New Celtic manager , who do we want?

Who do you want as the inevitable new manager?

• WGS

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Frank Lampard

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Steve Clarke

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Martin O'Neil

• Other (please state)

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Martinez /Maloney

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
If there's a guy who knows how to motivate his teammates every day in training and every match it's the skipper..put beside him an assistant who is tactically astute like Maloney and a professional PT trainer and you have your dream team there.....what else do we really need?
I guess their only crime would be is that they are Scottish and not sexy enough
I would not have a problem with Broony in charge Docco but it would need to be a bit down the line when he has learned the ropes from a very decent coach,we know Broony is all about loyalty to the club and the supporters,we would know exactly what to expect from him and his staff.

HH.

Id go for John Collins. As far as I can tell his only "crime" as a manager is expecting players to be professional in their approach to diet and fitness 🤷‍♂️
J.C. has the same problem as Eric Black, major personality problems. They both destroy dressing rooms, remember J.C. with Ronny, looked like the dressing room was split apart in his last season. Eric Black appears to have sum sort of Meglomainia wherever he's been. He makes it impossible to have trust in the dressing room.

J.C. was an incredible player for us, especially during The Dark Days, we could easily got relegated without him n McStay. Got no problems with way he left, if I remember we got coupla million for him and could understand him wanting Monaco, kinda suited him too.

Keep the guy away from Celtic staff, tho!

Celtic is not a job for a rookie manager, we need someone to hit the ground running, M&M would be my choice, Martinez played with Motherwell, so knows what Scottish football is all about and Maloney played for us, but both would be on a wage that would make lawwells eyes pop out, so that rules them out, expect some unknown Scandinavian or Eastern European (cheap and will do what he’s told)

I honestly have no idea who will be the new manager but if it is Desmond that is making then the decision then expect someone with Irish connections or to be Irish as that seems to be his criteria for our club.

I can't for the life of me understand why we don't have this as a contingency plan if a manager doesn't work out then we can go for x because we have discussed previously etc.. lennon should have been gone the minute the 10 started looking out with his capability.

I personally wouldn't want maloney as a coach or anything for that matter, another player who spent more time in the med bay and jumped as soon as a transfer came along. I also have to say no to broony as he would probably be another lennon, a club captain who is loyal and apparently a good motivator.

All I would ask for is that the manager is able to be tactically aware and that they can push the club to its maximums on the European stage, im sick of hearing from managers that I have taken the club as far as I can like lennon first time or Rodgers, that is what worries me most because as long as Desmond and this board remain with their vision how far can we actually be progressed as a club?
I am also starting to think that we still won't see a revamp on the coaching side of things, if you look at our club we aren't actually run very well, marketing is shocking at times, merchandise is over used and thrown in our faces, the media side is second rate from online discussion to celtic TV and if you say but we buy players and make money then I will also say why can't we get the type of cash the Ajax's or Benfica's and etc get for players? 25 million is our whack for Tierney whilst ajax and the likes constantly reign in 40m plus for players.

I know a lot of people still say the bunnets legacy was tarnished because of the youth and training facilities promise and a few other wee things not being fulfilled but imo as far as I see the worst thing he ever done was let Desmond take the club as he is useless and if you go all the way back to when he actually put money in you can find he took just as much out.

Thats my 2 Bob on the matter 😂

GB becoming embarrassing now hounding a man at his workplace, we know what we want, the point has been made weeks ago now fuck off and stay indoors and leave the guy alone, theres a pandemic going around in case you have not noticed.

View attachment 13205
Fucking overinflated sense of entitlement,in some quarters, and don't tell me about 'all the good they do for the club'
Many people do, but don't shout about it
Support the team, howver, it seems, that if you disagree with their fireworks and banner displays, you get slated for it
The club got fined for their pyro displays when they were asked to cease and desist from the flares, did they listen ? No, they didn't, fucking childish
Missiles thrown at the players in their cars and team buses, by 'Supporters' ???
Please, give us a break
These displays, do nothing to change the minds of the men in charge, who control decisions, in some cases, it strengthens their resolve
Use your heads, and your wallets to show the guys at the top, how you feel
We get it, even old guys like me, it's a tough go this season, and we've all given our opinions on what should and could happen, but to hound Neil Lennon the way they do constantly, only makes supporters like me, think that they have no respect for the job, the man has done for us, in the past decades, as a player and manager
I was called a 'happy clapper' whatever the fuck that is, fucking weans, and their wee flegs eh ?
Enough, we get it, HE gets it, the man has had bullets and bomb threats from the mutants, these displays against Neil Lennon, are nothing short of mutant behaviour, and further erode the notion of us being, the greatest fans in the world
This constant barrage of hatred towards him, is fucking disgraceful
We'll get a new manager in at some point
And before anyone starts throwing their toys out of the pram, I'm not interested, in having a debate, about the fucking Green Brigade

HH

Last edited:
Fucking overinflated sense of entitlement,in some quarters, and don't tell me about 'all the good they do for the club'
Support the team, howver, it seems, that if you disagree with their fireworks and banner displays, you get slated for it
The club got fined for their puro displays when they were asked to cease and desist from the flares, did they listen ? No, they didn't, fucking childish
Missiles thrown at the players in their cars and team buses, by 'Supporters' ???
Please, give us a break
These displays, do nothing to change the minds of the men in charge, who control decisions, in some cases, it strengthens their resolve
We get it, even old guys like me, it's a tough go this season, and we've all given our opinions on what should and could happen, but to hound Neil Lennon the way they do constantly, only makes supporters like me, think that they have no respect for the job, the man has done for us, in the past decades, as a player and manager
I was called a 'happy clapper' whatever the fuck that is, fucking weans, and their wee flegs eh ?
Enough, we get it, HE gets it, the man has had bullets and bomb threats from the mutants, these displays against Neil Lennon, are nothing short of mutant behaviour, and further erode the notion of us being, the greatest fans in the world
And before anyone starts throwing their toys out of the pram, I'm not interested, in having a debate, about the fucking Green Brigade

HH
So your still undecided about the GB then Dill :unsure:

i couldn't have said it better
i think there's an increasing section that forget what being a Celtic supporter is all about ,
its great when things are all singing and winning,
but there's a price when things aint going oor way and that price is to behave like a Celtic supporter, show some respect for those that carry the burden as its a heavy burden to carry

The club got fined for their pyro displays when they were asked to cease and desist from the flares, did they listen ? No, they didn't, fucking childish
Please, give us a break

HH

So if not for the green brigade or the guys in the 90s then who really would be giving a voice for the support? Most people aren't even going to join the Trust etc.. no matter who it is there will always be division.

Also the greatest fans in the world is a joke tag, we can't fill a goddamn stadium most of the time, we hear that Edouard is one of the best players in a shirt over the last 20 years but how many fans turn out to see him every other week? Even in the europa league we cant fill a stadium most of the time.

We don't want the current regime, we don't want the green brigade we don't want the trust, jeez we even booed the bunnet when he came back to unfurl the flag. I think its safe to say we are an unhappy bunch 😂

Agree with you that every club will take a hit Winter but its how clubs will be compelled to respond to the new economic reality. We can see it already in the dead January window in most European countries, even the elite clubs are struggling, players values dropping like a stone, even the financial return from European participation could be halved or worse. I think ( and the huns have already beaten us to the punch regarding this with Wright and Simpson ) we need to set our sights on good SPL and lower league English players.
Aye I agree with you there, and I'm aware that the frimpong and ntcham sales wont show up in this interims but wont the KT sale show up on them? If it does then 25 million this interim and then 15 million for the previous two sales would indicate to me that the club are still in a strong healthy financial position. Imagine that sevco sold tav and kent for just say 15 million , could they replace them like we can? I don't think so but since theyve bot rabbits a plenty in their hats you never know. I get you're concerns ghostie but respectfully dont share them, outside the top 5 leagues indeed including them we have made more than the majority of them by getting rid of 2 wantaways futures stil bright and still green and white regardless of a seasons blip . That said lenny has to go or forget the whole thing . We should just pay whatever he thinks hes owed and make way for the new man and there will be plenty of takers and I'd not be surprised if lampard ended up at CP either though I'm a realist and understand that many clubs will want him. Can they offer European football though and trophies? No they can't and 2 cl places is where top managers are rated , I just hope we get our first choice not our 5th choice, either should be better than Lennon and his " dont want to help " management team ☘

So if not for the green brigade or the guys in the 90s then who really would be giving a voice for the support? Most people aren't even going to join the Trust etc.. no matter who it is there will always be division.

Also the greatest fans in the world is a joke tag, we can't fill a goddamn stadium most of the time, we hear that Edouard is one of the best players in a shirt over the last 20 years but how many fans turn out to see him every other week? Even in the europa league we cant fill a stadium most of the time.

We don't want the current regime, we don't want the green brigade we don't want the trust, jeez we even booed the bunnet when he came back to unfurl the flag. I think its safe to say we are an unhappy bunch 😂
Think you might find that the reaction to the GB was no-one said they did not want them, just do not want a GB that trolls a man at his workplace or think it's fine to attack cars leaving stadiums etc. Matt Glone and the sack the board did peacefull protests and witheld support at games.
Theres more ways to achieve your entitlement to good product for your bucks, you only have to stop giving if you are not happy, money is king in any buisness.

Fergus introduced PL and the board and Fergus introduced the buy low sell high player market, he also would not buy players with no value at high salary, he also did not give a fuck about the ten in a row the old huns club were going for. He wanted a club to stand on its feet financially always and then rewards will come.
Hard to argue with PL when he places the quadruple and Invincible treble and 9 in a row on his resume. Now we are in transient mode, and the good times will be back again, financially we are not solid but we are better placed in financials than most during a lock down and pandemic.

Clubs failing to move on assets will be forced to dilute wothless shares, thats the real news, IMO I can ride out a winter of discontent if I see the shoots of a new harvest.

No one fancies WGS even in the short term? I'm quite surprised by that. I think that he is way more tactically astute than Lennon and has plans a,b,and c as opposed to "plan a has gone to shit gavin whit does the lap top say?" Its says nae joy gaffer 😓
WGS would be a step backwards yet again even if it's only in the interim. Those who have chosen to leave before for whatever reason shouldn't be looking for another pay day at our expense when what we need is a proven successful manager who desires the challenges Celtic will offer.
That manager will never be Frank Lampard who will no doubt still be aiming for an EPL side.

WGS would be a step backwards yet again even if it's only in the interim. Those who have chosen to leave before for whatever reason shouldn't be looking for another pay day at our expense when what we need is a proven successful manager who desires the challenges Celtic will offer.
That manager will never be Frank Lampard who will no doubt still be aiming for an EPL side.
I have a lot of time for WGS and he is very good at simplifying tactics so that numpties like me can understand. But I think he has been away from the cutting edge of club football for too long for my liking so if probably very out of touch with the latest developments and being able to relate to today's pampered footballers (he was prickly enough 15 years ago). And I doubt if he would even want the hassle at his age.

Lampard was a fabulous footballer and seems like a nice and intelligent guy, but I don't think he would fit in well at Celtic and I would think he would prefer to stay in English football where the budgets are much larger.

No one fancies WGS even in the short term? I'm quite surprised by that. I think that he is way more tactically astute than Lennon and has plans a,b,and c as opposed to "plan a has gone to shit gavin whit does the lap top say?" Its says nae joy gaffer 😓
I would Take Wee Chesney back right now as Interim Boss Winter he’s got a football Brain And has some Tactical nous.
And he Loves the Club like a Real Fan
Unlike the Bedsheet Goodtimers

HH 🍀

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back