Peter "back of the bus" Lawwell - Merged

Without a doubt Lawwell and Desmond have to answer and apologise to every supporter and shareholder for the way they have treated all of us..
Was this an act of negligence or pure arrogance when he said that RES 12 was not in the best interest of the club,or maybe he meant it was not in his best interest to pursue RES 12.
We now also need to question the answer he gave to the shareholders by telling them he had phoned EUFA on the morning of the AGM and he was told by EUFA they were no longer interested in RES 12 because it had been longer than 5 years since it first came to their attention..
As it stands just now,, if we are to believe what Lawwell has said that he did not read the 5 way agreement..does this means that only sevco and the sfa know the contents of this document ???.
Just my opinion....I now believe the reason Peter Lawwell allowed us to be kicked from pillar to post since 29th December without once coming out in our defence is because he had more to lose than he had to gain,,,, the skeleton cupboard is beginning to open Peter..
Have you ever heard the old adage Peter...jump before being pushed ???.
Worth thinking about..

HH.

I think trust in his model is at an all time low, due to his silence on so many key issues over last few years, coupled with his customer statement/company interests.

If its true he knows contents of 5 way agreement and is in favour of the elephant creating so much anger.

1 They actually believe the utter nonsense of club v company distinction. And are taking (what may well have started as a goodwill gesture) the piss on every level based on this 5 way agreement, driving a lunatic financial model that will crash Scottish football if it fails.

2 He either lied to Celtic support or used double talk misleading narrative on his willingness to support ethics of football in previous AGMs, imo, perhaps in hope it all just went away, or more sinister to capitalise on his own personal financial gain while the crypt tried to capitalise their new club.

Eitherway, his silence has not been welcome, and perhaps there are other sinister stuff that he hopes will just go away in the sound of silence.

Somebody at club needs to deal with the silence

1 to clear up the off field anger
2 to get a proper accountable legal definition on the happenings that clearly were clouded in shenanigans, imo, since Craig Whyte trial and the overall ineptitude/corruption ruining the love of the game.

In short I think AYE

club needs to address fans both to stabilise and reinvigorate the trust that board love club more than money.
There is no either or TET he has lied to every shareholder and supporter of Celtic Football club,,and I think Michael is right in his thinking Desmond knew about all of it.
I also believe he has the knowledge to take down the SFA but I also believe they have the same knowledge which would see him up to his neck in it,,and this is why there has been no statements coming out of Parkhead..
We have a PR company on the books called Hallicom,,why have they not made a statement in defence of Celtic ???,were they told to keep quiet ???

HH.

There is no either or TET he has lied to every shareholder and supporter of Celtic Football club,,and I think Michael is right in his thinking Desmond knew about all of it.
I also believe he has the knowledge to take down the SFA but I also believe they have the same knowledge which would see him up to his neck in it,,and this is why there has been no statements coming out of Parkhead..
We have a PR company on the books called Hallicom,,why have they not made a statement in defence of Celtic ???,were they told to keep quiet ???

HH.
It does look that way.

As an affirmed defender of Peter Lawwell previously, the splinters in my arse are becoming infected now.

If recent reports have any merit, then it would appear that Lawwell believes that any pathway to the riches of English football is entirely dependent on some incarnation of that mob being part of the deal.

If he also wields that much authority in the corridors of Celtic Park, then it also means that there are other members of the board enjoying the perks of their position without as much as lifting a finger in resistance.

If fans, players and other folk associated with Celtic have their feet held to the fire, then it is only fair that the Chief Executive be held to account also.

Perhaps there is a different standard set for those who generate revenue streams, but beyond Celtic's commercial partnerships, Peter Lawwell has overseen back-to-back failures to generate revenue via The Champions League. We are also playing Russian Roulette with destiny at the moment and still we fail to make significant moves to eliminate much of the doubt relating to our title aspirations.

The major feature in my defence of Lawwell's tenure is based around the lack of appropriate replacements for the role, but that argument is wearing thin when the man appears to hold such blatant disregard for the club's supporters/customers and such high esteem for organisations who would gleefully have us wiped off the face of the earth.

Lawwell does not stand alone though. There has to be serious reservations about many others operating in the shadows and behind the scenes. However - Lawwell will happily take the plaudits when the ship fares well. He must also man the decks when the ship is bearing water.

As an affirmed defender of Peter Lawwell previously, the splinters in my arse are becoming infected now.

If recent reports have any merit, then it would appear that Lawwell believes that any pathway to the riches of English football is entirely dependent on some incarnation of that mob being part of the deal.

If he also wields that much authority in the corridors of Celtic Park, then it also means that there are other members of the board enjoying the perks of their position without as much as lifting a finger in resistance.

If fans, players and other folk associated with Celtic have their feet held to the fire, then it is only fair that the Chief Executive be held to account also.

Perhaps there is a different standard set for those who generate revenue streams, but beyond Celtic's commercial partnerships, Peter Lawwell has overseen back-to-back failures to generate revenue via The Champions League. We are also playing Russian Roulette with destiny at the moment and still we fail to make significant moves to eliminate much of the doubt relating to our title aspirations.

The major feature in my defence of Lawwell's tenure is based around the lack of appropriate replacements for the role, but that argument is wearing thin when the man appears to hold such blatant disregard for the club's supporters/customers and such high esteem for organisations who would gleefully have us wiped off the face of the earth.

Lawwell does not stand alone though. There has to be serious reservations about many others operating in the shadows and behind the scenes. However - Lawwell will happily take the plaudits when the ship fares well. He must also man the decks when the ship is bearing water.
return of the globe trotter

where you been?

They both show a total absence of balls and ambition. I am all about forgiveness though, you probably noticed, so if they do what needs to be done this month I will take them off my bastard list.
I canny be fairer than that.
I know Theverdict1 you have been championing Shveds case to get on that park,,not even in the squad tonight,,unless there is something major changes..

HH.

Personally I think he's failed thanking big time since 2012, Once the HUN was found out the be cheating he should have demanded all cups & league titles won in the period should be stripped & put on record that league or cups won in those season were withheld due to Rangers CHEATING!

His inaction over Res 12 is shocking & the fact he blatantly lied to share holders about UEFA's stance on the matter is unforgivable. He maybe should have had a wee read at the rules FIFA & UEFA don't have a limit of time in rule breaches.

The 5 way agreement(THE CHEATS CHARTER) has to be.put in to the put domain, if Celtic as a club fail to fight for fairness & transparency in the game. Then the cheating HUN won & WE CAN'T LET THAT FUCKIN HAPPEN

Agree the captain of the ship is always the last man to go down with his ship and face the tough questions, but, i believe we have a duty also to ask what were the others doing when the ship was sailing smoothly and who gives them a right to bailout without question when the water holes above the comfort zone. Who advises PL on what is legal and what is not legal when he gives responses, a CEO will not just gives replies without consultation on legal issues.

Agree the captain of the ship is always the last man to go down with his ship and face the tough questions, but, i believe we have a duty also to ask what were the others doing when the ship was sailing smoothly and who gives them a right to bailout without question when the water holes above the comfort zone. Who advises PL on what is legal and what is not legal when he gives responses, a CEO will not just gives replies without consultation on legal issues.
Think Dermot is the thumb's up, thumb's down man in charge.

Does Peter Lawwell have to answer the allegations that he either misled the Celtic AGM, Shareholders et al.....and/or was negligent in his role as the Celtic CEO.....in reference to the secret 5 way agreement?

I say AYE!
It's a no brainer for me. The contradictions in the things he is on
Does Peter Lawwell have to answer the allegations that he either misled the Celtic AGM, Shareholders et al.....and/or was negligent in his role as the Celtic CEO.....in reference to the secret 5 way agreement?

I say AYE!
Given some of the conflicting things he has said and the allegations of misleading the agm I think he should attempt some sort of an explanation. Not sure if he will mind you but I think he should HH

Agree fully ! Just been commenting on Etims who have a similar message for the Board.

The supporters are being asked to fund the club in a time of (financial ) crisis - and will step up and meet the challenge , I have no doubt of that !

However , what are the very well-heeled Board members doing ?

We , the supporters ALWAYS step up when asked . ''A club like no other !'' should have a Board ''like no other '' too ! Time for them to show that THEY are supporters too !

If they think that deferring their Board's remuneration is enough - think again ! How many supporters , if blessed with a place on the Celtic Board would accept even a penny for the honour ?
So , gentlemen , time to put your money where your comfy arses have been for too many years !

HH

Last edited:
I have just renewed my s/t and just glad to be able to do so.Celtic is so much a part of my life i feel blessed to have them to look forward to every year.For 73 yrs now Saturday and Parkhead were a hiighlight .This virtual game thing is not ideal,but what is the alternative.At least we get to see the Bhoys play.I do think though the price to watch the Tic on tv is a bit of a liberty and not a peep about last season unseemly games.Sometimes I think the board push their luck at times. Anyway rant over keep safe guys and HH.☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back