Peter Lawwell

Hes a CEO who stayed too long but he has contacts in the game I find it incredible that some folk think different. Whether hes used them properly is another question but to answer the question about what contacts he has contacts in the city group for starters where his son works hence the paddy Robert's, ntcham ( who was good for a while ) and others 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sorry winter at a guess I would say a list of potential players available and in our price bracket has already been drawn up by PL traitor.
Aren't we led to believe Eddie Howe was none to impressed.
Transfer window already been open for is it 3 weeks now and still nothing.
I can't help but think he is still going to have to big of a say in potential players coming to the club and that don't sit well with me at all.

No, however he will still be representing Celtic and Scotland at the European exec level....Dom said that he will be available on the phone for advice
Will that be the same advice Docco he gave Lenny and tried to give to B.R.
Dom McKay needs to nip this in the bud now and I believe he is strong enough to tell Lawwell ..
Mind your own Peter..

HH

Sorry winter at a guess I would say a list of potential players available and in our price bracket has already been drawn up by PL traitor.
I can't help but think he is still going to have to big of a say in potential players coming to the club and that don't sit well with me at all.
Never John have I hoped for somebody to be so wrong,we can only hope big Ange has handed Dom Mckay a list of potentials,Lawwell in all seriousness must not be allowed to get involved with transfers ever again..

HH.

Let's say you're right johnno and McKay has his ear. Will that stop you from renewing your ST ? I think until a DOF is in place then aye perhaps he will still have a say in regards to helping McKay taking up the reigns. I really doubt it will go further than that other than perhaps an ambassadorial role. Folk have to mind that whilst his popularity has plummeted to an all time low amongst the support he is still very much a respected figure in European football by those other powers that be who are probably just as hated as lawell by their own supporters. We wanted him out and hes out and now hes out folk are still moaning that he might help McKay in how to deal with awkward customers around Europe and the world? I would rather McKay has someone to turn to than no-one at all. I am no fan of lawell far from it but I dont forget he oversaw the 9iar , invincible season and the quadreble whilst making Celtic richer than weve ever been. Hes gone and some are saying that because McKay " might" ask advice they wont renew?? That's the worst thing I can imagine any Celtic supporter do at a time when we desperately need all of us to renew. Not renewing is not helping ange it's not helping McKay and it most definitely is not helping Celtic. Faithful through and through? We will see , if we dont sell the required number of STs I will for one be embarrassed. Especially when a club not a decade old has been doing so every year through all the lower divisions and we call them gullible " keep the faith " also springs to mind ( not aimed at your good self johnno just a rant) we are Celtic this is not a situation that requires a Fergus McCann's intervention and theres no reason why we cannot take our title straight back. This ' hatred ' of peter lawell has to be put to its bed and we move on or is he bigger than Celtic? HH

He not gone though. That's the whole point
Let's say you're right johnno and McKay has his ear. Will that stop you from renewing your ST ? I think until a DOF is in place then aye perhaps he will still have a say in regards to helping McKay taking up the reigns. I really doubt it will go further than that other than perhaps an ambassadorial role. Folk have to mind that whilst his popularity has plummeted to an all time low amongst the support he is still very much a respected figure in European football by those other powers that be who are probably just as hated as lawell by their own supporters. We wanted him out and hes out and now hes out folk are still moaning that he might help McKay in how to deal with awkward customers around Europe and the world? I would rather McKay has someone to turn to than no-one at all. I am no fan of lawell far from it but I dont forget he oversaw the 9iar , invincible season and the quadreble whilst making Celtic richer than weve ever been. Hes gone and some are saying that because McKay " might" ask advice they wont renew?? That's the worst thing I can imagine any Celtic supporter do at a time when we desperately need all of us to renew. Not renewing is not helping ange it's not helping McKay and it most definitely is not helping Celtic. Faithful through and through? We will see , if we dont sell the required number of STs I will for one be embarrassed. Especially when a club not a decade old has been doing so every year through all the lower divisions and we call them gullible " keep the faith " also springs to mind ( not aimed at your good self johnno just a rant) we are Celtic this is not a situation that requires a Fergus McCann's intervention and theres no reason why we cannot take our title straight back. This ' hatred ' of peter lawell has to be put to its bed and we move on or is he bigger than Celtic? HH

Although I think Lawwell is a busted flush, he might still be able help the club (there are obviously a lot of discussions going on behind the scenes for possible restructuring of European football).

As long as PL is no longer paid a high salary, has absolutely zero input in choosing transfer targets and doesn't interfere in operations then I personsally can live with that, but fully understand why so angry many fans just want him to GTF forever.

I was led to believe that Howe was impressed and he had an agreement in place to join. If lawell was still in the clubs employment shouldnt he be identifying players who are within our budget? That's his job or was. Howe bottled it johnno nothing will convince me otherwise though at the same time I dont blame him after the dreadful scenes. Still it's a mark of his bottle or lack thereof to me.

Although I think Lawwell is a busted flush, he might still be able help the club (there are obviously a lot of discussions going on behind the scenes for possible restructuring of European football).

As long as PL is no longer paid a high salary, has absolutely zero input in choosing transfer targets and doesn't interfere in operations then I personsally can live with that, but fully understand why so angry many fans just want him to GTF forever.
Well said BB 👏 using lawell as an excuse not to renew is a poor one. I'd have renewed if he was still there for he isnt Celtic. You and I are as much Celtic as he is. HH

So if PL watches the Games we shouldn’t
If Dom Phones PL we should stop supporting Celtic. Not wanting to fall out with anyone but seems a bit childish
Like it’s ma ba. hate Peter Lawwell by the way highly paid mercenaries like him should be nowhere near Football but his past successes and the way the club was run
Is why we took no Government money unlike the rest of the SPL.
If I was new in a job and the guy I’m replacing was there I would love to shadow him for 2 months gives a better understanding of the job ahead. Let’s forget Lawwell and move on to what the new men bring it’s new let’s give it a go
Faithful through and Through
Mon the Dom mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀 🏈

Ok I think he said Peter lawwell has a couple of years left at ECA
If you take up a role/are voted on a board it’s normally got a time span
Clubs voted Peter lawwell on that board
They never voted celtic on the board
If he walks from the ECA board at this time we are far less represented

then he said he’s in the end of a phone
Bit if knickers in a twist fir me
DD puts a CEO in to run celtic
PL ain’t the concern for me anymore

Did I hear Dom McKay right , PL will be at celtic for another 2 years.
He stated "I think he’s got two years with the ECA so he’ll stay involved with that, it’s important for Scotland and the club.
He’s told me he’ll be at the end of the phone if I have any questions."

now am pretty sure that to be on the ECA you need to be at a club.

I think we have the answer to who has been given ange his signing targets.
I've had my ST since 2006, I will not be renewing. Job of a club. Everything changes while really staying the same
I think you're Cutting your nose off to spite your face bigman. My friend is on as 6 year waiting list for a season ticket. He will be bumped up the list quicker now with a lot of people like yourself choosing to not renew out of protest. All that happens is, someone takes your place. There's rakes of people chomping at the bit to get your to ticket.
The club doesn't lose out. You do!

What's his expiry date? End of the month or last month ? Whichever it is he will be GONE hes resigned as per supporters request. What more do you want ? Dont answer the phone if its Dom McKay calling ? That's just ridiculous HH
Mckay just stated that he will be at the ECA for another 2 years. Fir that to happen , he needs to be at a club.
So he won't be GONE.
He's stepped down as CEO and the club has not said anything else about it until McKay was asked today

I think you're Cutting your nose off to spite your face bigman. My friend is on as 6 year waiting list for a season ticket. He will be bumped up the list quicker now with a lot of people like yourself choosing to not renew out of protest. All that happens is, someone takes your place. There's rakes of people chomping at the bit to get your to ticket.
The club doesn't lose out. You do!
I don't lose out. I will am more than happy to give it up. If someone wants my ticket, on you go take it. There's a fucking annoying woman sitting right of front of you though. She does pass out sweets like an old granny right enough lol

Mckay just stated that he will be at the ECA for another 2 years. Fir that to happen , he needs to be at a club.
So he won't be GONE.
He's stepped down as CEO and the club has not said anything else about it until McKay was asked today
He can do that in an ambassadorial position but lawells tenure as CEO of Celtic football club ends on the 1st of July fact. You're saying you wont renew because he will represent not only Celtic but Scottish football clubs on the ECA is reason enough for you not to renew? Pity the rangers fans who had none then 1 then another after another of CEOs didnt have the same mindset for by now they would be well and truly under.

So he won't be GONE.
He doesnt have to be at the club as employee per say as hes not only representing Celtic but Scottish football clubs

PL still there?
Well that tells us who has been doing the transfers and who will bring in the new players. 1 pence over and we’ll not be getting the players we’re interested in. God knows how long it’ll take to sign anyone. 😡

Back