out.

My ideal would be Shaun and Roberto fae Belgium and if we have to wait till after the Euros so what, we ain't realistically going to do anything in Europe next season anyway, no reason why they cant be asked what players they would like and the support team can work on it asap.

Given that that is a long shot, I wouldn't be upset with Henke and Johan with a old head in a support role as DOF ie Wee Gordy or Martin O.

But no matter who comes in they will need to have the boards financial support and the above criteria for background support, they will I'm positive have the support backing.

I'm not that clued up on interim financial results etc but wont KTs transfer, the 25 million be included in the numbers this time around?

Id go for John Collins. As far as I can tell his only "crime" as a manager is expecting players to be professional in their approach to diet and fitness 🤷‍♂️
Problem with john Collins is that many still dont forgive ( long memories the Celtic supporters) the way he left, in a bosman cost the club a fortune. Hes not the man ( imo ) that Celtic fans want , we would perhaps have him as assistant or DOF or another position at the club. I for one would be astonished if he was given the reigns as I dont believe the support would be happy about it not for a second.Thats not the same as saying he couldnt do the job, just that I feel Celtic fans wouldnt want it

It is beginning to look like Desmond has already started his recruitment drive and it also looks like Fergal Harkin is not for sale but he is for hire to us,or maybe it is a friendly gesture by Man City to help us get back to where we belong.
The size of the recruitment needed by us next season will be massive,I expect we will lose,Eddy,Cristie,Bitton,Hendry, Sheved,Bayo,maybe Ajer,which hopefully brings us in around £60m which inludes the £7M we got for Frimpong,we might also lose Rogic and young Dembelle,the loan players I think will go back to their own clubs hopefully Laxalt and Elyanoussi who are both repoted to be on around the £60,000 per week mark..maybe Desmond and his board members will put in a few £m to boost the new managers war chest..
HH.

Problem with john Collins is that many still dont forgive ( long memories the Celtic supporters) the way he left, in a bosman cost the club a fortune. Hes not the man ( imo ) that Celtic fans want , we would perhaps have him as assistant or DOF or another position at the club. I for one would be astonished if he was given the reigns as I dont believe the support would be happy about it not for a second.Thats not the same as saying he couldnt do the job, just that I feel Celtic fans wouldnt want it
I think Andy H might have a wee point there Winter.
I agree 110% he will never be accepted as a Celtic manager but a dietician or diet advisory position might be a possibility,hev is in his 50,s now and still looks very healthy,we obviously do not have a great system in place now as regards to what food they are eating,we only need to look at Griff and see how well it does,nt work for him..

HH.

maybe Desmond and his board members will put in a few £m to boost the new managers war chest..
HH.
He will have to GS if he wants a successful Celtic, we cant sit back any longer and hope that rangers will trip over themselves financially or otherwise. That's too big a gamble and were seeing the negative results of doing that. If DD wanted a strong rangers to enhance the club and his own pocket then he let it go too far , now we are chasing a new club. This can only be allowed to be a seasons blip and nothing more. If normal service isnt resumed quickstyle there will be a lot of unhappy punters out there feeling theyve been sold a pig in a poke

I think Andy H might have a wee point there Winter.
I agree 110% he will never be accepted as a Celtic manager but a dietician or diet advisory position might be a possibility,hev is in his 50,s now and still looks very healthy,we obviously do not have a great system in place now as regards to what food they are eating,we only need to look at Griff and see how well it does,nt work for him..

HH.
Aye I did agree with many of us would have him in some position but imo not our no1 , there was many dissenters when he was ronnys no2 . Still I'm sure theres a position for him but not the top job no way. ☘

That didn't even occur to me to be honest and I was a fan back in the day when he went to Monaco. But here's a guy with experience of the spl, the epl and playing in France. He's clearly ahead of his time in Scottish terms anyway in his approach to fitness. If he was jonazzi collinzio everyone would be all for it 😁. Thirty years seems a long time to hold a grudge. Just my opinion of course. I accept others may still have an issue.

That didn't even occur to me to be honest and I was a fan back in the day when he went to Monaco. But here's a guy with experience of the spl, the epl and playing in France. He's clearly ahead of his time in Scottish terms anyway in his approach to fitness. If he was jonazzi collinzio everyone would be all for it 😁. Thirty years seems a long time to hold a grudge. Just my opinion of course. I accept others may still have an issue.
Before anyone else mentions it - the same acceptance does not apply to mo Johnson 😄

He will have to GS if he wants a successful Celtic, we cant sit back any longer and hope that rangers will trip over themselves financially or otherwise. That's too big a gamble and were seeing the negative results of doing that. If DD wanted a strong rangers to enhance the club and his own pocket then he let it go too far , now we are chasing a new club. This can only be allowed to be a seasons blip and nothing more. If normal service isnt resumed quickstyle there will be a lot of unhappy punters out there feeling theyve been sold a pig in a poke
I think Winter they are in a wee bit of bother again,you cannot run a ship the size slippy has bought or loaned and still expect to keep the lights on without getting the begging bowl out once again.
It is great for the zombies when they see new faces wearing their jersey but they forget these new faces need to be paid and I have no doubt slippy keeps forgetting he is now North of the border where money is slightly more difficult to come across.
We know they have went all in to stop the 10 and I firmly believe if they had failed we would be looking at plans for housing on Edmonston drive and Ibrox Way,they would have been gone,but no doubt ressurected somewhere along the way..Again..

HH.

John Collins has a better chance Docco..I am a big big fan of this Bhoy and hopefully someday it happens for him..

HH.

If there's a guy who knows how to motivate his teammates every day in training and every match it's the skipper..put beside him an assistant who is tactically astute like Maloney and a professional PT trainer and you have your dream team there.....what else do we really need?
I guess their only crime would be is that they are Scottish and not sexy enough

First the loving cup so the supporters can see what they think of their fans then the begging bowl to see how much they can sqeeze out of their fans...Once Again.
When will they ever learn ???.

HH.

All clubs will have taken a hit , but I dont expect Celtic to be in a bad position comparably, why do you ghostie?
Agree with you that every club will take a hit Winter but its how clubs will be compelled to respond to the new economic reality. We can see it already in the dead January window in most European countries, even the elite clubs are struggling, players values dropping like a stone, even the financial return from European participation could be halved or worse. I think ( and the huns have already beaten us to the punch regarding this with Wright and Simpson ) we need to set our sights on good SPL and lower league English players.

Members online

Latest posts

Back