New Celtic manager , who do we want?

Who do you want as the inevitable new manager?

• WGS

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Frank Lampard

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Steve Clarke

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Martin O'Neil

• Other (please state)

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Martinez /Maloney

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
something moved me, might have been bowel related, i'm now on irish meadow,
luscious pre brexit skitters in a bottle

i wish i was paddy reilly, only younger, slimmer, better looking and better on guitar
this is my goodnight song always

And when times got tough, there was just about enough
But they saw it through without complaining
For deep inside was a burning pride
In the team I loved so well

inexperience
broony and an experienced non celtic man tomorrow
i'm in
Inexperience??

Playing 600 games of top level football for Glasgow Celtic, Playing more European games than anyone In the history of Celtic FC..being the second most successful captain in the history of Celtic FC.... bossing Scottish football for 17 years..a proper leader of men... Knows the Scottish game inside out..... actually probably one of the most iconic Scottish characters of all time.......stein was inexperienced as a manager, so was mcneill,so was burns.....so is Broony! Why's he any different?

Last edited:
Inexperience??

Playing 600 games of top level football? Playing more European games than anyone In the history of Celtic FC..being the second most successful captain in the history of Celtic FC.... bossing Scottish football for 17 years..a proper leader of men... Knows the Scottish game inside out..... actually probably one of the most iconic Scottish characters of all time.......stein was inexperienced as a manager, so was mcneill,so was burns.....so us Broony! Why's he any different?
:poop:

Inexperience??

Playing 600 games of top level football for Glasgow Celtic, Playing more European games than anyone In the history of Celtic FC..being the second most successful captain in the history of Celtic FC.... bossing Scottish football for 17 years..a proper leader of men... Knows the Scottish game inside out..... actually probably one of the most iconic Scottish characters of all time.......stein was inexperienced as a manager, so was mcneill,so was burns.....so is Broony! Why's he any different?
Your persistent Docco I'll give you that.
Football nowadays has gone very technical as regards everyone in a squad needs to know there role within the squad and be ready for match day.
We need a huge rebuilding job now and someone who can also attract the type of players we need to get back to where we should be.
To big of a risk and task for someone without any managerial experience yet imo.
Great leaders and players on the pitch don't always make great managers as there are countless who have proven that.
A risk not worth taking just yet

Inexperience??

Wise up docco for fuck sake. We all know at this stage ye have a boner for broony. We need a manager with a proven track record. Not a fuckin shot in the dark or a gamble hopin that broony will make a good manager. He has no experience whatsoever. It's just too risky. Maybe in the future, but not now. We need someone to rebuild the whole club and give the youngsters a chance to break through. Not like the current set up.
Ralf rangnick or someone like that.

Inexperience??

.Stein was inexperienced as a manager, so was mcneill,so was burns.....so is Broony! Why's he any different?
Jock had management experience before joining Celtic.

Billy had also, and Tommy had been in management as well Docco, imho Broonie could be one for the future, either start of in management at a lower level or become assistant manager at Celtic with a more experienced guy for a few seasons.

Starting off at Celtic as club manager, nah not for me.

John Terry...loves the Celtic

With regards Broony, Terry or any fledgling ex-player coach....I don't get people when they say " no, don't want him, I want someone who can organise a defense etc."
These are guys who have played at the very top, trained and been coached everyday under the very best coaches and managers..they have forgotten more about the game than most even know.They are media savvy and know football clubs inside out...Some people are just cut out for being a manager, they have the charisma , knowledge and ability to lead with the latter being one of the most important factors in guiding a group of players
What experience does Broonie have as a manager? He knows the club inside out but then again so does Lennon. Look how that panned out. Oh and don't gimme the pish about having a good coach beside him. That infers his "coach" would be better as a manager. We don't need a new manager with no experience ya fekn nugget😡

Inexperience??

John Barnes was an experienced player, successful, played under great managers.....

You know the rest of the story.

Broony has had a a stellar career at Celtic their can be no doubt and there aren't many in the world who have captained their club for so long with the unprecedented success that he has enjoyed. In all honesty I feel sorry for him this year that it has to end this way when it is brutally obvious that this was a season too many for his waning capability. There maybe a place for him in the future in some capacity but now is not the time ...the tight trilogy of Lawwell Lennie and Broony is over and we must look forward now to a new era.

Back